Re: [conan] Kid, Kaito Kuraba, Magic Kaito, etc.

  • StarTwinRini6666@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 31, 2001
      That's odd. Why would they cut that? That's one of the most important parts of Kaito KID. There's really no mystery if they just call him KID, that's great and it's over with.
    • Summon Illusion
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 31, 2001
        They cut it? Why?

        Well, let's see, Magic Kaito is the name of his
        series, Kid the Thief is a simple translation of Kaito
        Kid, and Kuroba is his real name. Does that clean
        things up?
        By the way, are you male or female?

        --- Eon Strife <eon_strife@...> wrote:
        > I wonder, what's difference between Kid the Thief,
        > Magic Kaito, Kaito Kuraba, etc. (and other terms
        > related with Kid)
        >
        > And, is there anyone watching Conan today on
        > Indosiar
        > ?
        > It looks like Indosiar always avoids "Kid"
        > mentioned,
        > they always said "Mysterious Thief". And, when Agasa
        > will tell Conan how "1412" can form "Kid" word,
        > Indosiar cut it...
        >
        > =====

        O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
        > I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--.
        > __ I
        > : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__::
        > : :
        > I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----'
        > : I
        > : `-----------------------/______//______/
        > /_______/ :
        > I "There's only one truth"

        0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O

        =====

        White, the idealistic, creative side; Black, the practical, mechanical side...
        Ironic that 80% of the population is black when black is considered "evil".
        What color are you?
        ~Blue

        AIM: summonillusion, ICQ: 108753005, MSN: kiw5@..., Yahoo: kiw5
        Illusion of ~Illusionary World~
        http://www.illusionaryworld.com/

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • Cherie Ponsuwanna
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 1, 2002
          > I wonder, what's difference between Kid the Thief,
          > Magic Kaito, Kaito Kuraba, etc. (and other terms
          > related with Kid)

          Kaitou Kid, or as translated into Kid the Thief
          (Kaitou = Thief), is what we and everyone call him.

          Kaito KUROBA - His real identity. His name "Kaito" is
          meant to match the word "Kaitou." Noted that "Kuro" in
          his surname means black, and later in the series he
          got the rival detective with word "white" in his name.
          Interesting way to name the character, ne?
          Aoyama-sensei? ^_^

          Magic Kaito - The name of his own series.

          In conclusion, Conan would call this mysterious theif
          "Kaitou Kid" because he doesn't know that this guy's
          real identity is Kaito KUROBA, but he wouldn't call
          him "Magic Kaito." It is only us the fan who would.

          Cherie

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • Eon Strife
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 1, 2002
            --- Summon Illusion <kiw5@...> wrote: > They
            cut it? Why?

            I dunno.
            But, today in the 2nd part, they called him as
            "Mysterious Thief KAIDE". Kaide = Kid ???

            > Well, let's see, Magic Kaito is the name of his
            > series, Kid the Thief is a simple translation of
            > Kaito
            > Kid, and Kuroba is his real name. Does that clean
            > things up?
            > By the way, are you male or female?

            Thanks for clearing up.
            I heard that Magic Kaito series is about finding
            Kuraba's father murderer, and now we have Hakuba also
            from Magic series, it will be nice if Conan can help
            Kuraba in finding his father's murderer. And, does
            Hakuba know Conan's real identity ?
            I'm male, and how about you?

            (BTW, I can play piano a little, I had studied it for
            4 years (out of 12 years), then stopped for some
            reasons. I studied the classic style. How about you ?
            What's your music background ? )

            =====
            O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
            I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ I
            : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: : :
            I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' : I
            : `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/ :
            I "There's only one truth" I
            0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
          • kangtalvr
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 1, 2002
              A nice way to remember the rightful way of saying Kaitou's last name -
              Kuroba = Clover. Even though Kuro = black, I heard that his name is
              actually supposed to be a play on the English word "Clover".

