Re: [conan] Re: Moonlight Sonata Beethoven

  • Summon Illusion
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 2, 2002
      That's fine, as long as you don't FLAME US AGAIN
      (we're sorry already so don't you certain people
      linger on it! ;p).
      Let's see...it was...let me think
      "Arigatona, chiisana tantei"
      Dictionary up!
      Arigatona = thanks, thank you
      chiisana = the little
      tantei = detective
      Literally, "Thank you, little detective."
      Theoretically, "Thanks, kid detective."

      Hope that helps. And you there, don't throw rocks!
      --- pheebs_gu <pheebs_gu@...> wrote:
      > since everybody here is talking about the moonlight
      > sonata episode,
      > can oyu all help me with a question?
      > at the end of th episode, wat was the murderer's
      > last message? the
      > one the ran wanted conan to explain but he didn't.
      > i remember it started with something like :
      > arigatoma.....
      > but since i don't understand jap can someone plz
      > tell me

      =====

      White, the idealistic, creative side; Black, the practical, mechanical side...
      Ironic that 80% of the population is black when black is considered "evil".
      What color are you?
      ~Blue

      AIM: summonillusion, ICQ: 108753005, MSN: kiw5@..., Yahoo: kiw5
      Illusion of ~Illusionary World~
      http://www.illusionaryworld.com/

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Iman & Hibbah
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 2, 2002
        I think the message was "Arigatona chiisana tanteisan". I have been wondering about it's meaning too. My sisters asked what it meant after we watched it for the 1000's time (^_~) a few days ago, thinking that I should have picked up a few Japanese phrases from being in the group, lol. I just know the meaning of the last word though, it means "detective", right? So what does the rest mean?

        Hibbah
        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 2, 2002
          No, you're just an opposite type.
          Probably the reason why you dislike improvisation is
          because you use classical music. It's already to its
          highest point, it's most complication (contrary to
          something like jazz), and the goal is to its uttermost
          perfection to the translation. Classic music was made
          by accidental freak geniuses, and although I highly
          appreciate their music I am also saddened by them
          because of their unfortunate fate that almost always
          lingers due to the drastic genetical inbalance in
          specialties.

          I don't appoint on my goal being in that direction
          because genetically I am not appointed in that
          section.

          It's basically how the listeners are the readers, the
          writer is the creator (my appointed direction), and
          the "player" or more closely the translator? The
          conveyed emotion that REAL plays can show are
          extraordinary, brilliant. I can say my piano teacher
          is one of them, and by far the translating player
          lives up to its name, a language that anybody can
          understand is shown.

          As a creator, my duty is to create. I have a lot of
          goals, such as saving lives and natural shit like
          that, but probably what I have been enjoying the most
          is mix genres.
          See, mix genres is a difficult breed: They're
          relatively simple, they either sound really good or
          really bad. Unfortunately extreme but that can be used
          to its advantage of the person has the skill in order
          to use it correctly.
          What if a new genre is considered? That's definently
          one thing I'd like to do.

          I'll never be a player, I already know that. And don't
          think I've given up on playing, since creators MUST
          understand instruments to use them to their advantage
          (with the exception of nonexistant sounds, but those
          are a completely different library).
          But hey, entertaining is both of our goals. Then we're
          in the same section. Just opposites. We're both going
          foward.

          I find programs are extremely useful since I simply
          cannot afford to currently hire a highly skilled
          musician like you. So it is sufficient, since midi can
          be read.

          =====

          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 2, 2002
            I don't study classical, what general shape does
            Moonlight Sonata have? Considering slight variations
            of a part as the same.

            =====

          • Shinichi Holmes …s§@ºØ¥µ
            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 2, 2002
              Re: [conan] Re: Moonlight Sonata Beethoven Well, let's see (flips open his English-Japanese Dictionary)...

              If I'm not wrong, the phrase should mean: "Thank you, little detective." which is kinda same to what Hendra had said.

              Shinichi Holmes 新一摩斯 ")
              ICQ NO: 84619870

              ----------
              From: "Iman & Hibbah" <iman_hibbah@...>
              To: <conan@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Moonlight Sonata Beethoven
              Date: Wed, Jan 2, 2002, 5:32 PM

              I think the message was "Arigatona chiisana tanteisan". I have been wondering about it's meaning too. My sisters asked what it meant after we watched it for the 1000's time (^_~) a few days ago, thinking that I should have picked up a few Japanese phrases from being in the group, lol. I just know the meaning of the last word though, it means "detective", right? So what does the rest mean?

              Hibbah
              since everybody here is talking about the moonlight sonata episode,
              can oyu all help me with a question?
              at the end of th episode, wat was the murderer's last message? the
              one the ran wanted conan to explain but he didn't.
              i remember it started with something like : arigatoma.....
              but since i don't understand jap can someone plz tell me

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • mokanogaijin
              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 3, 2002

                http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/downloads/Beethoven/Moonlight.html

                > Members only, I have to pay if I want to see the full music sheet.
                sigh.
                > speaking of music sheet, anyone have the sheet for the first
                opening of
                > Conan?

                Did you check the three midi links I posted as well? They work
                fine. Not only that, those same three links are at the bottom of the
                blue box on that page I linked to. The second link is the same as
                the midi file posted previously...

                (^_^)/