146964Re: Doing without relative, coordinate and subordinate clauses?

  • Jeff Rollin
    Jul 1, 2007
      In the last episode, (On Sunday 01 July 2007 03:44:58),
      MorphemeAddict@... wrote:
      > In a message dated 6/30/2007 10:50:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
      >
      > jeff.rollin@... writes:
      > > wanted to do without relative, coordinate and subordinate clauses, and
      > > use participles and the like instead, I had no idea how to go about it.
      >
      > From your example it looks like you are not eliminating any of those types
      > of clauses, but only changing the form. The relative clause reminds me of
      > Chinese and Japanese.
      >
      > stevo </HTML>

      Yes, that would probably be more accurate. The model is Chinese, Japanese and
      other languages that are restricted to one finite verb per sentence, not
      Piraha!

      Jeff
      --
      "Please understand that there are small
      European principalities devoted to debating

      -- Cameron Laird
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic