134151Re: Online Language Identifier

  • Wesley Parish
    Oct 1, 2005
      On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 06:51, Adam Walker wrote:
      > --- Wesley Parish <wes.parish@...> wrote:
      > > I fed Xerox and Languid.cantbedone the following
      > > text from my Tanala archives:
      > > Enya renyarazre siritse! Se Sieratyi.
      > > praratrashya-siritse?
      > > Kebofutyo-siritse?
      >
      > <snip>
      >
      > > Xerox - Catalan
      > > Languid - Spanish
      > >
      > > So they were working on frequency of syllabic
      > > structure? Ie, which vowels and
      > > which consonants fitted together, and how often?
      > >
      > > That's the impression I get.
      > >
      > > Wesley Parish
      >
      > I have no idea how they were working, but Catalan
      > seems a pretty informed guess without knowing any of
      > the words. The first two sentences, especially, have
      > several letter sequences that look Catalan-ish. That
      > last line looks more like a Bantu language, though.

      I personally would think - if I was coming to Tanala without ever having known
      it before, I would think a word like praratrashya was indoaryan. But neither
      of the language-guessers had Prakrit as an option, so I suppose ... ;)

      kebofutyo is more random than anything else. I don't know any Bantu
      languages, much to my regret. ;)

      Wesley Parish

      > :-)
      >
      > ADam
      >
      > Jin nifalud fistus todus idavi eseud adimpuudu ul isu fi aved niminchunadu
      > pera ul Dju peu'l medju djul provedu cumvi dichid: «Iñi! Cunchepijid ed
      > nadajid il virdjini ad junu huiju, ed cuamajuns ad si il Emanueli fi
      > sñivigad ul Dju simu noviscu.»
      >
      > Machu 1:22-23

      -----
      Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?