132417Re: Alborgian

  • Isaac Penzev
    Jul 5, 2005
      Ingmar Roerdinkholder jazdy:

      > Did you name it after "Ajami", better known as Mozárabe (Mozarabic), the
      > Romance language of Andalucia under Moorish rule?

      Mozarabic was the prototype I had in mind while constructing this project. I
      invented the name "3ajamiya" before I knew it had been applied to the REAL
      language.

      > I'd like to know more about YOUR Ajami, is it a conlang or is it a modern
      > form of Mozarabe, or ... Tell me all about it.

      Since the conhistory of the project lies in the realm of an alternative
      timeline (where there were no Reconquista), it is definitely a conlang.
      Resources about Mozarabaic *here are too scarce, so MY Ajami is a kind of
      Mediaeval Spanish plus a lot of Arabic lexical borrowings. I used Farsi as a
      pattern.

      Most of the material is on paper. I have uploaded today several sporadic web
      pages that were originally intended to be my private notes in digital form,
      but I had no time to type all I had on paper. You can see it here:

      http://isaacp.narod.ru/01main.htm

      To see it correctly, you may need to switch to WestEuropean encoding
      manually - blame it to the Narod.ru...

      > Btw, I'm sure there is enough to be found on the web about all kind of
      > Arabic dialects, just try and look for it.
      >
      > If your interested, I can send you my file about Alborgian, but it is
      > written in Dutch...

      No, thanx. I think I could figure out linguistic Dutch, but Arabic dialects
      aren't my first priority now. I'm trying to find time and stamina for
      fleshing out my project #20 (a Turkic conlang with strong Slavic influence)
      and a concultural project of alternative history "1934: Kirov Is With Us".

      -- Yitzik
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic