Re: [conan] A line in different languages...

  • cecilia
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 3, 2002
      --- Samuel Curtis <conanchristie@...> wrote:
      > I think most of us here know what is "shinjitsu ha
      > itsumo hitotsu!", or
      > "There is only one truth!"
      >
      > Can everybody write this line in your own language?
      > If your country have
      > Conan anime or manga, give the exact quote.
      >
      > Here in Hong Kong (encoded in Big 5 Chinese):
      > �u���u���@��
      > Its romanization in Cantonese: Jaun-laei ji yau yaut
      > gor

      In my languange, Indonesian, its gonna be like this:
      'Kapanpun, hanya ada satu kebenaran'
      hmm.. is it?
      I think my indo is getting worse and worse

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Summon Illusion
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 3, 2002
        How about we make a database where we can enter this?
        I wanna see this in latin... --;;
        --- cecilia <chaa26@...> wrote:

        > --- Samuel Curtis <conanchristie@...> wrote:
        > > I think most of us here know what is "shinjitsu ha
        > > itsumo hitotsu!", or
        > > "There is only one truth!"
        > >
        > > Can everybody write this line in your own
        > language?
        > > If your country have
        > > Conan anime or manga, give the exact quote.
        > >
        > > Here in Hong Kong (encoded in Big 5 Chinese):
        > > �u���u���@��
        > > Its romanization in Cantonese: Jaun-laei ji yau
        > yaut
        > > gor
        > >

        > In my languange, Indonesian, its gonna be like this:
        > 'Kapanpun, hanya ada satu kebenaran'
        > hmm.. is it?
        > I think my indo is getting worse and worse

        > http://taxes.yahoo.com/

        =====
        "You see, the concept of hope is very similar to faith. Both have blind beliefs, both believe in the impossible, and both allow the impossible to happen."
        "You must understand - creatures trust their own kind. Therefore, a human God is always a human form. So, another creature's God would be that creature's form."
        - Ethics of God
        AIM: summonillusion, ICQ: 108753005, MSN: kiw5@..., Yahoo: kiw5
        Illusion of ~Illusionary World~
        http://www.illusionaryworld.com/

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Trang Thu Nguyen
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 3, 2002

          VIETNAMESE for that will be: chi co mot su that duy nhat. And I'm pretty sure it's the exact thing since I'am a native 100%

          Look to this day!

          For it's life, the very life of life

          For yesterday is but a dream

          And tomorrow is only a vision

          But TODAY well-lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness,

          And every tomorrow a vision of hope...

          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 3, 2002
            Tell me where the accent marks are.

            --
            Samuel Curtis, Shinichian "shinri ha itsumo hitotsu!"

            May I just want is try to be my real self
            And let my little love hidden within
            May I let my heart to fly up far and high
            At the faster pace than the light
            That's always my destiny!
            (Last chorus of Conan's 5th ED, As like treading on the thin ice)

          • Hendra
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 4, 2002
              "cecilia" <chaa26@...> wrote:
              > --- Samuel Curtis <conanchristie@...> wrote:
              > > I think most of us here know what is "shinjitsu ha
              > > itsumo hitotsu!", or
              > > "There is only one truth!"
              >
              > In my languange, Indonesian, its gonna be like this:
              > 'Kapanpun, hanya ada satu kebenaran'
              > hmm.. is it?
              > I think my indo is getting worse and worse

              Kok pake "kapanpun"
              isn't it (literally translated form english) only "hanya ada satu kebenaran"

              ______
              Hendra
              http://absoluteconan.cjb.net
            • DagronRat@aol.com
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 4, 2002
                Here you go,
                      I don't know if anybody else has done the french version yet :)
                (And I guess my french is pretty okay since it's the language in which I study and my sister and I squabble in ^.^;;;)
                           "Il n'y a qu'une seule vérité..."
                Well, I think it's that haha :D
                ^^ Good luck if you really want to make a Database ^^

                DagronRat (Who might go back to lurking some more thank you :p I hate schoolwork >_<)
              • cecilia
                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 4, 2002
                  hmm actually when u translate from japanese
                  shinjitsu ha itsumo hitotsu
                  shintitsu means truth
                  itsumo means always
                  hitotsu means one
                  so.. always, 'selalu'
                  'kebenaran slalu hanya satu'
                  bener kan?

                  http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 4, 2002
                    As I know, there is a French version of manga... is that what they translated the line?

