Is history repeating itself?

  • Charles Goodson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16 9:25 AM
      For some time I have pondered why are so many Iraqis are fighting
      against the U.S. led coalition, why are we still taking casualties?
      Then the answer hit me like a ton of bricks, there has been no
      surrender of the Iraqi Army, or Government under Saddam Hussein. Just
      because there is an Iraqi Governing Council, doesn't mean that it is
      the legal Government of Iraq. Until there is a Surrender of the old
      government, that is to say, until the Government of Saddam Hussein
      formerly surrenders, there can be no real peace and the casualties
      will continue. Until Saddam Hussein or one of his high Ministers
      offers to surrender, the Iraqi Governing Council will be an illegal
      Government. Even the new Iraqi Constitution, won't be legal until the
      Iraqi Constitution under Saddam is voided by the old Government.

      You might be wondering why I have titled this paper," is history
      repeating itself?" Because, something like this happened 139 years
      ago. A sovereign country was illegally invaded, and it's Government
      replaced with a puppet government. The Government of the Confederate
      States of America, was never surrendered by President Davis nor by
      any of it's high officials and it's Constitution never voided. The
      U.S. became an occupying force and appointed new leaders, to enforce
      Federal rule. At gunpoint, the State Governments of the Confederacy
      were forced to approve new Constitutions while the old ones were
      still in force.

      The duly elected officials of the Southern States were forcibly
      removed and new ones, loyal to Washington D.C. were appointed as
      taskmasters and overseers of the South. The rule of law was
      overthrown for the rule of the mob. Therefore the Confederate States
      Government, much like the old Government of Iraq, is still the valid
      and legal government of the Southern Republic known as the
      Confederate States of America. The Constitution of the Confederate
      States of America, is still the legal Constitution of the Southern
      Republic known as the Confederate States of America. The sooner we
      Confederates understand this, the sooner our country will be
      liberated.

      For a liberated Confederacy,

      Charles Goodson

      Chairman Southern Parties of the Southwest