Minimig core V2.0 has hardfile emulation!

  • Jens Schoenfeld
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 26, 2009
      Hi list,

      Tobias Gubener has done it again: A new port of
      Minimig is available from the download page of
      the official C-One website www.c64upgra.de/c-one
      . V2.0 is based on Jakub Bednarski's sources of
      september 2009. Features include:

      * emulation of four floppy drives (DF0: to DF3:)
      * emulation of two harddrives using two image files of up to 4GB each
      * FAT16 or FAT32 supported for the CF card
      * long filenames for ADF images allowed
      * max. memory 11.5MB: 2MB chipmem, 1.5MB
      slowmem and up to 8MB fast at the same time!
      * horizontal and vertical image interpolation in VGA 31kHz mode
      * scanline effect emulation like on Indivision flickerfixers

      While some of these features cannot be used on
      the original Minimig hardware at all, others are
      possible using Jakub's ARM board as a replacement
      for the PIC chip. However, Tobias' implementation
      uses a different approach: A second instance of
      the 68000 processor replaces the ARM processor.
      This makes the C-One with FPGA extender the
      best-equipped Minimig on the market!

      Kickstart roms and harddrive images must be
      placed in the root directory of the core. ADF
      files can be placed anywhere in subdirectories.

      If the core is launched from a subdirectory, a
      config file is being loaded from there. This
      configfile contains information about the memory
      layout, name of the Kickstart rom and names of
      the harddrive image files. ADF files must be
      attached during runtime through the OSD using the
      known key combinations. However, if files named
      DF0.ADF, DF1.ADF, DF2.ADF or DF3.ADF are found in
      the core directory, they are "inserted" by
      default (but can be ejected with hte OSD menu).
      If these files are not found, the computer will
      be launched with the virtual drives empty.

      Thanks, Tobias!

      --
      Jens Schönfeld
    • Dirk Verwiebe
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
        Thank you very much Tobias. The core works great for me with one exception.
        It seems in the OSD Menue that are virtually keys are pressed.
        After entering the chipset menue a few seconds later other menue were
        selected
        automaticly.

        Should a Harddisk conncted to the IDE port still work ?
        My CF Card conncted vi adapter doesn´t work anymore.

        Greetings
        Dirk

        Jens Schoenfeld schrieb:

        > Hi list,
        >
        > Tobias Gubener has done it again: A new port of
        > Minimig is available from the download page of
        > the official C-One website www.c64upgra.de/c-one
        > . V2.0 is based on Jakub Bednarski's sources of
        > september 2009. Features include:
        >
        > * emulation of four floppy drives (DF0: to DF3:)
        > * emulation of two harddrives using two image files of up to 4GB each
        > * FAT16 or FAT32 supported for the CF card
        > * long filenames for ADF images allowed
        > * max. memory 11.5MB: 2MB chipmem, 1.5MB
        > slowmem and up to 8MB fast at the same time!
        > * horizontal and vertical image interpolation in VGA 31kHz mode
        > * scanline effect emulation like on Indivision flickerfixers
        >
        > While some of these features cannot be used on
        > the original Minimig hardware at all, others are
        > possible using Jakub's ARM board as a replacement
        > for the PIC chip. However, Tobias' implementation
        > uses a different approach: A second instance of
        > the 68000 processor replaces the ARM processor.
        > This makes the C-One with FPGA extender the
        > best-equipped Minimig on the market!
        >
        > Kickstart roms and harddrive images must be
        > placed in the root directory of the core. ADF
        > files can be placed anywhere in subdirectories.
        >
        > If the core is launched from a subdirectory, a
        > config file is being loaded from there. This
        > configfile contains information about the memory
        > layout, name of the Kickstart rom and names of
        > the harddrive image files. ADF files must be
        > attached during runtime through the OSD using the
        > known key combinations. However, if files named
        > DF0.ADF, DF1.ADF, DF2.ADF or DF3.ADF are found in
        > the core directory, they are "inserted" by
        > default (but can be ejected with hte OSD menu).
        > If these files are not found, the computer will
        > be launched with the virtual drives empty.
        >
        > Thanks, Tobias!
        >
        > --
        > Jens Schönfeld

      • tobiflexx
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
          Hi Dirk,

          > Should a Harddisk conncted to the IDE port still work ?
          > My CF Card conncted vi adapter doesn´t work anymore.

          This Core is a new deveopment. It is based on the new Minimig/DE1 and not on the previous C-One Sources. Thats why some future are gone:-(
          Sorry!

