39599IB: Bona nov'ano! (was Sefdaania: Winter solstice greetings)

  • al_fishes
    Jan 3, 2014
      And a belated kaita hemsukam to you!  (I apologize, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put tildes over those vowels.)

      It has been a very long time since I posted, but I want to wish everyone here a bona nov'ano and share some of the additions to Parra and IB's Crimea in the last few months.  I daresay there hasn't been much happening in IB lately, but Parra's lexicon has been growing slowly.

      Just as importantly, one of the key pages on Crimea's website is finally finished: http://karnell.weebly.com/population.html gives descriptions of each of the groups that make up Crimea's complicated melting pot.  At final count the list stood at 27. Visit the page for complete descriptions, but I'll copy the introduction here.

      POBLU DE CIRIMA
      Peoples of Crimea
      "Bir Lant, Molto Poblu"

      Crimea's national identity and consciousness can be defined as a stew of peoples doing what they must to get along together. This page traces the origins, movements, and culture of the different ingredients of that stew, without losing sight of the fact that the "real Crimea" is seen not by looking at the different groups in isolation, but as a whole mixture.

      From a legal standpoint, all of these groups are recognized officially as "Communities," or Mileti. One's standing as a member of a Milet was extremely important during Crimea's authoritarian era (1946-1989). Since then, society has relaxed and become less fragmented, and it is easier, for example, to be counted in more than one Milet.  Each community is entitled to send at least one token member to parliament, though the many people of mixed backgrounds may only cast a vote for one.

      Mi desire per vos ano de ├žene fotuna!  I wish you all good fortune this year.
      - Ben
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic