hi, new member here

  • aroha_man
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2005
      Born in Texas in 1957, and grew up with a hunger and desire to
      learn about the real history of my state, and our membership in
      the Confederacy. Was raised on it, folks.

      Would love to find others to talk about the Confederacy without it
      being about hate, or political propaganda spread by the
      conquerors after the fact.

      Relocated to Madison, WI 4 years ago and found there were
      Confederate prisoners of war burried here in a local cemetery.
      Reawakened my sentiments for Southern heritage and states
      rights, and my sense of myself as a Southerner, even living here.

      I had to explain to a woman I met online that not all Americans
      took being called "Yankee" as a good thing. And I when I went
      with my son on a school field trip to Veteran's Museum and we
      entered the section for the "Civil War" I was reminded of the
      different roots of my own heritage as I stood facing replicas of
      armed Union soldiers. Darn near gave me a flashback
      experience... left me chilled to my bones and had me prepared to
      pay my respects to the section of the cemetery where
      Confederate veterans lie buried far from home... it is called
      Confederate Rest.

      Would enjoy talking with others about locations of Confederates
      lain to rest far from home.

      Lou