Condomerie - Amsterdam

  • bigboycondoms
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2002
      Hi chaps,
      Let me begin by saying welcome to all the new members who have
      joined since we started in February. I did not expect much response
      to this group but we have nearly thirty members already. I will try
      and post an update every month to let you know how my collection is
      getting on but anyone wishes to add their bit is more than welcome.
      We condom collectors are a rare breed so it would help us all to
      stay in touch.
      Ive just returned from a visit to Amsterdam and while I was there I
      visited the Condomerie. It is a small shop in the heart of Amsterdam
      city and sells the biggest range of condoms from around the world I
      have ever seen. The shop is run by Theodoor Van Boven and was
      established in 1987. If you are planning to visit Amsterdam I
      strongly recommend you give the Condomerie a visit. You will not be
      disappointed.
      While I was there I purchased a great book called "Remember your
      rubbers" and written by GK Elliott, G Goehring, & D O'Brien. It is
      printed by Schiffer books. The book is full of collectable condom
      tins with values, dates and other useful information. Being an
      American book it deals mainly with American condoms but I am sure
      you will find it useful where ever you live.
      If anyone out there has visited any unusual condom shops on their
      travels around the world I would love to hear about it here.
      Likewise I am always looking for new books and articles about
      condoms and related collectables.
      Happy collecting and keep me posted.
      Ian C