          > It seems in the OSD Menue that are virtually keys are pressed.
          > After entering the chipset menue a few seconds later other menue
          > were selected automaticly.
          Hmm... Do you has connect a Joystick? Is it all the Time?

          Best
          TobiFlex

          > Jens Schoenfeld schrieb:
          > >
          > > Hi list,
          > >
          > > Tobias Gubener has done it again: A new port of
          > > Minimig is available from the download page of
          > > the official C-One website www.c64upgra.de/c-one
          > > . V2.0 is based on Jakub Bednarski's sources of
          > > september 2009. Features include:
          > >
          > > * emulation of four floppy drives (DF0: to DF3:)
          > > * emulation of two harddrives using two image files of up to 4GB each
          > > * FAT16 or FAT32 supported for the CF card
          > > * long filenames for ADF images allowed
          > > * max. memory 11.5MB: 2MB chipmem, 1.5MB
          > > slowmem and up to 8MB fast at the same time!
          > > * horizontal and vertical image interpolation in VGA 31kHz mode
          > > * scanline effect emulation like on Indivision flickerfixers
          > >
          > > While some of these features cannot be used on
          > > the original Minimig hardware at all, others are
          > > possible using Jakub's ARM board as a replacement
          > > for the PIC chip. However, Tobias' implementation
          > > uses a different approach: A second instance of
          > > the 68000 processor replaces the ARM processor.
          > > This makes the C-One with FPGA extender the
          > > best-equipped Minimig on the market!
          > >
          > > Kickstart roms and harddrive images must be
          > > placed in the root directory of the core. ADF
          > > files can be placed anywhere in subdirectories.
          > >
          > > If the core is launched from a subdirectory, a
          > > config file is being loaded from there. This
          > > configfile contains information about the memory
          > > layout, name of the Kickstart rom and names of
          > > the harddrive image files. ADF files must be
          > > attached during runtime through the OSD using the
          > > known key combinations. However, if files named
          > > DF0.ADF, DF1.ADF, DF2.ADF or DF3.ADF are found in
          > > the core directory, they are "inserted" by
          > > default (but can be ejected with hte OSD menu).
          > > If these files are not found, the computer will
          > > be launched with the virtual drives empty.
          > >
          > > Thanks, Tobias!
          > >
          > > --
          > > Jens Schönfeld

        • Dirk Verwiebe
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
            Hi Tobias,
            thanks a lot for your fast response.
            You´re right. The joystick has pressed the keys. Now the core works
            flawless as
            the DE1 version.
            The hardimage file form the De1 Minimig works also.
            Thank you very much for the fantastic cores.

            Dirk

            tobiflexx schrieb:

            > Hi Dirk,
            >
            > > Should a Harddisk conncted to the IDE port still work ?
            > > My CF Card conncted vi adapter doesn´t work anymore.
            > >

            > This Core is a new deveopment. It is based on the new Minimig/DE1 and
            > not on the previous C-One Sources. Thats why some future are gone:-(
            > Sorry!
            >
            > > It seems in the OSD Menue that are virtually keys are pressed.
            > > After entering the chipset menue a few seconds later other menue
            > > were selected automaticly.
            > Hmm... Do you has connect a Joystick? Is it all the Time?
            >
            > Best
            > TobiFlex
            >

            > > Jens Schoenfeld schrieb:
            > > >
            > > > Hi list,
            > > >
            > > > Tobias Gubener has done it again: A new port of
            > > > Minimig is available from the download page of
            > > > the official C-One website www.c64upgra.de/c-one
            > > > . V2.0 is based on Jakub Bednarski's sources of
            > > > september 2009. Features include:
            > > >
            > > > * emulation of four floppy drives (DF0: to DF3:)
            > > > * emulation of two harddrives using two image files of up to 4GB each
            > > > * FAT16 or FAT32 supported for the CF card
            > > > * long filenames for ADF images allowed
            > > > * max. memory 11.5MB: 2MB chipmem, 1.5MB
            > > > slowmem and up to 8MB fast at the same time!
            > > > * horizontal and vertical image interpolation in VGA 31kHz mode
            > > > * scanline effect emulation like on Indivision flickerfixers
            > > >
            > > > While some of these features cannot be used on
            > > > the original Minimig hardware at all, others are
            > > > possible using Jakub's ARM board as a replacement
            > > > for the PIC chip. However, Tobias' implementation
            > > > uses a different approach: A second instance of
            > > > the 68000 processor replaces the ARM processor.
            > > > This makes the C-One with FPGA extender the
            > > > best-equipped Minimig on the market!
            > > >
            > > > Kickstart roms and harddrive images must be
            > > > placed in the root directory of the core. ADF
            > > > files can be placed anywhere in subdirectories.
            > > >
            > > > If the core is launched from a subdirectory, a
            > > > config file is being loaded from there. This
            > > > configfile contains information about the memory
            > > > layout, name of the Kickstart rom and names of
            > > > the harddrive image files. ADF files must be
            > > > attached during runtime through the OSD using the
            > > > known key combinations. However, if files named
            > > > DF0.ADF, DF1.ADF, DF2.ADF or DF3.ADF are found in
            > > > the core directory, they are "inserted" by
            > > > default (but can be ejected with hte OSD menu).
            > > > If these files are not found, the computer will
            > > > be launched with the virtual drives empty.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks, Tobias!
            > > >
            > > > --
            > > > Jens Schönfeld

