132855Re: ZBB: Another "What language is this song in" thread.

  • Henrik Theiling
    Aug 1, 2005
      Hi!

      Steg Belsky <draqonfayir@...> writes:
      > On Jul 31, 2005, at 10:14 PM, Henrik Theiling wrote:
      > > Hi!
      > > Ooohoo, thanks, Steg, that's very great! :-)
      >
      > No problema!
      > Oh and i'm not the only crazy one.

      Definitely not. :-)

      > My friend who i took Intro to Linguistics with in college agreed that
      > the first line sounds like "I don't know why you are sorry"!

      There's concensus: my girlfriend and I both heard:
      '... why you are sohrie', pronounced with a strong German
      accent (there was [R] in it). :-)))

      > It's definitely [O] sometimes.

      Probably the Arabic script doesn't offer enough vowel signs for
      Persian.

      **Henrik
    • Show all 38 messages in this topic