137456Re: Seinundjei Script (is actually about allophony now)

  • Mark J. Reed
    Mar 1, 2006
      Many English speakers naturally have a voiceless fricative [W] for the
      "wh" in words like "what"; it's not pedantry for them. I haven't
      heard plain [w_0], but then that'd be a hard sound to hear. :). I have
      heard [hw_0], though; I assume that represents a pedantic attempt at
      [W].

      --
      Mark J. Reed <markjreed@...>
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic