150517Re: your opinion

  • Henrik Theiling
    Jan 2, 2008
      Hi!

      Reilly Schlaier writes:
      >>Where does the _a_ in _skagg_- forms come from?
      >
      > 'o' becomes 'a' sometimes because of an irregular a-umlaut
      > its supposed to be across the board but tends to occur only rarely (because
      > im not sure if i like it or not)

      It sure messed up the declension tables even more, so I tend to like it. :-)

      >>Another thing: I take it 'til' is a preposition? Why does it take
      >>dative case? It takes genitive in Icelandic. (Dunno about Faroese,
      >>though.)
      >
      > its actually just there to help distinguish the acc. from the dat.

      Where does it derive from, then? It confused me a bit.

      And I suppose it would not be a problem if the acc and dat where
      indistinguishable from some words -- it happens in Icelandic, too.

      > im a fan of Þrjótrunn because of how impossibly well researched it is :)

      Wow, thanks! :-)

      **Henrik
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic