155910Re: human language grammars for computers

  • Wesley Parish
    Nov 2, 2008
      On Sunday 02 November 2008 03:48, Gary Shannon wrote:
      > --- On Sat, 11/1/08, Wesley Parish <wes.parish@...> wrote:
      > > From: Wesley Parish <wes.parish@...>
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I'm working my way through some books on the likes of
      > > BNF, lex, yacc and so
      > > on, and I'm wondering if anyone's got any pointers
      > > to the way human language
      > > grammars are parsed etc, by software?
      >
      > Google "Natural Language Processing".
      >
      > There are Context Free Grammar (CFG) parsers, Ordered CFG parsers (OCFG),
      > link grammars, top down, bottom up, and many more.
      >
      > A lot of people are working on computer parsing, and there is a lot of
      > literature on the subject. Myself, I've invented two new methods of machine
      > parsing <http://fiziwig.com/parser/parse2.html> and I'm working on a third
      > right now.
      >
      > --gary
      > Google "Natural Language Processing".
      >
      > There are Context Free Grammar (CFG) parsers, Ordered CFG parsers (OCFG),
      > link grammars, top down, bottom up, and many more.
      >
      > A lot of people are working on computer parsing, and there is a lot of
      > literature on the subject. Myself, I've invented two new methods of machine
      > parsing <http://fiziwig.com/parser/parse2.html> and I'm working on a third
      > right now.
      >
      > --gary

      Thanks
      -----
      Gaul is quartered into three halves. Things which are
      impossible are equal to each other. Guerrilla
      warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
      Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
      of the foolish.
      -----
      Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?