Using Concordion to test a web application

  • raja chedli
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2011
      Hello,

      I start using Concordion, I need an example of using Concordion to test a web application especially an application JEE.
      If somoene can help me by giving me examples or links explaining me the approach.
      Thank you.

      Regards,
      Raja

    • Nigel Charman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2011
        Hi Raja

        Concordion is a "Test Runner" for executable specifications, in the same way that JUnit or TestNG are runners for unit tests.

        In order to test a web application through the user interface, you will need a "Test Driver" that can drive web applications, such as WebDriver (aka Selenium 2). (See [1] for further explanation).

        Before trying to use Concordion + WebDriver in combination, I would suggest running through the tutorials for each in isolation ([2] and [3]).  I would also recommend that you read up on the Page Object pattern [4].

        For an example, the Concordion Extensions sample project uses the Concordion + WebDriver combination for end-to-end browser testing. Download the concordion-extensions-demo zip file from the concordion-extension downloads page [5]. See the README.txt file in the download for instructions.

        I hope this helps :-)

        Nigel

        [1] http://tutansblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/what-types-of-application-can-i-test.html
        [2] http://concordion.org/Tutorial.html
        [3] http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/GettingStarted
        [4] http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/PageObjects
        [5] http://code.google.com/p/concordion-extensions/downloads/list

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011

          Thanks for the message Nigel, it was very useful for me.

          Raja