Re: Conan Murders (1)

  • Ai
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 3, 2001
      Hi Pyro,

      yes, I thought it's very pitiful excuse too, but then I thought
      maybe the murder was not planned, so the kid didn't have time to
      think of anything more complex, because after all he is only a 12
      years old kid that had just killed someone, he might be in a state of
      shock, so couldn't think right....(?)

      and to which case the boy might be imitating for that murder...I
      was thinking maybe the "triplelate brothers murder case"(?), it's the
      case where the murderer kept telling them he was at a cosino game
      shop during the murder, and also he heard the baseball game from that
      day in the shop. I dunno why I thought of this one, but this case
      just pop into my mind after I read the artical...

      take care,

      ----Ai

      --- In conan@y..., "Pyro _______" <PyroKid888@h...> wrote:
      > That's a pitiful excuse. It wasn't half as good as the ones on
      Detective

      http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
    • cherryfarm123@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 3, 2001
        agree agree...

        the cases in conan are much much more complicated, detailed,
        planned... and at least their alibi are more solid...

        but come to think of it, this kid is only 12... and he was able to
        understand the importance of an alibi... um... this is impressive...
        he must have learnt it from somewhere. But could it be DC or
        something else? nevermind, it's a shame that he has put the knowledge
        in to such use... he could've done better. I mean, even if he's
        learnt all the techniques and strategies in DC, and he still didn't
        pick up any serious moral messages DC been sending out to people,
        then it's his problem...

        I mean didn't confucious say "Don't believe in everything the book
        teaches you"? <-- sorry, a bit out of topic here.

        Cherry,
        (Knowledge is what you gain, but what you do with the knowledge is
        all depended upon your own values.)

        --- In conan@y..., pheebs_gu@y... wrote:
        > that's not actually the point. the horrifying thing is that this
        will
        > definately decrease conan popularity and i don't even think that
        the
        > boy did get it from conan. like what pyro____ said, that's a
        pitiful
        > excuse! i mean does he think that the people at the internet cafe
        > would be an hour behind time like mouri kogoro?
        > this is so sad. conan hasn't even made it to no 1 anime yet and
        they
        > already accusing it of stuff. this could actually lead to an huge
        out
        > break in parents not letting kids come in contact with conan
        anymore!

        > Fuzzy
      • Iman & Hibbah
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 4, 2001
          I seem to remember a case where a man ( I think he was a scientist or a doctor) was stabbed several times. He died from the stab which entered his lung. The killer was a woman (also a doctor). it had something to do with chess as well. Mabe the boy was imitating that case. Or he could have tried to imitate the alibi from DC. Or maybe he wasn't trying to imitate anything but he just learned to cover up on his mistakes from DC. There are just too many posibilities.

          Hibbah

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 4, 2001
            Well, IMHO, I think that the most frightening thing about this little guy
            was that he wasn't too concerned about the deaths he had caused. This could
            be clearly seen from the way he tries to push this immoral act onto Conan.
            Considering his age, it really gives me the creeps.

            Shinichi Holmes ")
            ICQ NO: 84619870

            ----------

            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 4, 2001
              cherryfarm123@... wrote:

              > but come to think of it, this kid is only 12... and he was able to
              > understand the importance of an alibi... um... this is impressive...

              This wasn't impressive at all; I was able to think that at 8 or 9, and of
              course, the kids now know more than we think...
              Generation gap exists at a 6-year distance too...

              > he must have learnt it from somewhere. But could it be DC or
              > something else? nevermind, it's a shame that he has put the knowledge
              > in to such use... he could've done better. I mean, even if he's
              > learnt all the techniques and strategies in DC, and he still didn't
              > pick up any serious moral messages DC been sending out to people,
              > then it's his problem...
              >
              > I mean didn't confucious say "Don't believe in everything the book
              > teaches you"? <-- sorry, a bit out of topic here.