            • Shinichi Holmes …s§@ºØ¥µ
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 1, 2002
                Re: [conan] Re: Kid, Kaito Kuraba, Magic Kaito, etc.
                Hmm... I don't think Hakuba knows Conan's real identity. Since he has only
                appeared once in the Conan manga(IIRC). However, he seems to have a slight
                idea on Kid's real identity.

                And as for Conan finding the murderer... well, I'd say its a slim chance,
                since Kid's identity would be revealed if Conan were to help find the
                murderer (since Kaito's father was the former Kaitou Kid).

                Hope that helps. ^^

                Shinichi Holmes ???? ")
                ICQ NO: 84619870

                >--- In conan@y..., Eon Strife <eon_strife@y...> wrote:
                >Thanks for clearing up.
                >I heard that Magic Kaito series is about finding
                >Kuraba's father murderer, and now we have Hakuba also
                >from Magic series, it will be nice if Conan can help
                >Kuraba in finding his father's murderer. And, does
                >Hakuba know Conan's real identity ?

                >=====
                >O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                >I       DETECTIVE CONAN      ______  ___.~~.__ .--. __  I
                >:  .------------------------:___   \:___    __::__::  : :
                >I <  eon_strife@...   ____:  :.---'  :  .----'  : I
                >:  `-----------------------/______//______/  /_______/  :
                >I "There's only one truth"                              I
                >0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
              • Summon Illusion
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                  That's kinda interesting...now where did you hear
                  that? Because by high possibility some fan made it up
                  but if it's from an official source there's a pretty
                  high chance it's real...

                  Oh, and for the non-japanese people (since you guys
                  all came after our BLOOD, and mokanogaijin we DID stop
                  immidiately after we were told :P), here's why it
                  would be.

                  Oh yeah, and Kuro = black ba = wings. That's pretty
                  obvious, but black as in night, wing as in flying. You
                  guys probably all understand that. Wasn't that other
                  guy's name Hakuba? Haku means white.

                  Now, off to the clover thing. First, we have to
                  understand that in japanese, all the letters are
                  either combinations of constants and vowels or "n".
                  So, incidentally with the exception of n every vowel
                  must have a constant in front of it. Some of you might
                  argue against tis saying stuff like "sho", but sho is
                  considered "syo" as well, which would be spelled with
                  "si" and a small "yo" hereby following the rule.
                  So, clover would be distorted to culo-vua-. Now, the
                  va sound can only be spelled with a u" with a small a,
                  but most foreign words are too annoying to pronounce
                  like that, so it's translated into the closest
                  letters, "ba". A lot easier to spell one letter than
                  one rarely used letter symbol combination and a small
                  "a", ne?

                  Therefore, now it's culo-ba-. Now, the c is turned k
                  since c is a variable letter therefore translated
                  automatically to s or k. So now it's kulo-ba-. l and r
                  are the same letters, in japanese it's often
                  pronounced as one, the other, or even both combined
                  depending on the word. Therefore, it'll be translated
                  to, by default, kuro-ba-. Now, remove the letter
                  extensions and you get...kuroba! Funny that it's so
                  hard to explain something that would just be "oh,
                  that's true" to someone fluent to the language. But
                  then again, imagine doing that with english in another
                  language, UGH!

                  Anyways, hope that uesless information helps you Conan
                  fans.

                  --- kangtalvr <kangtalvr@...> wrote:
                  > A nice way to remember the rightful way of saying
                  > Kaitou's last name -
                  > Kuroba = Clover. Even though Kuro = black, I heard
                  > that his name is
                  > actually supposed to be a play on the English word
                  > "Clover".
                  >
                  > --- In conan@y..., Eon Strife <eon_strife@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > I wonder, what's difference between Kid the Thief,
                  > > Magic Kaito, Kaito Kuraba, etc. (and other terms
                  > > related with Kid)
                  > >
                  > > And, is there anyone watching Conan today on
                  > Indosiar
                  > > ?
                  > > It looks like Indosiar always avoids "Kid"
                  > mentioned,
                  > > they always said "Mysterious Thief". And, when
                  > Agasa
                  > > will tell Conan how "1412" can form "Kid" word,
                  > > Indosiar cut it...
                  > >
                  > > =====

                  O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                  > > I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__
                  > .--. __ I
                  > > : .------------------------:___ \:___
                  > __::__:: : :
                  > > I < eon_strife@y... ____: :.---' : .----' :
                  > > : `-----------------------/______//______/
                  > /_______/ :
                  > > I "There's only one truth"

                  0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                    Let's see, first off, I'm male, although I'm mistaken
                    a lot for a girl, sometimes in real life as well,
                    funny isn't it?