                    DagronRat@... wrote:

                     Here you go,
                          I don't know if anybody else has done the french version yet :)
                    (And I guess my french is pretty okay since it's the language in which I study and my sister and I squabble in ^.^;;;)
                               "Il n'y a qu'une seule vérité..."
                    Well, I think it's that haha :D
                    ^^ Good luck if you really want to make a Database ^^

                    DagronRat (Who might go back to lurking some more thank you :p I hate schoolwork >_<)

                    --
                    Samuel Curtis, Shinichian   "shinri ha itsumo hitotsu!"

                    May I just want is try to be my real self
                    And let my little love hidden within
                    May I let my heart to fly up far and high
                    At the faster pace than the light
                    That's always my destiny!
                    (Last chorus of Conan's 5th ED, As like treading on the thin ice)

                    Caritas Optimus Veritas
                      Love   Ideal   Truth

                  • omiyanogaijin
                    Message 9 of 25 , Apr 4, 2002
                      Using the translator on Babel fish --
                      http://babelfish.altavista.com
                      produces some really disappointing results.

                      In Japanese, it's "Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu."
                      In English, it's "There's always one truth."
                      We all know this. But this is what Babel fish said --

                      When translating Japanese to English, it said:
                      "Truth always one."

                      When translating English to Japanese:
                      "Hitotsu no shinjitsu ga tsune ni aru."

                      Here are other languages I don't know so I wonder
                      if they're correct:

                      English->French
                      Il y a toujours une vérité.

                      English->German
                      Es gibt immer eine Wahrheit.

                      English->Italian
                      Ci è sempre l' una verità.

                      English->Portuguese
                      Há sempre uma verdade.

                      ^_^
                      Lobato
                    • Summon Illusion
                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 4, 2002
                        All of those translator things are EXTREMELY
                        inaccurate. I would doubt them peresonally.

                        =====

                        Message 11 of 25 , Apr 5, 2002
                          "cecilia" <chaa26@...> wrote:
                          > hmm actually when u translate from japanese
                          > shinjitsu ha itsumo hitotsu
                          > shintitsu means truth
                          > itsumo means always
                          > hitotsu means one
                          > so.. always, 'selalu'
                          > 'kebenaran slalu hanya satu'
                          > bener kan?

                          hm.. I see....
                          so that will be "there is always one truth", eh?
                          bener juga...

                          ______
                          Hendra
                          http://absoluteconan.cjb.net
                        • jessica
                          Message 12 of 25 , Apr 5, 2002
                            > From: "Samuel Curtis" <conanchristie@...>
                            > I think most of us here know what is "shinjitsu ha itsumo hitotsu!", or
                            > "There is only one truth!"
                            >
                            > Can everybody write this line in your own language? If your country have
                            > Conan anime or manga, give the exact quote.

                            I never got to see any of the anime episodes or manga translated into
                            Spanish which have this line, and there may even be different versions
                            of it in the European and Mexican translations . . . But I would say it,
                            "Siempre hay una verdad." (siempre = always; hay = there is; una = one;
                            verdad = truth)

                            --jessica, who thinks this is a fun topic...
                          • Aichan
                            Message 13 of 25 , Apr 6, 2002
                              Hehe... don't worry, I'll take care of the spanish and catalan versions (as
                              soon as I can take a look at the anime again ^^U), promise!!

                              BTW, Jessica, did you read the private email I sent you?

                              Aichan

                              > I never got to see any of the anime episodes or manga translated into
                              > Spanish which have this line, and there may even be different versions
                              > of it in the European and Mexican translations . . . But I would say it,
                              > "Siempre hay una verdad." (siempre = always; hay = there is; una = one;
                              > verdad = truth)
                              >
                              > --jessica, who thinks this is a fun topic...

