147725Re: Brr (was: Re: A few questions about linguistics concerning my new project)

  • T. A. McLeay
    Aug 2, 2007
      Henrik Theiling wrote:
      > Hi!
      >
      > Philip Newton writes:
      >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_vowel_system ;
      >
      > One of the languages listed there, Arrernte, has prestopped nasals. I
      > like that, too. It seems to go well with the syllable structure of
      > VC(C). I wonder whether for a more onset-oriented speaker, this
      > language would sound spoken backward... :-)

      It is worth noting that it's only *argued* that the syllable structure
      is VC(C). My phonology teacher at uni last year, who worked with
      aboriginal languages, did not with the idea (but she was rushing through
      the end of a lecture and didn't get a chance to elaborate on it).

      Still, this looks like another scary language...

      --
      Tristan.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic