make a choice

  • Charles Goodson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2003
      Southern Parties of the Southwest
      415 S. Terry Ln.
      Tempe Az,
      85281
      Telephone: 480-966-9746
      southernpartyaz@...

      September 9, 2003

      To all my Confederate friends,

      I was ask recently if I consider myself a citizen of the United
      States, or a citizen of the Confederate States of America. I was
      taken aback by this question, as I have never really thought about
      it before. I was unsure how to answer him, so I told him that I
      didn't know. When I got home, I started to think about it at length.
      DO I CONSIDER MYSELF A CITIZEN OF THE U.S., OR THE CSA?

      This is a question, that we in the Southern Movement must ask
      ourselves. Given the fact that we are trying to re-establish the
      Confederate State of America, we now must come to a decision. Do we
      accept the citizenship of a country that invaded and occupies the
      Confederacy a sovereign nation, or do we re-claim what was ours? Our
      Confederate Citizenship. Well, do we?

      If we claim that the Confederate States of America is indeed an
      occupied country and that the Government of that country is indeed
      still valid but vacant, then our answer must be a resounding YES!!!
      Yes we are citizens of the Confederate States of America, we refute
      for now and all time any claim to citizenship to the occupying
      government of the Federal Union.

      Now before you start looking for something else to read, let me
      explain my position.

      It is a given fact in this movement, the Confederate Government
      never surrendered the only entity that surrendered was the
      military. Lee surrendered the Army or to be more specific, the Army
      of Northern Virginia.( He allowed Each Commander, to surrender their
      own Army). At no time did the Confederate Government surrender, no
      Articles for the surrender of the government was drawn up. Anyone
      who is serving, or has served in the military will tell you, the
      military has no authority to surrender the government, that has to
      be done separately.

      President Davis never did accept his U.S. citizenship back, because
      he knew that if he did that would be the same as surrendering the
      Confederate Government.

      Many members of President Davis's Government went into self imposed
      exile, to avoid such an act. I believe, it was to put a kink in the
      Federals plan for the Confederate Government's surrender. It worked,
      no high ranking member of the Confederate Government ever
      surrendered, they stopped fighting for the moment.

      But it is to us, their descendants, to carry on the fight. We must
      liberate our country, we must drive the invaders out and re-claim
      our government. But we can only do this, if we answer the question,
      are we citizens of the United States or Confederate States of
      America? It matters not where you live, but where your heart and
      soul is.

      That is the question, you must answer it now. To quote a famous
      person, I know not what course others may take, but as for me, I am
      a citizen of the Confederate States of America. I refute now and for
      all time, all pretenses of citizenship to the occupying government
      of the Confederate States of America.

      May God grant us liberation,

      Charles Goodson

      Chairman Southern Parties of the Southwest
    • Col L. Byrd
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2003
        I was born and I will die a citizen of the Confederate States of America.

        Charles Goodson <charlesgoodson2001@...> wrote:Southern Parties of the Southwest
[...]

        DOWN WITH THE EAGLE
        UP WITH THE CROSS

        I SALUTE THE CONFEDERATE FLAG WITH AFFECTION REVERENCE AND UNDYING DEVOTION FOR WHICH IT STANDS."

      • Charles Goodson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2003
          Thank you

          "Col L. Byrd" <collbyrd@...> wrote:I was born and I will die a citizen of the Confederate States of America.

[...]