142273Re: Weekly Vocab #1.1.2 (repost #1)

  • Carsten Becker
    Sep 3, 2006
      From: "Henrik Theiling" <theiling@...>
      Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 5:02 AM

      >> 1. forest

      vinim

      >> 2. mushroom (edible)

      tulang

      >> 3. to look for something

      balangao (to search)

      >> 4. To find something after searching for it

      sungao

      >> 5. base, bottom

      avan

      >> 6. moss

      itray

      >> 7. basket, bag

      kasu, ladang

      >> 8. pine needles, leaves of a conifer

      singay (< singaya, lit. "stitcher")

      >> 9. each

      -en (every)

      >> 10. always

      tadayen

      >> 1. The forest is in that direction. (or "over there",
      >> said while
      >> pointing to it)

      Vinimreng ada-bukanea.
      Forest.A that-direction.LOC

      >> 2. I like mushrooms very much!

      Le vatyayang tulangyeon kangan!
      TRG=P like.1s.A mushroom.PL.TRG *very*_much

      >> 3. I often go searching for mushrooms in the forest.

      Ang balangasayin komila tulangyeley vinimea.
      TRG=A search.HABIT.1s.TRG often muchroom.PL.P forest.LOC

      >> 4. She kept the mushroom that I tripped over.

      that means?

      >> 5. At the base of which tree did you find that
      >> mushroom?

      Eyran elinam mehirea le sungevang ada-tulangon?
      Under which tree.LOC TRG=P find.2s.A that-mushroom.TRG

      >> 6. There is no moss on the base of that tree.

      Ya yomoyarareng itrayley avan ada-mehirin.
      TRG=LOC exist.NEG.3s-inani.A moss.P at_bottom_of
      that-tree.TRG

      >> 7. Put the mushroom in the basket.

      Tapiu tulangley kasuea.
      Put.IMP mushroom.P basket.LOC

      >> 8. These baskets, the handles of which are made of
      >> pine needles, are useful.

      Eda-kasuyereng numerambay, sondamyeley sirengena singayena
      mehisingayena.
      This-basket.PL.A A.useful, handle.PL.P REL.A.GEN
      needle.PL.GEN needle-tree.GEN

      >> 9. That is the woman to whom I give each of the
      >> mushrooms.

      Adanyang envanaris si ang ilayin eda-tulangyenley.
      That.A woman.P REL TRG=A give.1s.TRG
      this-mushroom.PL.every.P

      >> 10. I always go looking for mushrooms is the forest
      >> through which we
      >> walked today.

      That should have been "in the forest", no?

      Ya balangasayang tulangyeley kong vinimin manga luga siya
      lampaynang davano.
      TRG=LOC search.HABIT.1s.A mushroom.PL.P inside_of forest.TRG
      through REL.LOC walk.1p.A today

      ('manga luga' = through; 'luga' itself means 'among,
      between', 'manga' indicates motion from one place to another
      by means of the following preposition)

      > - elucidation, n.
      > an act of explaining that serves to clear up and cast
      > light on

      taboyisao (lit. "to clarify")

      > - snap at, v.
      > bite off with a quick bite; "The dog snapped off a
      > piece of cloth from the
      > intruder's pants"

      bitogao mangasara (lit. "to tear away/off")

      And another 9 new words, that makes 1401 entries in the
      dictionary. The sentences were really more difficult than
      the words themselves.

      Yours,
      Carsten

      --
      "Miranayam kepauarà naranoaris." (Kalvin nay Hobbes)
      Palayena, Ravikan 16, 2315 ya 15:08:25 pd