          • tobiflexx
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
              Hi Dirk,
              I'm happy to read this here.

              Best
              TobiFlex

              --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, Dirk Verwiebe <sp_rinter@...> wrote:

              > Hi Tobias,
              > thanks a lot for your fast response.
              > You´re right. The joystick has pressed the keys. Now the core works
              > flawless as
              > the DE1 version.
              > The hardimage file form the De1 Minimig works also.
              > Thank you very much for the fantastic cores.
              >
              > Dirk
              >

              > tobiflexx schrieb:
              > >
              > > Hi Dirk,
              > >
              > > > Should a Harddisk conncted to the IDE port still work ?
              > > > My CF Card conncted vi adapter doesn´t work anymore.
              > > >

              > > This Core is a new deveopment. It is based on the new Minimig/DE1 and
              > > not on the previous C-One Sources. Thats why some future are gone:-(
              > > Sorry!
              > >
              > > > It seems in the OSD Menue that are virtually keys are pressed.
              > > > After entering the chipset menue a few seconds later other menue
              > > > were selected automaticly.
              > > Hmm... Do you has connect a Joystick? Is it all the Time?
              > >
              > > Best
              > > TobiFlex

            • Alessandro
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 28, 2009
                Hi! Thank you very much Tobias for your great work!

                I have some troubles with the core: I added the new minimig core to my CF. I copied all the files in the archive and I added a kickstart 1.3 rom in the subdirectory "minimig" with the name "KICK.ROM".

                So, the directory structure is the following:

                CF_ROOT -> c1dcores -> minimig -> <all the core files> + KICK.ROM
                At the CF_ROOT level I copied also the extender.rbf file contained in the archive.

                BTW, when I start the core, it seems that the kickstart file cannot be found (Fatal error: 6).
                I tried to change the name of the file but it doesn't solve the issue.
                I tried also different versions of the kickstart (all working with the previous core).

                Someone can help me, please?

                Thank you in advance!
                Alessandro

                --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, Jens Schoenfeld <jens@...> wrote:

                > Hi list,
                >
                > Tobias Gubener has done it again: A new port of
                > Minimig is available from the download page of
                > the official C-One website www.c64upgra.de/c-one
                > . V2.0 is based on Jakub Bednarski's sources of
                > september 2009. Features include:
                >
                > * emulation of four floppy drives (DF0: to DF3:)
                > * emulation of two harddrives using two image files of up to 4GB each
                > * FAT16 or FAT32 supported for the CF card
                > * long filenames for ADF images allowed
                > * max. memory 11.5MB: 2MB chipmem, 1.5MB
                > slowmem and up to 8MB fast at the same time!
                > * horizontal and vertical image interpolation in VGA 31kHz mode
                > * scanline effect emulation like on Indivision flickerfixers
                >
                > While some of these features cannot be used on
                > the original Minimig hardware at all, others are
                > possible using Jakub's ARM board as a replacement
                > for the PIC chip. However, Tobias' implementation
                > uses a different approach: A second instance of
                > the 68000 processor replaces the ARM processor.
                > This makes the C-One with FPGA extender the
                > best-equipped Minimig on the market!
                >
                > Kickstart roms and harddrive images must be
                > placed in the root directory of the core. ADF
                > files can be placed anywhere in subdirectories.
                >
                > If the core is launched from a subdirectory, a
                > config file is being loaded from there. This
                > configfile contains information about the memory
                > layout, name of the Kickstart rom and names of
                > the harddrive image files. ADF files must be
                > attached during runtime through the OSD using the
                > known key combinations. However, if files named
                > DF0.ADF, DF1.ADF, DF2.ADF or DF3.ADF are found in
                > the core directory, they are "inserted" by
                > default (but can be ejected with hte OSD menu).
                > If these files are not found, the computer will
                > be launched with the virtual drives empty.
                >
                > Thanks, Tobias!
                >
                > --
                > Jens Schönfeld

              • Dirk Verwiebe
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 28, 2009
                  Hi,

                  you have to copy the kick.rom into the root of the CF.

