Slightly [OT] - Holmes still alive

  • Victor S.
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 25, 2001
      London (DPA)..

      Sherlock Holmes is alive and well - in readers' mind. Each month the famous
      fictional detective receives 30 to 40 letters, which are answered by his
      secretary, Gug Kyriacou. Kyriacou works at Abbey National bank, Baker Street
      215, in London -- the same spot as where Sherlock Holmes once had his office
      at the fictional address 221b.

      Exactly 100 years since the publication of the most famous Holmes case of
      all, "The Hound of the Baskervilles". The man with the trademark checkered
      cap this day is regularly being asked for help. "People from all over the
      world write to him, from the United States, from Japan, from India and of
      course form Germany," says Kyriacou, who then sadly adds that he must
      disappointed them: "Mr. Holmes doesn't take on new cases. he's retired."

      Holmes' keen sense of crime-solving deductive logic appears to be more in
      demand than ever before. Whether it has to do with a runaway household pet,
      interpretation of a dream or getting to the bottom of some dark famously
      secret, people want his expertise.

      But the detective is not only being asked for favors. "Dear Mr. Holmes, I'm
      very worried about your safety, as I have seen Professor Moriarty on my 154
      bus which I take to school. he is disguise as an old pensioner," wrote
      12-year-old Ronan Bernnon, referring to the detective archenemy.

      But Holmes - with Kyriacou's help - was able to ensure the youngsters: "I am
      sure the man you have seen on the 154 bus is Prof. Moriarty's son who looks
      very much like his father but lacks the Professor's craftiness and brains."

      Mercy Donker from near the northern German city of Luebeck wants to know
      whether Holmes ever got married, Wugi, from China, got straight to the
      point: "I hope you live happily." Brandon Sellers, from Miami assured him"
      "I want you to know that I am at your service. Any time you need help
      solving some of the cases which are connected with the United States I will
      be there for you, especially if the cases involve dinosaurs and fish as
      these subjects are my specialty."

      Even the fiscal authorities have written Sherlock Holmes, trying to get more
      information about his wealth - no doubt hoping to impose some taxes. "Holmes
      is very much alive," confirms Catherine Cooke, trustee of Sherlock Holmes
      Library not far from the Baker Street. She is also an active member of the
      Sherlock Holmes Society in London, which this year is celebrating its 50th
      anniversary.

      She reports that even in such countries as France, Spain and Italy, where
      the storybook detective previously had not been so well known, there have
      been a number of Sherlock Holmes clubs set up recently. Mrs. Cooke, a very
      serious and distinguished-looking lady, has a theory why. "The Holmes
      stories have always been something for nostalgic," she says. "They were
      already nostalgic in the 1890s because he isn't actually someone from the
      1890s but from the 1880s."

      -----------------------

      Jeez... may be after a hundred year, the same will be there for conan or at
      least Gosho Aoyama... ^^ Could be people have lost their minds chasing an
      illusion. I guess being a die-hard otaku has its downsides.

      - Victor S.
      Happy to know that Inuyasha movie is going to be released in Jan. 2002 so he
      may have a chance to see it by 2003 and also Viz announcing that they had
      acquired the rights to the Inu Yasha television series at recent anime expo.
      Why not Conan? guess nobody want to be bothered with a long running
      series...

      I was just thinking.. is Beika name really based on Baker St. in London?
      Kaito Kid after Professor Moriarty and Detective Boys on the bunch of kids
      Holmes used in more than an occasion to get him some info... maybe.

    • Kumatenshi
      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 25, 2001
        Interesting. Do you have more information about the Sherlock Holmes club?
        If you they are celebrating the 50th anniversary, perhaps there will be some
        cool activities ^^. By the way, I don't think Kaitou Kid is based

        > Jeez... may be after a hundred year, the same will be there for conan or
        at
        > least Gosho Aoyama... ^^ Could be people have lost their minds chasing an
        > illusion. I guess being a die-hard otaku has its downsides.

        Probably, but even not, there are still Conan statues around to remind
        people of the famous detective ^o^ only I wish that they will not be
        destroyed or vandalized anymore.

        > - Victor S.
        > Happy to know that Inuyasha movie is going to be released in Jan. 2002 so
        he
        > may have a chance to see it by 2003 and also Viz announcing that they had
        > acquired the rights to the Inu Yasha television series at recent anime
        expo.
        > Why not Conan? guess nobody want to be bothered with a long running
        > series...

        Yuppy, I'm jumping up and down hoping to see the movie. I have seen the
        trailer of the IY movie and it's really cool. All the characters will be
        there as well! So looking forward to it. Viz has acquired the rights to the
        animation which is nice but then I hope the fansubs will not stop because
        of that. Right now, I have seen 38 eps and aside from occasional
        fluctuation in quality of animation, it's pretty good and loyal to the
        manga...

        I don't think Conan will be acquired anymore since it's just not possible to
        show it on TV and I wonder if people will collect the DVDs considering how
        many there will be!

        > I was just thinking.. is Beika name really based on Baker St. in London?
        > Kaito Kid after Professor Moriarty and Detective Boys on the bunch of kids
        > Holmes used in more than an occasion to get him some info... maybe.

