FPGA64 (028) and Newboot

  • marco
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 8, 2009
      Hello,

      Is there a way to use newboot and the latest FPGA (028)
      together without using the classic method ? Or does Peter
      have to release a newboot compatible version for that ?

      Gtx,
      Marco
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 9, 2009
        Hoi Marco,

        I did create a NewBoot version of FPGA-64 and sent it to Tobias for testing. I don't know if it is available for download somewhere.
        I will check if I still have it and put it on my own site if that helps.

        Peter

        --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "marco" <junkiens@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Is there a way to use newboot and the latest FPGA (028)
        > together without using the classic method ? Or does Peter
        > have to release a newboot compatible version for that ?
        >
        > Gtx,
        > Marco

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 9, 2009
          Hoi Marco,

          I've recompiled 0.28 for NewBoot. You can find it here:
          http://syntiac.com/c_one.html
          The file is called
          http://syntiac.com/zips/fpga64_028newboot.zip

          It contains everything you need to run fpga64 on NewBoot.

          L8r,
          Peter

          --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "marco" <junkiens@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Is there a way to use newboot and the latest FPGA (028)
          > together without using the classic method ? Or does Peter
          > have to release a newboot compatible version for that ?
          >
          > Gtx,
          > Marco

        • marco
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 9, 2009
            Thanks a lot !

            Groeten,
            Marco

            --- "Peter" <pwsoft@...> wrote:

            > Hoi Marco,
            >
            > I've recompiled 0.28 for NewBoot. You can find it here:
            > http://syntiac.com/c_one.html
            > The file is called
            > http://syntiac.com/zips/fpga64_028newboot.zip
            >
            > It contains everything you need to run fpga64 on NewBoot.
            >
            > L8r,
            > Peter
          • Andreas Micklei
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 10, 2009
              Of course a newboot CPC core would be nice as well. :-)

              Tobias?
            • marco
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 11, 2009
                The core runs very well, there is only no
                support for the directory listing of the
                CF-card via F8.
              • Peter
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 11, 2009
                  Marco,

                  Indeed. Finally the F8 can be used as alias for shift + F7 as it was supposed to do!

                  There will not be any CF card support added to the FPGA-64 core or any other changes/updates anymore. My focus is now on the Chameleon core. So much more FPGA space to play with on the extender board!

                  Peter

                  --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "marco" <junkiens@...> wrote:

                  > The core runs very well, there is only no
                  > support for the directory listing of the
                  > CF-card via F8.

                • TobiFlex
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 12, 2009
                    --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Micklei" <nurgle@...> wrote:

                    > Of course a newboot CPC core would be nice as well. :-)
                    >
                    > Tobias?

                    Yes! Currently I'm working on a very fast CPC-Core for the extender.
                    1. Clone Mode with 4 MHz Z80 Speed
                    2. Turbo Mode with 24 MHz Z80 Speed
                    3. WSG Mode with 60-80 MHz Z80 Speed (WSG=wahnsinnige Geschwindigkeit :-)
                  • TobiFlex
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 12, 2009
                      --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "marco" <junkiens@...> wrote:

                      > The core runs very well, there is only no
                      > support for the directory listing of the
                      > CF-card via F8.

                      The IEC-Emu in the classic BigBoot was very simple. It can only handle onefiler. But with the Newboot you can load onefiler very fast at the start of the C64 core. That why is the F8 Menue obsolete.

                      TobiFlex
                    • TobiFlex
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 12, 2009
                        --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "TobiFlex" <t.gubener@...> wrote:

                        > --- In cone_cores@yahoogroups.com, "marco" <junkiens@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > The core runs very well, there is only no
                        > > support for the directory listing of the
                        > > CF-card via F8.
                        > >
                        > The IEC-Emu in the classic BigBoot was very simple. It can only handle onefiler. But with the Newboot you can load onefiler very fast at the start of the C64 core. That why is the F8 Menue obsolete.
                        >
                        > TobiFlex

                        Perhapes I should rewrite the newboot onefile loader to load onefiler from a d64-Image? What do you think?
                      • Jens Schoenfeld
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 12, 2009
                          At 08:45 12.03.2009 +0000, TobiFlex wrote:

                          >Perhapes I should rewrite the newboot onefile
                          >loader to load onefiler from a d64-Image? What do you think?

                          That would be a parallel development and fairly
                          unnecessary if you ask me. Chameleon will have a
                          fully-featured 1541 floppy with CPU/VIAs and
                          rotating disc emulation (just like the 1541u), so
                          it'll work with speeders, trackloaders and so on.
                          Further, the MMC Replay Bios is currently
                          completely re-written in order to be portable to
                          the C-One (yes, that's a free MMC Replay for all
                          C-One owners!), and that supports FAT and D64

                          What you could do to support the MMC Replay BIOS
                          on the C-One would be to prepare block-access to
                          the CF card for the C64 core. Once that's solved,
                          the MMC Replay BIOS can be ported to the C-One.

                          ciao,
                          --
                          Jens Schönfeld