                    Let's see...my music background?
                    Played...7 years guitar total now although I've been
                    kinda lingering for a while now due to stress
                    reasons...
                    Piano...5 years now, although again same thing.
                    Composed for about...started midi around 8 months ago
                    and I'm learning the wonderful world of plugins and
                    pitchshifting FINALLY, so mp3s! ^^
                    Improvisation...since I've started, all my teachers
                    have said I'm like exceptionally "talented" at soloing
                    on a chord progression, I suppose that representation
                    is shown within my speed of advancement in my
                    compositions.
                    I suppose I should list this as part of the experience
                    since it is...
                    First, you must understand that I am a believer of
                    many things, I am religious but I have no religion...
                    My compositions were attached to one person. I suppose
                    that is because he could divine many people's talents,
                    tell the difference between experience-based and
                    talen-based offerings...

                    --- Eon Strife <eon_strife@...> wrote:
                    > --- Summon Illusion <kiw5@...> wrote: > They
                    > cut it? Why?
                    > >

                    > I dunno.
                    > But, today in the 2nd part, they called him as
                    > "Mysterious Thief KAIDE". Kaide = Kid ???
                    >
                    > > Well, let's see, Magic Kaito is the name of his
                    > > series, Kid the Thief is a simple translation of
                    > > Kaito
                    > > Kid, and Kuroba is his real name. Does that clean
                    > > things up?
                    > > By the way, are you male or female?
                    >
                    > Thanks for clearing up.
                    > I heard that Magic Kaito series is about finding
                    > Kuraba's father murderer, and now we have Hakuba
                    > also
                    > from Magic series, it will be nice if Conan can help
                    > Kuraba in finding his father's murderer. And, does
                    > Hakuba know Conan's real identity ?
                    > I'm male, and how about you?
                    >
                    > (BTW, I can play piano a little, I had studied it
                    > for
                    > 4 years (out of 12 years), then stopped for some
                    > reasons. I studied the classic style. How about you
                    > ?
                    > What's your music background ? )
                    >
                    > =====

                    O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                    > I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--.
                    > __ I
                    > : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__::
                    > : :
                    > I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----'
                    > : I
                    > : `-----------------------/______//______/
                    > /_______/ :
                    > I "There's only one truth"

                    0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O

                    =====

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                      I accidently sent the last message, and then my
                      browser RELOADED (agh) while in the middle of it, can
                      you send me a clean copy back to me to finish and
                      actually send? PLEASE make sure you don't send a cop
                      with nasty arrows next to it...a clean copy like this
                      please! onegaine!
                      --- Eon Strife <eon_strife@...> wrote:
                      > --- Summon Illusion <kiw5@...> wrote: > They
                      > cut it? Why?
                      > >

                      > I dunno.
                      > But, today in the 2nd part, they called him as
                      > "Mysterious Thief KAIDE". Kaide = Kid ???
                      >
                      > > Well, let's see, Magic Kaito is the name of his
                      > > series, Kid the Thief is a simple translation of
                      > > Kaito
                      > > Kid, and Kuroba is his real name. Does that clean
                      > > things up?
                      > > By the way, are you male or female?
                      >
                      > Thanks for clearing up.
                      > I heard that Magic Kaito series is about finding
                      > Kuraba's father murderer, and now we have Hakuba
                      > also
                      > from Magic series, it will be nice if Conan can help
                      > Kuraba in finding his father's murderer. And, does
                      > Hakuba know Conan's real identity ?
                      > I'm male, and how about you?
                      >
                      > (BTW, I can play piano a little, I had studied it
                      > for
                      > 4 years (out of 12 years), then stopped for some
                      > reasons. I studied the classic style. How about you
                      > ?
                      > What's your music background ? )
                      >
                      > =====

