Re: [conan] Dr Araide? And some apotoxin queries.

  • Shinichi Holmes
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001

      > I'm not sure if there's English name for it, but I
      > think you can use "Paikal."
      >
      > Talking about that, I'm wondering if Conan's body
      > begins to anti the Paikal's effect with APTX4869 as
      > mentioned by Dr. Agasa in vol. 10, then why can this
      > Paikal-based antidote really work, even temporarily?
      >
      > Cherie

      Hmm... thats what puzzles me. In the manga, it seemed that Paikal had worked
      on occasions when they had flu (or is it cold? can somebody confirm this?)
      So is it just a coincidence?

      BTW, does anyone know where I can find translation of Vol 24 of the Conan
      manga?

      Shinichi Holmes ") [gotta make out the difference between flu and cold)
      ICQ NO: 84619870
    • Nathania Ma
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
        You're right, Paikal only works when you have got flu or cold or
        something and then they can change back. Having said that though, it
        seems Ai has been studying the effects of Paikal and in 26, Conan did not
        need to have a flu to turn to Shinichi (if I remember correctly).
        However, he just endured a gun shot wound and so I didn't know if that
        mattered.

        Kumatenshi
        *************************************
        My favorite character?
        Naruto, Li, Neji, Hinat (Naruto)
        Dao Rin (Shaman King)
        Kurapika (Hunter x Hunter)
        Ryou Bakura (Yugioh)
        Hattori and Hakuba (Detective Conan)
        Kurosaki Hisoka (Yami no Matsuei)
        And MORE!

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
          He had either of these. the doctor said, "Since the operation has weakened his
          self-defence a bit, now he got a upper respiratory tract infection..."
          Ran:"What does it mean?"
          Doctor: "That means a cold..."
          (Or flu, for that matter. At least in Chinese, flu was named as "epidemic cold.")

          --
          Samuel Curtis, Shinichian "shinri ha itsumo hitotsu!"

          Ex-Garrettian and presently Rolandian, but would never be an Edurado-Kylist.

        • Brandy
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
            Wait, but he did have a little cold remember. Ran had
            asked the doctor if he could go home soon (she wanted
            hime to see her play because she was in it and "knew"
            who conan really was. That's when the doctor told her
            he could go home in a couple of days, but the surgery
            had left him a little weak which made him catch a
            little cold. -> Just remembered, but Ai never
            mentioned it so maybe your right. Maybe he didn't
            need to have a cold.
            Brandy

            http://personals.yahoo.com
          • Eon Strife
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
              Yeah, and don't forget that in vol.24, Ai can turn
              into her original body although she doesn't have
              flu/cold.

              --- Nathania Ma <nhfm2@...> wrote: > You're
              right, Paikal only works when you have got
              > flu or cold or
              > something and then they can change back. Having
              > said that though, it
              > seems Ai has been studying the effects of Paikal and
              > in 26, Conan did not
              > need to have a flu to turn to Shinichi (if I
              > remember correctly).
              > However, he just endured a gun shot wound and so I
              > didn't know if that
              > mattered.
              >
              > Kumatenshi
              > *************************************
              > My favorite character?
              > Naruto, Li, Neji, Hinat (Naruto)
              > Dao Rin (Shaman King)
              > Kurapika (Hunter x Hunter)
              > Ryou Bakura (Yugioh)
              > Hattori and Hakuba (Detective Conan)
              > Kurosaki Hisoka (Yami no Matsuei)
              > And MORE!
              >

              > On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Shinichi Holmes wrote:
              >

              > > > I'm not sure if there's English name for it, but
              > > > think you can use "Paikal."
              > > >
              > > > Talking about that, I'm wondering if Conan's
              > body
              > > > begins to anti the Paikal's effect with APTX4869
              > as
              > > > mentioned by Dr. Agasa in vol. 10, then why can
              > this
              > > > Paikal-based antidote really work, even
              > temporarily?
              > > >
              > > > Cherie
              > > >

              > > Hmm... thats what puzzles me. In the manga, it
              > seemed that Paikal had worked
              > > on occasions when they had flu (or is it cold? can
              > somebody confirm this?)
              > > So is it just a coincidence?
              > >
              > > BTW, does anyone know where I can find translation
              > of Vol 24 of the Conan
              > > manga?
              > >
              > > Shinichi Holmes ") [gotta make out the difference
              > between flu and cold)
              > > ICQ NO: 84619870
              > >

              > > ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans
              > > http://www.conanmania.com
              > >

              > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              =====
              O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
              I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ I
              : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: : :
              I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' : I
              : `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/ :
              I "There's only one truth" I
              0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
            • samuel dharma
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
                > > Talking about that, I'm wondering if Conan's body
                > > begins to anti the Paikal's effect with APTX4869 as
                > > mentioned by Dr. Agasa in vol. 10, then why can this
                > > Paikal-based antidote really work, even temporarily?
                > >
                > > Cherie
                > >
                >Hmm... thats what puzzles me. In the manga, it seemed that Paikal had
                >worked
                >on occasions when they had flu (or is it cold? can somebody confirm this?)
                >So is it just a coincidence?

                Actually, I have a different theory (and I have to admit I apparently agree
                with Ai's theory).

                Relying on my very shallow knowledge, I think the APTX 4869's effect on
                human bodies (in Conan) is so strong that the body is almost fully
                "reprogrammed" (except the brain, as we know). Thus, the body accept the
                current size of the body (shrinked) as normal. Now that the paikal changed
                the size, the body regards it as some sort of disease and thus must be
                eradicated - and this is probably how the anbtibody develops.

