Update: North American League Economic history

  • alienpolitician
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2012
      Sorry i do not know how what i talked about could be "Bethisadified". I have changed "interstate" to domestic. I do not think to much detail about the native American's would be good, but if you think i'm missing some key details tell me what i could do to change it and you will have me working on it straight away. Considering NAL's history with the monarchy i'm not shocked that it has something to do with a central bank, maybe that could have been the cause of some economic problems, i remember reading that a recession happened in the early days of the 21st century in basic over veiw of the economy.

      --- In conculture@yahoogroups.com, "Benjamin" <bencarnehl@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >

      > > Banking and finance grew rapidly as the colonies began developing which would become the dominant school of thought of economic development, which further more evolved from the economic activity of the wealthy colonial businesses, formulating the backbone of its financial sector. One of the most crucial expressions of this new political orientation was the creation of an indigenous financial system; this was in part to keep independence from the tight European Banking cartel. Many Markets oversaw perks in the booming commercial investment, which rushed to the country inviting a lot of Capital into developing a strong economy, investments were made in new businesses, infrastructure; in transport of roads and railways. This commerce fueled an industrial revolution.
      >
      > I believe the NAL has a central Bank of North America. Does anyone know the story about that? Did the central bank have its political or ideological opponents like the Bank of the US *here*?
      >

      > > In the aftermath of this modernised economy an affluent, high-tech industrial society and highly productive middle and wealthy class, the NAL emerged, resembling other developed economies. The domestic commerce made it easier in its market-oriented economic system, pattern of production, and affluent living standards which even now continue to develop. Since both the World Wars, an impressive growth of the manufacturing, mining, and service sectors has transformed the nation from a largely rural agricultural based economy into one primarily industrial and urban, over the large market demand in the continental commerce in North America and mainly from Europe. An economic boom resonated the economy.
      > >

      > Some of the terms (state, World Wars) need to be Bethisadified, but otherwise this makes sense.
      >
      > > After the financial collapse of the banking system in 21st century Major Banks, however, emerged from the financial crisis of among one of the strongest in the world, owing to the financial sector's tradition of conservative lending practices and strong capitalization and trust in the system. In its role around the leading the world's economy with its vast imperial system of resources dominating the countries of Europe, and continues to grow its exports to Europe and around the world, however, the country also aims to develop its diverse energy resources while maintaining its commitment to the environment.
      > >

      > I know consensus back in 2008 was that IB's banks did _not_ collapse. I don't recall the exact reasons for that decision. It may be that _something_ happened that year, however.

    • Padraic Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 12, 2012
        --- On Thu, 4/12/12, alienpolitician <alienpolitician@...> wrote:

        > Sorry i do not know how what i talked about could be "Bethisadified".

        Until you get the hand of it, I shouldn't worry too much -- someone will
        inevitably work some gentle edits of your piece until it fits.

        The most obvious I saw was your reference to the World War era. Of course,
        there were no World Wars in IB -- there were two "Great Wars". That's all
        he means by bethisidification, the altering of keys words or phrases to
        fit the alternate reality.

        > I have changed "interstate" to domestic.

        Could also say "interprovincial".

        > I do not think to much detail about the native
        > American's would be good, but if you think i'm missing some
        > key details tell me what i could do to change it and you
        > will have me working on it straight away.

        Well, the Natives played (and continue to play) a much larger role in
        American life *there*. Their effect isn't just pre-colonial but continues
        right up into the present day. There are majority Native provinces for
        example, Native organs of government play key roles in how the NAL
        functions (see for ex. the Councilfire). I can't but imagine that this
        effect would trickle on over into the economic realm as well.

        > Considering NAL's history with the monarchy i'm not shocked that it has
        > something to do with a central bank, maybe that could have
        > been the cause of some economic problems, i remember reading
        > that a recession happened in the early days of the 21st
        > century in basic over veiw of the economy.

        It seems that banks in general are the cause of at least some economic woe.

        I know only that there was a rather widespread downturn in the 1980s or
        so, and that by the mid 1990s or early 2000s this had been turned around.

        Padraic