                      O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                      > I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--.
                      > __ I
                      > : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__::
                      > : :
                      > I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----'
                      > : I
                      > : `-----------------------/______//______/
                      > /_______/ :
                      > I "There's only one truth"

                      0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O

                      =====

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                        oh, thanks (to you and everyone who clears me about
                        Kid)
                        at least, i hope for miracle like this happen (Conan
                        helps Kid), because I hear that currently Conan is
                        getting boring
                        oh, yeah, more about Kid. someone posted months ago,
                        about Shinichi (Not Conan) and Kid story in that clock
                        tower (if I'm not wrong). If Shinichi has met Kid
                        before (in this clock tower story), then why in Conan
                        Vs Kid(in Black Star Story), Conan acts like he never
                        met or haven't known Kid before ?

                        --- Shinichi Holmes …s§@ºØ¥µ
                        <holmes86@...> wrote: >
                        > Hmm... I don't think Hakuba knows Conan's real
                        > identity. Since he has only
                        > appeared once in the Conan manga(IIRC). However, he
                        > seems to have a slight
                        > idea on Kid's real identity.
                        >
                        > And as for Conan finding the murderer... well, I'd
                        > say its a slim chance,
                        > since Kid's identity would be revealed if Conan were
                        > to help find the
                        > murderer (since Kaito's father was the former Kaitou
                        > Kid).
                        >
                        > Hope that helps. ^^
                        >

                        > Shinichi Holmes ???? ")
                        > ICQ NO: 84619870
                        >
                        > >--- In conan@y..., Eon Strife <eon_strife@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >Thanks for clearing up.
                        > >I heard that Magic Kaito series is about finding
                        > >Kuraba's father murderer, and now we have Hakuba
                        > also
                        > >from Magic series, it will be nice if Conan can
                        > help
                        > >Kuraba in finding his father's murderer. And, does
                        > >Hakuba know Conan's real identity ?
                        >
                        > >=====
                        >
                        >O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                        > >I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--.
                        > __ I
                        > >: .------------------------:___ \:___
                        > __::__:: : :
                        > >I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' :
                        > .----' : I
                        > >: `-----------------------/______//______/
                        > /_______/ :
                        > >I "There's only one truth"
                        >
                        >0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O

                        =====
                        O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                        I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ I
                        : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: : :
                        I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' : I
                        : `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/ :
                        I "There's only one truth" I
                        0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                      • Ma Hei Fung
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                          Just curious, could it be that the Kid story was written earlier and at that time, the author did not expect Kid to be so popular. When the introduction of Kid proved to be a good decision, more plots were written and so they made as if Shinichi already met Kid before...I just suspect this to be the case

                          ~~~ * Kumatenshi a.k.a. Bakaneko! * ~~~
                          http://www.nekoanime.net
                          ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                          To think of only one person,
                          Only those
                          Who have suffered heartache,
                          Can do it.

                          From Clamp's X
                          ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                          > oh, thanks (to you and everyone who clears me about
                          > Kid)
                          > at least, i hope for miracle like this happen (Conan
                          > helps Kid), because I hear that currently Conan is
                          > getting boring
                          > oh, yeah, more about Kid. someone posted months ago,
                          > about Shinichi (Not Conan) and Kid story in that clock
                          > tower (if I'm not wrong). If Shinichi has met Kid
                          > before (in this clock tower story), then why in Conan
                          > Vs Kid(in Black Star Story), Conan acts like he never
                          > met or haven't known Kid before ?
                          >
                          > --- Shinichi Holmes .s§@ºØ¥µ
                          > <holmes86@...> wrote: >
                          > > Hmm... I don't think Hakuba knows Conan's real
                          > > identity. Since he has only
                          > > appeared once in the Conan manga(IIRC). However, he
                          > > seems to have a slight
                          > > idea on Kid's real identity.
                          > >
                          > > And as for Conan finding the murderer... well, I'd
                          > > say its a slim chance,
                          > > since Kid's identity would be revealed if Conan were
                          > > to help find the
                          > > murderer (since Kaito's father was the former Kaitou
                          > > Kid).
                          > >
                          > > Hope that helps. ^^
                          > >

