Something to get your danded up : (

  • kaej8
    Message 1 of 603 , Feb 3, 2001
      For some unexplained reason the Confederacy has
      become an <br>issue for some of the appointments of
      President George W. <br>Bush. Senator John Ashcroft praised
      the magazine "Southern <br>Partisan" for "defending"
      Confederacy saying, "Traditionalists <br>must do more. I've
      got to do more. We've got to do more. We've <br>all
      got to stand up and speak in this respect, or else
      we'll <br>be taught that these people were giving their
      lives, subscrib-<br>ing their sacred fortunes and their
      it is only fair to look at what these people who
      of <br>the day. Jefferson Davis, one of Senator
      Ashcroft's heroes, <br>decribed slavery as being "stamped
      from the beginning, marked <br>in degree and
      prophecy." This was a standard view of the time <br>that the
      institution of slavery was Gods will. This, in <br>itself, is
      a unique view of Christianity. <br><br>Davis, like
      most politicians, bent the facts to make that
      small <br>part of the people of the southern states."
      Oh, really? Well, <br>history records that
      African-Americans made up 55% of the <br>population of Davis' home
      state of Mississippi, 58% of South <br>Carolina and
      about one third of rest of the states. <br><br>The
      "Southern Partisan" chastises today's historians for not
      Mexicans <br>as "idle, worthless and vicious." Lee's
      comments on Native-<br>Americans are equally disgusting.
      "The whole race is extremely <br>uninteresting. They
      are not worth it." Why should we consider <br>anyone
      great who says the killing Indian is "...the only
      fact that Lee allowed his soldiers to butcher <br>and
      kill black soldiers who were surrendering but that is
      not <br>the half of it. At Fort Pillow, under the
      leadership Nathan <br>Bedford Forrest, troops actually
      crucified black prisoners <br>and then burned them alive.
      Where is the honor in that? For <br>those of you who do
      not believe me here is a passage from <br>Confederate
      major Michael Fellman from his book THE MAKING <br>OF
      ROBERT E. LEE. "Such slaughter I have not witnessed upon
      view of reconstructing, which occurred from the years
      system of <br>laws that would place political power of
      the country in the <br>hands of the Negro race." Part
      of the problem with race <br>relations in the United
      States is that our schools have <br>never dealt with the
      slavery question. They have never <br>viewed nor
      questioned slavery with the same type of rigor <br>that we
      find in their criticism's of the Nazi's and Stalin's
      more <br>than 20 million people died in the slave
      trade. People were <br>regularly whipped and beaten.
      Children were taken from their <br>families and husbands
      and wives were sold as commodities. The
      Making of Robert E. Lee, Michael Fellman<br> Lie My
      Teacher Told Me, James Loewen
    • rebel_pride_girlie
      Message 603 of 603 , Feb 27, 2002
        Hiya eagle.<br>I was born in North Carolina too.
        Cherry Point base but I moved away when I was like two
        or three. I will be in the Schenk job corps program
        in NC. Thats all I really know right now.I am at the
        Wolf Creek Job corps facility in Oregon right now. As
        soon as this fire season is over I should be relocated
        to NC. I really dont know much about the area where
        Im gonna be so anything you wanna tell me about will
        be a great help. I'd love to I.M. you but I cant on
        these PC's at Job Corps so if you want you can email me
        at CountryGrl@... or write to me here.