                An easy example to understand the concept of antibody may be the chickenpox
                disease. Once you suffer it, it is almost impossible to suffer it again -
                and that's because an antibody develops so no matter how close you are to a
                person currently suffering chickenpox, you won't be infected.

                Speaking of the "cure" Ai made, it probably contains a high dose of the
                curing ingredient as found in the paikal.

                Anyway, just a theory that could be proven wrong!

              • Jade
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
                  --- In conan@y..., "samuel dharma" <samueldharma@h...> wrote:
                  > Actually, I have a different theory (and I have to admit I
                  apparently agree
                  > with Ai's theory).
                  >
                  > Relying on my very shallow knowledge, I think the APTX 4869's
                  effect on
                  > human bodies (in Conan) is so strong that the body is almost fully
                  > "reprogrammed" (except the brain, as we know). Thus, the body
                  accept the
                  > current size of the body (shrinked) as normal. Now that the paikal
                  changed
                  > the size, the body regards it as some sort of disease and thus must
                  be
                  > eradicated - and this is probably how the anbtibody develops.
                  >
                  > An easy example to understand the concept of antibody may be the
                  chickenpox
                  > disease. Once you suffer it, it is almost impossible to suffer it
                  again -
                  > and that's because an antibody develops so no matter how close you
                  are to a
                  > person currently suffering chickenpox, you won't be infected.
                  >
                  > Speaking of the "cure" Ai made, it probably contains a high dose of
                  the
                  > curing ingredient as found in the paikal.
                  >
                  > Anyway, just a theory that could be proven wrong!

                  I'm a little lost (haven't read a majority of the manga). What
                  is "Paikal"?
                • samuel dharma
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
                    >I'm a little lost (haven't read a majority of the manga). What
                    >is "Paikal"?

                    In two words, Chinese beer (according to my translated Manga anyway). I'm
                    sorry that you're a little lost - I know I have to learn writing in plain,
                    simple English...

                  • Lobato
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
                      > I'm a little lost (haven't read a majority of the manga). What
                      > is "Paikal"?

                      It's the Chinese alcohol that Heiji has Conan drink early on in the
                      series and temporarily counteracts against the APTX4869. Because the
                      Japanese name is "Paikaru" IIRC, then the natural instinct might me
                      to romanize it as "Paikal," However, I think that it should be
                      romanized with the Chinese pinyin...

                      (^_^)/
                    • Cherie Ponsuwanna
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
                        > Yeah, and don't forget that in vol.24, Ai can turn
                        > into her original body although she doesn't have
                        > flu/cold.

                        She did! She said that herself.
                        Conan : What are you doing? Did you drink it?
                        Ai : I did, and it makes me feel worse though I
                        already have a cold.
                        (Or something like this. It may not completely
                        correct, people. ^^;;;)

                        Cherie

                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
                          HEI ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP ME TO UNSUBSCRIBE HERE>>>>!!

                          http://shopping.yahoo.com
                        • Jade
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
                            --- In conan@y..., "Lobato" <remj3@h...> wrote:
                            > > I'm a little lost (haven't read a majority of the manga). What
                            > > is "Paikal"?
                            >

                            > It's the Chinese alcohol that Heiji has Conan drink early on in the
                            > series and temporarily counteracts against the APTX4869. Because
                            the
                            > Japanese name is "Paikaru" IIRC, then the natural instinct might me
                            > to romanize it as "Paikal," However, I think that it should be
                            > romanized with the Chinese pinyin...
                            >
                            > (^_^)/

                            Ahh...I see. When I see fantranslated manga of any reference to the
                            alcohol Conan/Ai drink to grow back it's called "white spirit"
                            or "vodka".
                          • Eon Strife
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
                              Oohhh...I didn't realize that :)

                              And, what's Paikal called in Chinese ?

                              > She did! She said that herself.
                              > Conan : What are you doing? Did you drink it?
                              > Ai : I did, and it makes me feel worse though I
                              > already have a cold.
                              > (Or something like this. It may not completely
                              > correct, people. ^^;;;)
                              >
                              > Cherie

                              > http://shopping.yahoo.com

                              =====
                              O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                              I DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ I
                              : .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: : :
                              I < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' : I
                              : `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/ :
                              I "There's only one truth" I
                              0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O
                            • Shinichi Holmes
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 1, 2001
                                Well, according to the Chinese description of the alcoholic drink, it says
                                that it is actually a sort of white alcohol which is colourless and contains
                                little water contents. Erm... I'm not sure if this is the correct
                                translation, since I translating it from Chinese.

                                Shinichi Holmes ")
                                ICQ NO: 84619870

                                ----------
                                >From: "Jade" <kangtalvr@...>
                                >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
                                >Subject: [conan] Re: Dr Araide? And some apotoxin queries.
                                >Date: Sun, Dec 2, 2001, 4:27 AM
                                >

                                > --- In conan@y..., "Lobato" <remj3@h...> wrote:
                                >> > I'm a little lost (haven't read a majority of the manga). What
                                >> > is "Paikal"?
                                >>

                                >> It's the Chinese alcohol that Heiji has Conan drink early on in the
                                >> series and temporarily counteracts against the APTX4869. Because
                                > the
                                >> Japanese name is "Paikaru" IIRC, then the natural instinct might me
                                >> to romanize it as "Paikal," However, I think that it should be
                                >> romanized with the Chinese pinyin...
                                >>
                                >> (^_^)/
                                >
                                > Ahh...I see. When I see fantranslated manga of any reference to the
                                > alcohol Conan/Ai drink to grow back it's called "white spirit"
                                > or "vodka".

                              • hendrik wiyono
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 3, 2001