                          > > Shinichi Holmes ???? ")
                          > > ICQ NO: 84619870
                          > >
                          > > >--- In conan@y..., Eon Strife <eon_strife@y...>
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >Thanks for clearing up.
                          > > >I heard that Magic Kaito series is about finding
                          > > >Kuraba's father murderer, and now we have Hakuba
                          > > also
                          > > >from Magic series, it will be nice if Conan can
                          > > help
                          > > >Kuraba in finding his father's murderer. And, does
                          > > >Hakuba know Conan's real identity ?
                          > >
                          > > >=====
                          > >
                          > >O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                          > > >I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--.
                          > > __ I
                          > > >: .------------------------:___ \:___
                          > > __::__:: : :
                          > > >I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' :
                          > > .----' : I
                          > > >: `-----------------------/______//______/
                          > > /_______/ :
                          > > >I "There's only one truth"
                          > >
                          > >0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                          > >

                          > =====
                          > O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                          > I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ I
                          > : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: : :
                          > I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' : I
                          > : `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/ :
                          > I "There's only one truth" I
                          > 0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O

                        • Summon Illusion
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                            Wait, is this clock story a fanfic? Because if it is,
                            most likely the author just didn't think that far
                            about it. I suppose you could consider it the future,
                            but it's a fanFIC so the author can pretty much do
                            anything they want...
                            --- Eon Strife <eon_strife@...> wrote:
                            > oh, thanks (to you and everyone who clears me about
                            > Kid)
                            > at least, i hope for miracle like this happen (Conan
                            > helps Kid), because I hear that currently Conan is
                            > getting boring
                            > oh, yeah, more about Kid. someone posted months ago,
                            > about Shinichi (Not Conan) and Kid story in that
                            > clock
                            > tower (if I'm not wrong). If Shinichi has met Kid
                            > before (in this clock tower story), then why in
                            > Conan
                            > Vs Kid(in Black Star Story), Conan acts like he
                            > never
                            > met or haven't known Kid before ?
                            >
                            > --- Shinichi Holmes �E�@����
                            > <holmes86@...> wrote: >
                            > > Hmm... I don't think Hakuba knows Conan's real
                            > > identity. Since he has only
                            > > appeared once in the Conan manga(IIRC). However,
                            > he
                            > > seems to have a slight
                            > > idea on Kid's real identity.
                            > >
                            > > And as for Conan finding the murderer... well, I'd
                            > > say its a slim chance,
                            > > since Kid's identity would be revealed if Conan
                            > were
                            > > to help find the
                            > > murderer (since Kaito's father was the former
                            > Kaitou
                            > > Kid).
                            > >
                            > > Hope that helps. ^^
                            > >

                            > > Shinichi Holmes ???? ")
                            > > ICQ NO: 84619870
                            > >
                            > > >--- In conan@y..., Eon Strife <eon_strife@y...>
                            > > wrote:
                            > > >Thanks for clearing up.
                            > > >I heard that Magic Kaito series is about finding
                            > > >Kuraba's father murderer, and now we have Hakuba
                            > > also
                            > > >from Magic series, it will be nice if Conan can
                            > > help
                            > > >Kuraba in finding his father's murderer. And,
                            > does
                            > > >Hakuba know Conan's real identity ?
                            > >
                            > > >=====
                            > >

                            >O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                            > > >I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__
                            > .--.
                            > > __ I
                            > > >: .------------------------:___ \:___
                            > > __::__:: : :
                            > > >I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' :
                            > > .----' : I
                            > > >: `-----------------------/______//______/
                            > > /_______/ :
                            > > >I "There's only one truth"

                            >0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                            > >

                            > =====

                            O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                            > I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--.
                            > __ I
                            > : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__::
                            > : :
                            > I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----'
                            > : I
                            > : `-----------------------/______//______/
                            > /_______/ :
                            > I "There's only one truth"

                            0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O

                            =====

                            White, the idealistic, creative side; Black, the practical, mechanical side...
                            Ironic that 80% of the population is black when black is considered "evil".
                            What color are you?
                            ~Blue

                            AIM: summonillusion, ICQ: 108753005, MSN: kiw5@..., Yahoo: kiw5
                            Illusion of ~Illusionary World~
                            http://www.illusionaryworld.com/

                            http://greetings.yahoo.com
                          • Shinichi Holmes
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                              NOPE, sad to say, the so called "clock story" is actually the Special
                              Version of Shinichi VS Kid. So that's the confusing part of why the
                              storyline is contradicting itself......

                              Shinichi Holmes ")
                              ICQ NO: 84619870

                              ----------
                              >From: Summon Illusion <kiw5@...>
                              >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Kid, Kaito Kuraba, Magic Kaito, etc.
                              >Date: Thu, Jan 3, 2002, 5:18 AM
                              >

                              > Wait, is this clock story a fanfic? Because if it is,
                              > most likely the author just didn't think that far
                              > about it. I suppose you could consider it the future,
                              > but it's a fanFIC so the author can pretty much do
                              > anything they want...
                            • jessica
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                                > From: Shinichi Holmes [mailto:holmes86@...]
                                > NOPE, sad to say, the so called "clock story" is actually the Special
                                > Version of Shinichi VS Kid. So that's the confusing part of why the
                                > storyline is contradicting itself......

                                But did Aoyama ever say that Magic Kaito and Meitantei Conan were in
                                the same universe? I don't believe he ever has, and if he hasn't said
                                so, I'm not sure we should automatically assume that both series take
                                place in the same universe just because some characters cross over
                                into either one. There are too many discrepancies for both series
                                to be part of the same timeline/universe, so I think it makes much
                                more sense to take each one on its own merits and think of them as
                                being independent series that happen to share similar elements.

                                I agree with Kumatenshi; Magic Kaito was one of Aoyama's first series,
                                and he hadn't made it big yet when he started writing it. Later on,
                                when he and his characters had become successful, he might have
                                decided to give the readers what they wanted by writing more and
                                more Kid into Conan, even if it meant invalidating some of his
                                previous continuity.

                                And I find it much more palatable to think of MK and MC as being
                                different continuities . . . MK is basically a gag comic, with each
                                chapter being a self-contained mini-adventure, while Conan has a
                                much more mature and serious tone, not to mention an intricate,
                                overarching plot. Conan may have some fantastical elements, but
                                MK has far sillier things that wouldn't fly (or would at least
                                appear out of place) in a series more realistic or sober.

                                Also, it isn't uncommon for a mangaka to use the same characters
                                or settings but different universes in his works . . . Just look
                                at Kanzaka Hajime, Houjou Tsukasa, all the universes of Gundam . . .
                                And of course, mangaka who regularly throw continuity out of the
                                window are probably in the majority. ^^;

                                So I believe that thinking of Conan and Magic Kaito as different
                                timelines cuts down on some of the confusion, though it may not
                                necessarily do away with it completely. ;)

                                --jessica, who thinks Magic Kaito, manga Conan, and anime Conan
                                are three separate timelines, because thinking of them as one
                                makes her head hurt...and let's not even go into Yaiba. ;O
                                apple at nethere dot com
                                http://tbns.net/jubilee47
                              • Shinichi Holmes
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                                  > But did Aoyama ever say that Magic Kaito and Meitantei Conan were in
                                  > the same universe? I don't believe he ever has, and if he hasn't said
                                  > so, I'm not sure we should automatically assume that both series take
                                  > place in the same universe just because some characters cross over
                                  > into either one. There are too many discrepancies for both series
                                  > to be part of the same timeline/universe, so I think it makes much
                                  > more sense to take each one on its own merits and think of them as
                                  > being independent series that happen to share similar elements.