                  Dirk
                  Alessandro schrieb:

                  > Hi! Thank you very much Tobias for your great work!
                  >
                  > I have some troubles with the core: I added the new minimig core to my
                  > CF. I copied all the files in the archive and I added a kickstart 1.3
                  > rom in the subdirectory "minimig" with the name "KICK.ROM".
                  >
                  > So, the directory structure is the following:
                  >
                  > CF_ROOT -> c1dcores -> minimig -> <all the core files> + KICK.ROM
                  > At the CF_ROOT level I copied also the extender.rbf file contained in
                  > the archive.
                  >
                  > BTW, when I start the core, it seems that the kickstart file cannot be
                  > found (Fatal error: 6).
                  > I tried to change the name of the file but it doesn't solve the issue.
                  > I tried also different versions of the kickstart (all working with the
                  > previous core).
                  >
                  > Someone can help me, please?
                  >
                  > Thank you in advance!
                  > Alessandro
                  >
                  > --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:cone_cores%40yahoogroups.com>, Jens Schoenfeld <jens@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi list,
                  > >
                  > > Tobias Gubener has done it again: A new port of
                  > > Minimig is available from the download page of
                  > > the official C-One website www.c64upgra.de/c-one
                  > > . V2.0 is based on Jakub Bednarski's sources of
                  > > september 2009. Features include:
                  > >
                  > > * emulation of four floppy drives (DF0: to DF3:)
                  > > * emulation of two harddrives using two image files of up to 4GB each
                  > > * FAT16 or FAT32 supported for the CF card
                  > > * long filenames for ADF images allowed
                  > > * max. memory 11.5MB: 2MB chipmem, 1.5MB
                  > > slowmem and up to 8MB fast at the same time!
                  > > * horizontal and vertical image interpolation in VGA 31kHz mode
                  > > * scanline effect emulation like on Indivision flickerfixers
                  > >
                  > > While some of these features cannot be used on
                  > > the original Minimig hardware at all, others are
                  > > possible using Jakub's ARM board as a replacement
                  > > for the PIC chip. However, Tobias' implementation
                  > > uses a different approach: A second instance of
                  > > the 68000 processor replaces the ARM processor.
                  > > This makes the C-One with FPGA extender the
                  > > best-equipped Minimig on the market!
                  > >
                  > > Kickstart roms and harddrive images must be
                  > > placed in the root directory of the core. ADF
                  > > files can be placed anywhere in subdirectories.
                  > >
                  > > If the core is launched from a subdirectory, a
                  > > config file is being loaded from there. This
                  > > configfile contains information about the memory
                  > > layout, name of the Kickstart rom and names of
                  > > the harddrive image files. ADF files must be
                  > > attached during runtime through the OSD using the
                  > > known key combinations. However, if files named
                  > > DF0.ADF, DF1.ADF, DF2.ADF or DF3.ADF are found in
                  > > the core directory, they are "inserted" by
                  > > default (but can be ejected with hte OSD menu).
                  > > If these files are not found, the computer will
                  > > be launched with the virtual drives empty.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks, Tobias!
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > > Jens Schönfeld

                • Alessandro
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 28, 2009
                    Thank you very much, now it works!

                    BTW, I'm experiencing the same "random key pressing" behavior in the OSD settings reported by Dirk before. This behaviour is present also without joysticks connected to the board.

                    If I try some game requiring the joystick, I have similar problems
                    in the game itself (i.e. random movement of the controlled character)

                  • G
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 30, 2009
                      I tried out your new core and it works fantastic, but i can't get a harddisk file to work. I got my 20 mb hdf file from Winuae. and put it in the root folder of the CFdisk. Then i set the Harddisk on the menu. I then reset the Amiga. Then nothing happens. I got a Workbench 1.3 in the diskdrive. It started up normaly and no Hardisk in the workbench. I even tried the cli and no harddisk.
                      Wath am I missing.
                      The Harddisk file does startup on winua, and has the .hdf after his name.
                      I tried it with 3 different Kickstart ROMs- the 1.3 amgiga 500- the 2.05 A600 HD - the 2.04 A500+
                      Hope i Hear from You,

                      Greetings Goos

                    • tobiflexx
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 30, 2009
                        Not all HDF Files will work with the Minimig. Format the HDF Image with the Minimig and it will working.
                        Also you need a Kick.rom with IDE support. Perhaps work the 2.05 A600 HD. Better is a 3.0 Version.