                            • Cherie Ponsuwanna
                              Message 14 of 25 , Apr 6, 2002
                                > I think most of us here know what is "shinjitsu ha itsumo hitotsu!", or
                                > "There is only one truth!"
                                >
                                > Can everybody write this line in your own language? If your country have
                                > Conan anime or manga, give the exact quote.

                                In Thai, it's...
                                encoded -- �����������������������������
                                romanize -- kwam jing(truth) yom(always) mi(there is) piang(only) niung(one)
                                diew(emphasizes "only" and "one")

                                Cherie
                                who loves to see Conan from around the world. ^_^

                                http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                              • magic_kaito_cl
                                Message 15 of 25 , Apr 7, 2002
                                  --- In conan@y..., "jessica" <apple@n...> wrote:
                                  > > From: "Samuel Curtis" <conanchristie@e...>
                                  > > I think most of us here know what is "shinjitsu ha itsumo
                                  hitotsu!", or
                                  > > "There is only one truth!"
                                  > >
                                  > > Can everybody write this line in your own language? If your
                                  country have
                                  > > Conan anime or manga, give the exact quote.
                                  >
                                  > I never got to see any of the anime episodes or manga translated
                                  into
                                  > Spanish which have this line, and there may even be different
                                  versions
                                  > of it in the European and Mexican translations . . . But I would
                                  say it,
                                  > "Siempre hay una verdad." (siempre = always; hay = there is; una =
                                  one;
                                  > verdad = truth)
                                  >
                                  > --jessica, who thinks this is a fun topic...

                                  I'm chilean and I have seen the mexican (I think) translation of the
                                  anime:
                                  They translated as ("La verdad siempre prevalece")
                                  In my opinion the translation is very poor because it means "The
                                  truth always prevails".

                                  I've also read the spanish manga and there (if I remember well) they
                                  translate as "Solo hay una verdad" ("There is only one truth")

                                  In my opinion, the best translations would be "Siempre hay una
                                  verdad" or "La verdad es siempre una sola" (Both of them means the
                                  same).

                                  See ya
                                  Jose Soto
                                  Magic_Kaito_cl
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Apr 8, 2002
                                    I don't actually know Latin, but if that line is in Latin I bet it would be
                                    "Veritas solus semper"?

                                    "La verdad siempre prevalece" is something like "Veritas vincit" or "Veritas
                                    omnia vincit"...

                                    Any more languages? (At least I need Korean... There is Korean Conan manga,
                                    to be sure...)

                                    --
                                    Samuel Curtis, Shinichian "shinri ha itsumo hitotsu!"

                                    May I just want is try to be my real self
                                    And let my little love hidden within
                                    May I let my heart to fly up far and high
                                    At the faster pace than the light
                                    That's always my destiny!
                                    (Last chorus of Conan's 5th ED, As like treading on the thin ice)

                                  • mireiagili80
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Apr 16, 2002
                                      I don't know if anyone has already translated "There's only one
                                      truth" to Catalan (it's a language spoken in the Eastern regions of
                                      Spain: Catalonia, Valencia and the Balearic Isles, as well as in some
                                      regions in the South of France), but at least in the Catalan version
                                      of the anime that line is "Només hi ha una veritat!". In the Spanish
                                      version of the manga the line is "Sólo hay una verdad". :)))
                                    • low kahzhoy
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Apr 19, 2002
                                        so can u teach me the spanish of 'secrets make a man man'?i have much more
                                        interest to knowit ..

                                        >From: "mireiagili80" <mireiaimarta@...>
                                        >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
                                        >Subject: [conan] Re: A line in different languages...
                                        >Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:05:40 -0000
                                        >
                                        >I don't know if anyone has already translated "There's only one
                                        >truth" to Catalan (it's a language spoken in the Eastern regions of
                                        >Spain: Catalonia, Valencia and the Balearic Isles, as well as in some
                                        >regions in the South of France), but at least in the Catalan version
                                        >of the anime that line is "Nom�s hi ha una veritat!". In the Spanish
                                        >version of the manga the line is "S�lo hay una verdad". :)))

                                      • Keiji
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jun 8, 2002
                                          Il giorno 4/3/02 5:20 AM, Samuel Curtis (conanchristie@...) scrisse

                                          > I think most of us here know what is "shinjitsu ha itsumo hitotsu!", or
                                          > "There is only one truth!"
                                          >
                                          > Can everybody write this line in your own language? If your country have
                                          > Conan anime or manga, give the exact quote.

