RE: [condom_collectors] Inappropriate postings

  • Ian Chaplin
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 25, 2003
      Hi D & G,
      Your welcome, hows the collection coming on these days?

      Ian
    • dandgtins@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 25, 2003
        Great, Ian!  Thanks. The collection is still on display at the "Museum of Sex."  They extended the exhibit until Feb 2004.  We recently found a "Beacon" condom tin which we'd never seen before.  Has a lighthouse on it.  Have you been finding tins for your collection?

        Cheers!

        Dennis & George
      • Ian Chaplin
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 25, 2003
          Not had any major finds recently. The beacon tin sounds interesting though. Im still trying to find old UK condom packets but they are very scarce over here (if anyone can help get in touch). Good news about the exhibition extending. Now im off to do some work on my web site (www.bigboycondoms.co.uk) as I have some new products to add. By the way did you know that Trojan have just entered the UK market for the very first time. I have been selling a couple of Trojan brands but I have to import them making them very expensive. I cant believe America's no1 condom company has taken so long to launch its products over here!
          Regards
          Ian
        • rome_vienna
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 7, 2005
            -
            I have ordered your book through Amazon.com and I expect it any day
            now here in Cape Town, South Africa.
            Do you know of the English condoms "Crepe de Chine" which came in tins
            of the usual three. (How did that magic number came about?)I suspect
            they are off the market now. I also collected "Hygex" condoms which
            came in three (Again) in a little blue jar with "preservative fluid".
            During my grade school days I heard of "Silkey" condoms, probably also
            from Britain. Have you heard about them? Maybe all this is answered in
            your book.
            Yours
            W.K.

          • dandgtins@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 7, 2005
              Dear WK:

              Thanks for your email and thanks for ordering our book.  Yes, we're familiar with the "Crepe De Chine" which we once sold.  I think it's very scarce as your's is the only other one we've ever heard of.  I remember it being aluminum. We mostly collect the colorful TIN condom containers with pretty graphics.  Have never heard of a "Silkey" condom tin.  We have a "Silk Skin" condom tin that is pictured in our book. (Love that name). Have never heard of the "Hygex".

              I'm not sure why the condoms always came in 3's.  That's a good question. Maybe the condom companies wanted the condom containers to be of the handy aspirin tin size which fit 3 condoms exactly.  Of maybe they were for week-end rendezvous -- one for Friday, one for Saturday and one for Sunday! (-:

              Enjoy the book!

              Cheers!

              Dennis & George