Re: [conan] (Going OT) Song detailing Uehara Azumi - aoi aoi kono hoshini (Recent show credits song)

  • samuel dharma
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2002
      >From: Summon Illusion <kiw5@...>
      >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [conan] (Going OT) Song detailing Uehara Azumi - aoi aoi kono
      >hoshini (Recent show credits song)
      >Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:16:17 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >Oh, I meant that how you play it will vary depending
      >on the instrument and even then it would have many
      >different versions...
      >You never have? It's level 1 music theory...for
      >example, could you write a let's see... Fxdoubleo? In
      >theoretical writing.

      What's this "Fxdoubleo" by the way? An "F" note with the "x" in front?
      Anyway, I thought you want to see the "full score" for this particular
      improvisation (so to write) - and that should inflict no trouble at all!

      >Improvising's simple, just make something up that
      >sounds good right up on the spot. I've never studied
      >it since I've kinda have an, ah, natural feel for it.
      >Is it really alright with you to do something like
      >that? I know I would never accept that favor even if
      >someone asked me for it, it takes too long and I could
      >crank out 3 new full songs within the same time.

      You can't learn how to improvise anyway can you? Oh well, probably chords
      and the likes...Otherwise, it should not take long - just use ears and mind
      and give me some time to notate the music for you...in Finale format? (I
      believe you have one)

      >A lot of modern musicians use a lot of weird
      >chords&techniques now, anything from sound engineering
      >to make the sound sound like it's in a curled up ball
      >moving around your head to sticking nails between the
      >strings of a grand piano...or in more extreme cases
      >writing a song played by 6 metronomes to dropping 5
      >anvils on glass pieces 10 feet below...

      Yer' right! I saw a documentation on TV about the former (someone putting on
      pincers and the likes on the string of both a grand and an upright piano)
      and was amazed at their "creativity" - or rather, experiment? Unfortunately
      I was too small back then when I saw it - now I don't know how the sound
      differs...

      >But hey, any sound is music as long as the sounds are
      >INTENDED, like 4:33 which the pianist just sits in
      >front of the piano for 4:33 minutes which is the
      >actual sound (the song is actually the sounds the
      >audience makes; this means 4:33 is one of the rare
      >songs that sounds different each time its' preformed).
      >As long as people like it, that's all that matters.
      >If the progression doesn't make sense, try writing it
      >based on a different scale. Then again, some recent
      >songs the key signatures changes each MEASURE... - -

      BTW what's this 4:33? At first, I thought it is the time duration of a piece
      of music...anyway, people's taste in music is different (i.e. "Classicist"
      may say that Heavy Metal is just a noise while the "Metallists" may say that
      Classical music is boring => for the retarded and pensioners)

    • Summon Illusion
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2002
        Ok, I like answering stuff on top of the original
        message, so just tell me if I accidently skipped
        something.Fxdoubleo is simply...
        x = double sharp (you see it A LOT in theory)
        o = diminished (most guitar players probably have seen
        this before)
        So, that would be what note is F ## double diminished?
        By the awy, I'm considering the answer default to be
        the perfect prime.

        Finale, well, I used to have an illegal copy of it, so
        I just have to ask a friend for the code again.
        I find that anybody can improvise, just some people is
        just a simple following of scales, others by ear or by
        intuition, but it's simply separated into 2 sections:
        The ones that sound really bad and the ones that sound
        really good.
        I tend to like a lot of that new stuff, again it's
        separated into the terrible and nice-sounding. 4:33 IS
        the name of the song, the audience is the instruments.

        Yeah well, everybody's like that. As long as someone
        favors something they're disfavor something else,
        common mechanics of humans.
> [...]
        > >INTENDED, like 4:33 which the pianist just sits in
        > >front of the piano for 4:33 minutes which is the
        > >actual sound (the song is actually the sounds the
        > >audience makes; this means 4:33 is one of the rare
        > >songs that sounds different each time its'
        > preformed).
        > >As long as people like it, that's all that matters.
        > >If the progression doesn't make sense, try writing
        > it
        > >based on a different scale. Then again, some recent
        > >songs the key signatures changes each MEASURE... -
        > -
        >
        > BTW what's this 4:33? At first, I thought it is the
        > time duration of a piece
        > of music...anyway, people's taste in music is
        > different (i.e. "Classicist"
        > may say that Heavy Metal is just a noise while the
        > "Metallists" may say that
        > Classical music is boring => for the retarded and

        =====

        White, the idealistic, creative side; Black, the practical, mechanical side...
        Ironic that 80% of the population is black when black is considered "evil".
        What color are you?
        ~Blue

        AIM: summonillusion, ICQ: 108753005, MSN: kiw5@..., Yahoo: kiw5
        Illusion of ~Illusionary World~