                        Best
                        TobiFlex

                        --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "G" <g.eijer@...> wrote:

                        > I tried out your new core and it works fantastic, but i can't get a harddisk file to work. I got my 20 mb hdf file from Winuae. and put it in the root folder of the CFdisk. Then i set the Harddisk on the menu. I then reset the Amiga. Then nothing happens. I got a Workbench 1.3 in the diskdrive. It started up normaly and no Hardisk in the workbench. I even tried the cli and no harddisk.
                        > Wath am I missing.
                        > The Harddisk file does startup on winua, and has the .hdf after his name.
                        > I tried it with 3 different Kickstart ROMs- the 1.3 amgiga 500- the 2.05 A600 HD - the 2.04 A500+
                        > Hope i Hear from You,
                        >
                        > Greetings Goos
                        >
                        > --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, Jens Schoenfeld <jens@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi list,
                        > >
                        > > Tobias Gubener has done it again: A new port of
                        > > Minimig is available from the download page of
                        > > the official C-One website www.c64upgra.de/c-one
                        > > . V2.0 is based on Jakub Bednarski's sources of
                        > > september 2009. Features include:
                        > >
                        > > * emulation of four floppy drives (DF0: to DF3:)
                        > > * emulation of two harddrives using two image files of up to 4GB each
                        > > * FAT16 or FAT32 supported for the CF card
                        > > * long filenames for ADF images allowed
                        > > * max. memory 11.5MB: 2MB chipmem, 1.5MB
                        > > slowmem and up to 8MB fast at the same time!
                        > > * horizontal and vertical image interpolation in VGA 31kHz mode
                        > > * scanline effect emulation like on Indivision flickerfixers
                        > >
                        > > While some of these features cannot be used on
                        > > the original Minimig hardware at all, others are
                        > > possible using Jakub's ARM board as a replacement
                        > > for the PIC chip. However, Tobias' implementation
                        > > uses a different approach: A second instance of
                        > > the 68000 processor replaces the ARM processor.
                        > > This makes the C-One with FPGA extender the
                        > > best-equipped Minimig on the market!
                        > >
                        > > Kickstart roms and harddrive images must be
                        > > placed in the root directory of the core. ADF
                        > > files can be placed anywhere in subdirectories.
                        > >
                        > > If the core is launched from a subdirectory, a
                        > > config file is being loaded from there. This
                        > > configfile contains information about the memory
                        > > layout, name of the Kickstart rom and names of
                        > > the harddrive image files. ADF files must be
                        > > attached during runtime through the OSD using the
                        > > known key combinations. However, if files named
                        > > DF0.ADF, DF1.ADF, DF2.ADF or DF3.ADF are found in
                        > > the core directory, they are "inserted" by
                        > > default (but can be ejected with hte OSD menu).
                        > > If these files are not found, the computer will
                        > > be launched with the virtual drives empty.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks, Tobias!
                        > >
                        > > --
                        > > Jens Schönfeld

                      • Alessandro
                        Message 11 of 25 , Dec 1, 2009
                          Hello! I upgraded the minimig core to v2.01. The problem with "random" keypresses in the OSD settings is completely resolved.

                          Doing some test I found out that:

                          1) The joysticks are not working correctly in the games (i.e.: swapped directions, fire mapped on right direction...)
                          2) The sound output is really at the lowest volume (i.e.: I can perceive there is the correct sound ouput, but rising the speakers volume to the maximum)

                          I don't know if I am the only one experiencing this issues; the old core on the other side runs perfectly (both joysticks perfectly mapped, perfect sound output).

                          Maybe I am doing something wrong..

                          Alessandro

                          Message 12 of 25 , Dec 1, 2009
                            Hello,

                            I tried a 2.05 KickROM and the only HDF image i could make. But nothing happens. I tried load WB 1.3 and in the CLI I mounted DH0: nothing happens.
                            Maybe it is something in the WB i must set. I don't know it. I only have a A500 with no HardDisk.