              There was a Chinese saying, but it would be the American that would add
              "Confucius says" before it.
              I think the actual idiom was, "To trust all from books, better there were no
              books".
              However, Confucius was against learning without and spiritual development (I
              can't quote now, but it's definitively on the Analects).
              [And this is why Hong Kong's kids now are so inferior...]
              [The Middle Class all wants to put their kids overseas... as a survey today
              showed...]

              --
              Samuel Curtis, Shinichian "shinri ha itsumo hitotsu!"

              Guardian of the Republic of Conania, otherwise known as Hong Kong (The title
              is imaginary. However, I'm veritly pro-independence.)

            • Ai
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 4, 2001
                Hi Hibbah,

                I not sure which case you're talking about, I know one case that
                has to do with chess, and that's the one where a professer kill by a
                young guy.

                I was thinking maybe the kid might be imitating that case where two
                writers when to a trip to celebrate one's sucess, and the other
                writer killed him, and made it looked like a rubbery case by taking
                all the money the guy has, then the murderer when to a fire work
                feastival and tell people to take pictures for him as a alibi..that
                case it's a bit simiar too...

                take care,

                ---Ai

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 5, 2001
                  The one you mentioned wasn't the one I meant. In fact, I'm not even sure if I ever saw that one!
                  I do know the one about the 2 writers but that isn't the one I mean either. The one I mean had to do with a group of doctors that went on vacation. It also had to do with the favourite piece of each doctor. The killer's favourite piece was the rook, while the victim's favourite piece was the knight. I think the motive was that she had worked on a certain study for about 14 yrs and this doctor took all her work and put it in his name, so she wanted to take revenge. (I hope I'm making sense here! ^_^ I haven't been thinking clearly for a while now. Must be because school started again.)

                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 5, 2001
                    hi Hibbah,

                    ohh~! I know which one you're talking about! wasn't it about theis
                    lady that did some medical research for sometimes, then this guy took
                    it from her and said it would be better under his name because he's
                    more famous?

                    take care,

                    ---Ai

                    --- In conan@y..., "Iman & Hibbah" <iman_hibbah@h...> wrote:
                    > The one you mentioned wasn't the one I meant. In fact, I'm not even
                    sure if I ever saw that one!
                    > I do know the one about the 2 writers but that isn't the one I mean
                    either. The one I mean had to do with a group of doctors that went on
                    vacation. It also had to do with the favourite piece of each doctor.
                    The killer's favourite piece was the rook, while the victim's
                    favourite piece was the knight. I think the motive was that she had
                    worked on a certain study for about 14 yrs and this doctor took all
                    her work and put it in his name, so she wanted to take revenge. (I
                    hope I'm making sense here! ^_^ I haven't been thinking clearly for a
                    while now. Must be because school started again.)

                    > Hibbah

                  • Aichan
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 5, 2001
                       If I'm not wrong, yes, it is ^__^

                      Aichan
                      hi Hibbah,

                        ohh~! I know which one you're talking about! wasn't it about theis
                      lady that did some medical research for sometimes, then this guy took
                      it from her and said it would be better under his name because he's
                      more famous?

                      take care,

                      ---Ai

                      --- In conan@y..., "Iman & Hibbah" <iman_hibbah@h...> wrote:
                      > The one you mentioned wasn't the one I meant. In fact, I'm not even
                      sure if I ever saw that one!
                      > I do know the one about the 2 writers but that isn't the one I mean
                      either. The one I mean had to do with a group of doctors that went on
                      vacation. It also had to do with the favourite piece of each doctor.
                      The killer's favourite piece was the rook, while the victim's
                      favourite piece was the knight. I think the motive was that she had
                      worked on a certain study for about 14 yrs and this doctor took all
                      her work and put it in his name, so she wanted to take revenge. (I
                      hope I'm making sense here! ^_^ I haven't been thinking clearly for a
                      while now. Must be because school started again.)

                      > Hibbah

                    • Iman & Hibbah
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 5, 2001
                        Yep, that's the one! ^^