                                          Italian

                                          true traduction:"La verità è sempre una"

                                          but in italy the tv is using the "La verità vine sempre a galla" (the true
                                          wents always out)
                                          --
                                          ._____________________________________.
                                          |MEITANTEI ______ __!¯¯!__ .--. __ |

                                          ---
                                          [Quipo ISP - Questa E-mail e' stata controllata dal programma Declude Virus]
                                          [Quipo ISP - This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]
                                        • Keiji
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jun 8, 2002
                                            Il giorno 4/5/02 2:45 AM, omiyanogaijin (omiyanogaijin@...) scrisse

                                            > English->Italian
                                            > Ci è sempre l' una verità.

                                            C'è sempre una verità
                                            --
                                            ._____________________________________.
                                            |MEITANTEI ______ __!¯¯!__ .--. __ |

                                            ---
                                            [Quipo ISP - Questa E-mail e' stata controllata dal programma Declude Virus]
                                            [Quipo ISP - This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]
                                          • Linda CHHIM
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jun 11, 2002
                                              Keiji wrote:

                                              > Il giorno 4/3/02 5:20 AM, Samuel Curtis (conanchristie@...) scrisse
                                              >
                                              > > I think most of us here know what is "shinjitsu ha itsumo hitotsu!", or
                                              > > "There is only one truth!"
                                              > >
                                              > > Can everybody write this line in your own language? If your country have
                                              > > Conan anime or manga, give the exact quote.
                                              >
                                              > Italian
                                              >
                                              > true traduction:"La verità è sempre una"
                                              >
                                              > but in italy the tv is using the "La verità vine sempre a galla" (the true
                                              > wents always out)
                                              > --
                                              French
                                              I`m going to confirm it later but i think it`s
                                              something like: "Il n`existe qu`une verite "
                                            • Marcy
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jun 11, 2002
                                                Here are two more I know
                                                1.German
                                                "Es gibt nur eine Wahrheit."
                                                2.Polish
                                                "Istnieje tylko jedna prawda."
                                                The one in German in used in the TV series, especially when Conan addes  a "and I am going to find it".
                                                But sometimes the sentence "there is only one truth" is replaced by "there is always one truth". "Es gibt immer eine Wahrheit."
                                                I don´t know much about the correct translation of the sentence in the Polish version. I even don´t know if
                                                a Polish version of the series or the mangas does exist, but I think it would be this one. It is the straight translation.

                                                > > I think most of us here know what is "shinjitsu ha itsumo hitotsu!", or
                                                > > "There is only one truth!"
                                                > >
                                                > > Can everybody write this line in your own language? If your country have
                                                > > Conan anime or manga, give the exact quote.
                                                >
                                                > Italian
                                                >
                                                > true traduction:"La verità è sempre una"
                                                >
                                                > but in italy the tv is using the "La verità vine sempre a galla" (the true
                                                > wents always out)
                                                > --
                                                French
                                                I`m going to confirm it later but i think it`s
                                                something like: "Il n`existe qu`une verite "

                                                Will You Find True Love?
                                                Will You Meet the One?
                                                Free Love Reading by phone!
                                                http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/cGIolB/TM
                                              • Nur Ain Mohammad Nasser
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jun 11, 2002
                                                  Well... in Malaysia, you don't see Conan in TV (you must seek the Video Shop to find the animated sire of Detective Conan). But we have translation on comics book (or Manga).

                                                  'There were only one Truth" = Hanya ada satu Kebenaran @ Kebenaran itu Hanya satu.

                                                  You can use it either one of its but both have same meaning.
                                                  That all I can help.