                            Goos

                            --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "tobiflexx" <t.gubener@...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > > > uses a different approach: A second instance of
                            > > > the 68000 processor replaces the ARM processor.
                            > > > This makes the C-One with FPGA extender the
                            > > > best-equipped Minimig on the market!
                            > > >
                            > > > Kickstart roms and harddrive images must be
                            > > > placed in the root directory of the core. ADF
                            > > > files can be placed anywhere in subdirectories.
                            > > >
                            > > > If the core is launched from a subdirectory, a
                            > > > config file is being loaded from there. This
                            > > > configfile contains information about the memory
                            > > > layout, name of the Kickstart rom and names of
                            > > > the harddrive image files. ADF files must be
                            > > > attached during runtime through the OSD using the
                            > > > known key combinations. However, if files named
                            > > > DF0.ADF, DF1.ADF, DF2.ADF or DF3.ADF are found in
                            > > > the core directory, they are "inserted" by
                            > > > default (but can be ejected with hte OSD menu).
                            > > > If these files are not found, the computer will
                            > > > be launched with the virtual drives empty.

                          • tobiflexx
                            Message 13 of 25 , Dec 1, 2009

                              > Doing some test I found out that:
                              >
                              > 1) The joysticks are not working correctly in the games (i.e.: > swapped directions, fire mapped on right direction...)

                              OK i will check this again.

                              > 2) The sound output is really at the lowest volume (i.e.: I can perceive there is the correct sound ouput, but rising the speakers volume to the maximum)

                              You must change the Jumper for the sound. Best way is the use of 4 Jumper. I will change the Sound output in the next release again.

                              Message 14 of 25 , Dec 1, 2009

                                > I tried a 2.05 KickROM and the only HDF image i could make. But nothing happens. I tried load WB 1.3 and in the CLI I mounted DH0: nothing happens.
                                > Maybe it is something in the WB i must set. I don't know it. I only have a A500 with no HardDisk.

                                Is the A600 Interface in the Settings enabled?

                                > Goos
                                >
                                > --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "tobiflexx" <t.gubener@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Not all HDF Files will work with the Minimig. Format the HDF Image with the Minimig and it will working.
                                > > Also you need a Kick.rom with IDE support. Perhaps work the 2.05 A600 HD. Better is a 3.0 Version.
                                > >
                                > > Best
                                > > TobiFlex
                                > >

                                > > --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "G" <g.eijer@> wrote:
                                > > >

                                > > > I tried out your new core and it works fantastic, but i can't get a harddisk file to work. I got my 20 mb hdf file from Winuae. and put it in the root folder of the CFdisk. Then i set the Harddisk on the menu. I then reset the Amiga. Then nothing happens. I got a Workbench 1.3 in the diskdrive. It started up normaly and no Hardisk in the workbench. I even tried the cli and no harddisk.
                                > > > Wath am I missing.
                                > > > The Harddisk file does startup on winua, and has the .hdf after his name.
                                > > > I tried it with 3 different Kickstart ROMs- the 1.3 amgiga 500- the 2.05 A600 HD - the 2.04 A500+
                                > > > Hope i Hear from You,
                                > > >
                                > > > Greetings Goos

                              • G
                                Message 15 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
                                  Yes the HarddiskFile is selected and enabled. I also tried A600 HD IDE on and off. Not working.
                                  I was thinking maybe it's a wrong HardDiskFile. I haven't got a minimig so I can't create one there. Maybe you could send me a working Hardiskfile. Say about 10 MB.

                                • tobiflexx
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
                                    --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "G" <g.eijer@...> wrote:

                                    > Yes the HarddiskFile is selected and enabled. I also tried A600 HD IDE on and off. Not working.

                                    Format the HDF Image with the C-One Minimig and it will work. Read the Amiga docs how you can do this, please.

                                  • G
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
                                      --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "tobiflexx" <t.gubener@...> wrote:

                                      > --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "G" <g.eijer@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Yes the HarddiskFile is selected and enabled. I also tried A600 HD IDE on and off. Not working.
                                      >
                                      > Format the HDF Image with the C-One Minimig and it will work. Read the Amiga docs how you can do this, please.
                                      >

                                      > > I was thinking maybe it's a wrong HardDiskFile. I haven't got a minimig so I can't create one there. Maybe you could send me a working Hardiskfile. Say about 10 MB.

                                      > > > Is the A600 Interface in the Settings enabled?