                                  Well, I don't think Aoyama has ever declared Magic Kaito and Meitantei Conan
                                  being in the same Universe... the appearance of Kid is just like a little
                                  crossover to make the plot interesting, in my humble opinion. And I'd
                                  totally agree with you that they own their individualities.(is there such a
                                  word?)

                                  > I agree with Kumatenshi; Magic Kaito was one of Aoyama's first series,
                                  > and he hadn't made it big yet when he started writing it. Later on,
                                  > when he and his characters had become successful, he might have
                                  > decided to give the readers what they wanted by writing more and
                                  > more Kid into Conan, even if it meant invalidating some of his
                                  > previous continuity.

                                  Yup, that's a very logical reasoning. Which kinda explains why Magic Kaitou
                                  was only published until Book 3... sheez... I gues Aoyama kinda ran out of
                                  wonderful ideas, huh?

                                  > And I find it much more palatable to think of MK and MC as being
                                  > different continuities . . . MK is basically a gag comic, with each
                                  > chapter being a self-contained mini-adventure, while Conan has a
                                  > much more mature and serious tone, not to mention an intricate,
                                  > overarching plot. Conan may have some fantastical elements, but
                                  > MK has far sillier things that wouldn't fly (or would at least
                                  > appear out of place) in a series more realistic or sober.

                                  Imagine someone disappearing out of thin air or rather get blown up, landing
                                  himself into hospital, all of which without revealing his secret identity.
                                  Way too fantastic, isn't it?

                                  > So I believe that thinking of Conan and Magic Kaito as different
                                  > timelines cuts down on some of the confusion, though it may not
                                  > necessarily do away with it completely. ;)

                                  But this still doesn't explain why the story of the Black Star contradicts
                                  with the Detective Conan Special Edition. You see, both of them are
                                  Meitantei Conan shows, but both of are different... I'll repeat this again
                                  then, and try to make it less confusing. In the Special Edition (Shinichi VS
                                  Kid), Shinichi was trying to nab Kid at the clock tower and blah... In the
                                  story of the Black Star(where Kid tried to steal the Black Star from the
                                  Suzuki), Conan didn't seemed to know Kid at all, since he was eager to meet
                                  him. And from the way he had tried to analyse Kid, it goes further to show
                                  that he hasn't met him before. Which comes to the question of why they are
                                  contradicting each other(the two plots.) Hope I don't make it sound too
                                  confusing. ^^ll

                                  > --jessica, who thinks Magic Kaito, manga Conan, and anime Conan
                                  > are three separate timelines, because thinking of them as one
                                  > makes her head hurt...and let's not even go into Yaiba. ;O
                                  > apple at nethere dot com
                                  > http://tbns.net/jubilee47

                                  Shinichi Holmes ") [The Aoyama Gosho Short Stories VCD is very
                                  interesting...]
                                  ICQ NO: 84619870
                                • jessica
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 4, 2002
                                    > From: Shinichi Holmes [holmes86@...]
                                    > > jessica wrote:
                                    > > I agree with Kumatenshi; Magic Kaito was one of Aoyama's first series,
                                    > > and he hadn't made it big yet when he started writing it. Later on,
                                    > > when he and his characters had become successful, he might have
                                    > > decided to give the readers what they wanted by writing more and
                                    > > more Kid into Conan, even if it meant invalidating some of his
                                    > > previous continuity.
                                    >
                                    > Yup, that's a very logical reasoning. Which kinda explains why
                                    > Magic Kaitou was only published until Book 3... sheez... I gues
                                    > Aoyama kinda ran out of wonderful ideas, huh?

                                    I think he was probably (and still is, apparently) too busy to
                                    work on Magic Kaito . . . it's never come out regularly, and it
                                    seems like more of a side project to his main series (Yaiba, then
                                    Conan). Maybe all of his better ideas went into his weekly
                                    series? ^^; It's probably a good thing for him that it's come
                                    out so irregularly, though, because too much work leads to burnout.

