New sci-fi novel illustrates people losing heritage

  • quintilitfan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2004
      Hello, all. I'm a new member. I just wanted to post this to
      mention
      that a newly-published novel I've just read deals generally with the
      very problem being discussed here.
      The book is 'Deep Blue - A Novel of Racial Conflict' by John
      Bramhall. It is available on www.amazon.com and
      www.barnes&noble.com.
      'Deep Blue' is a sociological science-fiction novel dealing with
      the social problems resulting when a host group of people throw open
      the floodgates and allow unrestricted immigration to a group of
      alien
      hordes.
      Having no respect for the host people's customs or traditions,
      the
      alien 'invaders' easily rise within the host society, eventually
      gaining political clout sufficient to allow them to pass laws
      discriminating heavily in their favor, at the expense of the host
      population.
      All who are concerned about immigration and population control
      should read this most prescient novel.