                                    • G
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
                                        Hello,

                                        I am getting now a PC0: drive in my Workbench 2.1. with Kickstart 2.05. If i click on Format in the system map then i get the PC0: with 720 kb if i click on format then after 2 more questions, a blue screen in my monitor it says *** ERROR ***
                                        Writetrack error code #22

                                        and a new window in the workbench that states couldn't format cilinder 0

                                        i am lost

                                        Goos
                                      • Jens Schoenfeld
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
                                          At 15:52 03.12.2009 +0000, you wrote:
                                          >Hello,
                                          >
                                          >I am getting now a PC0: drive in my Workbench 2.1. with Kickstart 2.05.

                                          That's not a harddrive or a hardfile, just another handle on the virtual df0:

                                          >If i click on Format in the system map then i
                                          >get the PC0: with 720 kb if i click on format
                                          >then after 2 more questions, a blue screen in my monitor it says *** ERROR ***
                                          > Writetrack error code #22

                                          This is expected behaviour. AFAIK, Minimig only
                                          supports ADF, but not MFM disks. You are
                                          essentially trying to format the workbench disk
                                          here, lucky that you didn't erase the ADF yet.

                                          >i am lost

                                          Ever heard of the program "HDToolbox"? It's on
                                          the "install" disk of the OS-disk bundle. Boot
                                          the "install" disk, not the "workbanch" disk.
                                          Start HDToolbox, and partition the virtual HD,
                                          this will ensure that there's a proper RDB in that file.

                                          ciao,
                                          --
                                          Jens Schönfeld
                                        • tobiflexx
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
                                            Hello,
                                            Please read this for your hardfile problem:

                                            http://www.minimig.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11&start=57
                                            (thanks boung4000)

                                            You cant mount PC floppy images. Only ADFs are supported.

                                            Best
                                            TobiFlex

                                            > I am getting now a PC0: drive in my Workbench 2.1. with Kickstart 2.05. If i click on Format in the system map then i get the PC0: with 720 kb if i click on format then after 2 more questions, a blue screen in my monitor it says *** ERROR ***
                                            > Writetrack error code #22
                                            >
                                            > and a new window in the workbench that states couldn't format cilinder 0
                                            >
                                            > i am lost
                                            >
                                            > Goos

                                          • G
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Dec 4, 2009
                                              Hello Tobiflex,

                                              I am not mounting a pc floppy image but a HDF file. I never had a harddrive and i was wondering if it needed some system file I never had. If I started with the system.hdf from Classic Workbench, nothing happened. If I started up with workbench 2.0 i get no Hardisk in the workbench. If I start from the workbench instal disk. I started in the HDTools the HDToolbox. Then I get a Window with in the top half of the window the text <driver not installed>. So i guess that i need a driver to work with a Harddisk.

                                              Greetings Goos.

                                              --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "tobiflexx" <t.gubener@...> wrote:

                                              > Hello,
                                              > Please read this for your hardfile problem:
                                              >
                                              > http://www.minimig.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11&start=57
                                              > (thanks boung4000)
                                              >
                                              > You cant mount PC floppy images. Only ADFs are supported.
                                              >
                                              > Best
                                              > TobiFlex
                                              >

                                              > > I am getting now a PC0: drive in my Workbench 2.1. with Kickstart 2.05. If i click on Format in the system map then i get the PC0: with 720 kb if i click on format then after 2 more questions, a blue screen in my monitor it says *** ERROR ***
                                              > > Writetrack error code #22
                                              > >
                                              > > and a new window in the workbench that states couldn't format cilinder 0
                                              > >
                                              > > i am lost
                                              > >
                                              > > Goos

                                            • tobiflexx
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Dec 4, 2009
                                                Hello Goos,
                                                you need another workbench and/or another kickstart.rom.
                                                I have never try a 2.0 Version with a HDD. Kickstart 2.05HD should work, but i can't tell nothing about the workbench 2.0.
                                                Better you upgrade to Version 3.0 or 3.1.

                                                Best TobiFlex

                                                > Hello Tobiflex,
                                                >
                                                > I am not mounting a pc floppy image but a HDF file. I never had a harddrive and i was wondering if it needed some system file I never had. If I started with the system.hdf from Classic Workbench, nothing happened. If I started up with workbench 2.0 i get no Hardisk in the workbench. If I start from the workbench instal disk. I started in the HDTools the HDToolbox. Then I get a Window with in the top half of the window the text <driver not installed>. So i guess that i need a driver to work with a Harddisk.
                                                >
                                                > Greetings Goos.
                                                >
                                                > --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "tobiflexx" <t.gubener@> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > Hello,
                                                > > Please read this for your hardfile problem:
                                                > >
                                                > > http://www.minimig.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11&start=57
                                                > > (thanks boung4000)
                                                > >
                                                > > You cant mount PC floppy images. Only ADFs are supported.
                                                > >
                                                > > Best
                                                > > TobiFlex
                                                > >