                                    > > So I believe that thinking of Conan and Magic Kaito as different
                                    > > timelines cuts down on some of the confusion, though it may not
                                    > > necessarily do away with it completely. ;)
                                    >
                                    > But this still doesn't explain why the story of the Black Star contradicts
                                    > with the Detective Conan Special Edition.

                                    I think my theory still explains the contradiction between ep 76 and
                                    ep 219, but only for the manga. Originally, that clock tower story
                                    in ep 219 was a Magic Kaito story in the manga (2 chapters, released
                                    in Shounen Sunday in 1999), but ep 76 (vol 16 file 6-9; released in
                                    1997) was a case in Conan from the start. So as far as the manga
                                    goes, the two stories are still unrelated, and according to my theory,
                                    would still be in different continuities. The anime crew seems to have
                                    no care for keeping continuity (as demonstrated here, and in many
                                    other cases), so they placed the MK story into the Conan anime unchanged.

                                    But in a nutshell, I think the timeline in Conan is just impossible
                                    to logically explain. ^^;; Just look at the passage of the seasons,
                                    and how everyone is in the same grade they were at the beginning of
                                    the series . . . One can't explain continuity in the anime, and it's
                                    almost as hard to explain it in the manga. And I don't think we
                                    the readers are expected to try to explain it, either . . . though
                                    it is fun to try. ^_~

                                    --jessica, thinking of this old chestnut again...
                                    apple at nethere dot com
                                    http://tbns.net/jubilee47
                                  • Summon Illusion
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 4, 2002
                                      Want me to give you a simple answer?
                                      The special edition was done by his assistants.
                                      Therefore, since the special edition is not done by
                                      Gosoh, there's a chance that the assistants didn't
                                      realize (since it's not their own work).

                                      =====

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jan 4, 2002
[...]

                                        talent-based offerings...
                                        Then he died. Kinda ironic, ne?
                                        I wrote some good songs directly after he died, but
                                        unfortunately it's been kinda lagging my music now...
                                        - -

                                        What type of music do you like?
                                        --- Eon Strife <eon_strife@...> wrote:
                                        > --- Summon Illusion <kiw5@...> wrote: > They
                                        > cut it? Why?
                                        > >

                                        > I dunno.
                                        > But, today in the 2nd part, they called him as
                                        > "Mysterious Thief KAIDE". Kaide = Kid ???
                                        >
                                        > > Well, let's see, Magic Kaito is the name of his
                                        > > series, Kid the Thief is a simple translation of
                                        > > Kaito
                                        > > Kid, and Kuroba is his real name. Does that clean
                                        > > things up?
                                        > > By the way, are you male or female?
                                        >
                                        > Thanks for clearing up.
                                        > I heard that Magic Kaito series is about finding
                                        > Kuraba's father murderer, and now we have Hakuba
                                        > also
                                        > from Magic series, it will be nice if Conan can help
                                        > Kuraba in finding his father's murderer. And, does
                                        > Hakuba know Conan's real identity ?
                                        > I'm male, and how about you?
                                        >
                                        > (BTW, I can play piano a little, I had studied it
                                        > for
                                        > 4 years (out of 12 years), then stopped for some
                                        > reasons. I studied the classic style. How about you
                                        > ?
                                        > What's your music background ? )
                                        >
                                        > =====

                                        O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                                        > I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--.
                                        > __ I
                                        > : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__::
                                        > : :
                                        > I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----'
                                        > : I
                                        > : `-----------------------/______//______/
                                        > /_______/ :
                                        > I "There's only one truth"

                                        0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O

                                        =====

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jan 4, 2002
                                          Geez... I think this should end sooner. But I'll prefer to give it an
                                          ending... ^^ll (selfish, ain't I?)

                                          Ok, I'm talking about the Shinichi VS Kid special edition SHOW, not the
                                          MANGA. And I do feel much better now, thanks for trying to explain. ^^
                                          (actually, I felt much better after Jessica's explantion... oh well.)

                                          Just blame it on the people who make the show!

                                          Shinichi Holmes ") [Hmm... should I change my nick?]
                                          ICQ NO: 84619870