                                                > > > I am getting now a PC0: drive in my Workbench 2.1. with Kickstart 2.05. If i click on Format in the system map then i get the PC0: with 720 kb if i click on format then after 2 more questions, a blue screen in my monitor it says *** ERROR ***
                                                > > > Writetrack error code #22
                                                > > >
                                                > > > and a new window in the workbench that states couldn't format cilinder 0
                                                > > >
                                                > > > i am lost
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Goos

                                              • G
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Dec 5, 2009
                                                  Hello Tobiflex,

                                                  I think i must use de scsi.device in the devs folder and an mountlist where the harddisk is listed but i can't find it anywhere on the net.

                                                  Goos

                                                  --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "tobiflexx" <t.gubener@...> wrote:

                                                  > Hello Goos,
                                                  > you need another workbench and/or another kickstart.rom.
                                                  > I have never try a 2.0 Version with a HDD. Kickstart 2.05HD should work, but i can't tell nothing about the workbench 2.0.
                                                  > Better you upgrade to Version 3.0 or 3.1.
                                                  >
                                                  > Best TobiFlex
                                                  >

                                                  > > Hello Tobiflex,
                                                  > >
                                                  > > I am not mounting a pc floppy image but a HDF file. I never had a harddrive and i was wondering if it needed some system file I never had. If I started with the system.hdf from Classic Workbench, nothing happened. If I started up with workbench 2.0 i get no Hardisk in the workbench. If I start from the workbench instal disk. I started in the HDTools the HDToolbox. Then I get a Window with in the top half of the window the text <driver not installed>. So i guess that i need a driver to work with a Harddisk.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Greetings Goos.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "tobiflexx" <t.gubener@> wrote:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Hello,
                                                  > > > Please read this for your hardfile problem:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > http://www.minimig.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11&start=57
                                                  > > > (thanks boung4000)
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > You cant mount PC floppy images. Only ADFs are supported.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Best
                                                  > > > TobiFlex

                                                • Peter
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Dec 5, 2009
                                                    Hi Goos,

                                                    This mailing list is for questions about C-One cores and technical discussions about their development, release notes and reporting bugs.
                                                    I've followed this thread and it now starts to get lengthy about installing Amiga-OS and how to use the HDTool. This is not an Amiga support mailing-list. So I kindly ask you to take these type of questions elsewhere and not continue to ask them on this list.

                                                    Thanx,

                                                    Peter Wendrich
                                                    moderator of cone_cores
                                                    webmaster of syntiac.com

                                                    --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "G" <g.eijer@...> wrote:

                                                    > Hello Tobiflex,
                                                    >
                                                    > I think i must use de scsi.device in the devs folder and an mountlist where the harddisk is listed but i can't find it anywhere on the net.
                                                    >
                                                    > Goos
                                                    >

                                                    > --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "tobiflexx" <t.gubener@> wrote:
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Hello Goos,
                                                    > > you need another workbench and/or another kickstart.rom.
                                                    > > I have never try a 2.0 Version with a HDD. Kickstart 2.05HD should work, but i can't tell nothing about the workbench 2.0.
                                                    > > Better you upgrade to Version 3.0 or 3.1.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Best TobiFlex
                                                    > >

                                                    > > > Hello Tobiflex,
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > I am not mounting a pc floppy image but a HDF file. I never had a harddrive and i was wondering if it needed some system file I never had. If I started with the system.hdf from Classic Workbench, nothing happened. If I started up with workbench 2.0 i get no Hardisk in the workbench. If I start from the workbench instal disk. I started in the HDTools the HDToolbox. Then I get a Window with in the top half of the window the text <driver not installed>. So i guess that i need a driver to work with a Harddisk.
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Greetings Goos.

                                                  • Alessandro
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Mar 21, 2010
                                                      Hi all!

                                                      I don't know if this can help, but I've done some additional test on the new Minimig core (2.01).

                                                      First of all: changing the jumpers (as you suggested) the sound output is now perfect!

                                                      I noticed some timing problems with some games (for example Faerytale adventure, where the map scrolls incredibly fast).

                                                      I noticed an interesting thing, I think: when I start the old minimig core (1.x), I use it (using some ADF disks), then I power-cycle the C-One and I start the new minimig core, the issues with joysticks and timing are less visible.

                                                      I hope this can help! BTW, always thank you for the great work!

                                                      Alessandro