        I don't think Kaito Kid is after Professor Moriaty. Rather, it is based on
        the main character of another famous series --- Thief Robin?? (Is that
        right? I read the chinese novels so I don't know the English name). That
        guy has been a rival of Sherlock Holmes in a few short stories but he is
        also the main character of a series of novels that is very very famous. As
        for detective boys, I don't think they're based on the ones in Sherlock
        Holmes novels because those kids are like little gangsters in London and the
        relationship between Holmes and them is merely a "business" kind of thing.
        However, with detective kids, it's more like friends. There's already been
        a case featuring Genta, and in the latest case, it is the disappearance of
        Matsuhiko.

        ~~~ * Kumatenshi * ~~~
        http://www.animesong.cjb.net

        ~ If you have a goal, great. try to reach it.
        If you don't, dream, then make your dreams come true. ~

      • Anime_21st@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 29 , Aug 26, 2001
          --- In conan@y..., "Kumatenshi" <nhfm2@c...> wrote:
          > Interesting.
          >Do you have more information about the Sherlock Holmes club?
          >If you they are celebrating the 50th anniversary,
          >perhaps there will be some cool activities ^^.

          You can check their website at:

          www.sherlock-holmes.org.uk

          They are having activities over a year in the future... You just have
          to be a full member first. Costing $25.5 per year, which is not so
          high ^^

          You can also check another good international website:

          http://www.sherlock-holmes.org/english.htm

          Have fun and knowledge ^^

          >Probably, but even not, there are still Conan
          >statues around to remind people of the famous
          >detective ^o^ only I wish that they will not be
          >destroyed or vandalized anymore.

          Guess, hateres are out there also..

          > Yuppy, I'm jumping up and down hoping to
          >see the movie. I have seen the trailer of
          >the IY movie and it's really cool. All the
          >characters will be there as well! So looking
          >forward to it. Viz has acquired the rights to
          >the animation which is nice but then

          The two things I'm waiting for now are IY movie and Kenshin new OVA
          (ADV got that already) ^.^

          >I hope the fansubs will not stop because
          >of that. Right now, I have seen 38 eps and aside
          >from occasional fluctuation in quality of animation,
          >it's pretty good and loyal to the manga...

          The SVCD ver. are pretty good in quality...

          Forget it, as soon as the Viz one is released, all the fansubed ones
          should be withdrawn. This is the default in Anime world..

          >I don't think Conan will be acquired anymore
          >since it's just not possible to show it on TV and
          >I wonder if people will collect the DVDs considering
          >how many there will be!

          I am just buying the major GOOD ones ~_~
          Still waiting for M5

          > I don't think Kaito Kid is after Professor Moriaty.
          >Rather, it is based onthe main character of another
          >famous series --- Thief Robin?? (Is that right? I read
          >the chinese novels so I don't know the English name).
          >That guy has been a rival of Sherlock Holmes in a few
          >short stories but he is also the main character of a
          >series of novels that is very very famous.

          Arslin Lupin?
          Well, maybe but still Moriarty is a genius, wearing special clothes
          and always escape... KID is like Lupin in stealing rich only. Could
          be a mix...

          A famous series by Monkey Punch was adapted on that in Japan... With
          over 12 movies and a lot of episodes... Lupin III

          >As for detective boys, I don't think they're
          >based on the ones in Sherlock Holmes novels because
          >those kids are like little gangsters in London and the
          > relationship between Holmes and them is merely a "business"
          >kind of thing.
          > However, with detective kids, it's more like friends.
          >There's already been a case featuring Genta, and in the
          >latest case, it is the disappearance of Matsuhiko.

          I mean the basic ideas... of course changes should be made or else it
          will be like stealing...
        • Eon Strife
          Message 4 of 29 , Aug 26, 2001
            But, does anyone know where can I download Sherlock
            Holmes novels ?
            thanks.

            --- Anime_21st@... wrote: > --- In

            =====
            o DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ o
            .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: :
            < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' :
            `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/
            o"There's only one truth" o
          • Iman & Hibbah
            Message 5 of 29 , Aug 27, 2001
              I don't know about downloading, but here is a site where you can find all the novels and read them:
              Hibbah
> [...]

              > special clothes
              > and always escape... KID is like Lupin in stealing
              > rich only. Could
              > be a mix...
              >
              > A famous series by Monkey Punch was adapted on that
              > in Japan... With
              > over 12 movies and a lot of episodes... Lupin III
              >
              > >As for detective boys, I don't think they're
              > >based on the ones in Sherlock Holmes novels because
              >
              > >those kids are like little gangsters in London and
              > the
              > > relationship between Holmes and them is merely a
              > "business"
              > >kind of thing.
              > > However, with detective kids, it's more like
              > friends.
              > >There's already been  a case featuring Genta, and
              > in the
              > >latest case, it is the disappearance of Matsuhiko.
              >
              > I mean the basic ideas... of course changes should

              =====
              o     DETECTIVE CONAN      ______  ___.~~.__ .--. __  o
              .------------------------:___   \:___    __::__::  :
              <  eon_strife@...   ____:  :.---'  :  .----'  :
              `-----------------------/______//______/  /_______/
              o"There's only one truth"                             o

            • Hendra
              Message 6 of 29 , Aug 27, 2001
                Eon Strife <eon_strife@...> wrote:
                > But, does anyone know where can I download Sherlock
                > Holmes novels ?
                > thanks.

                I have the "a study in scarlet" in microsoft word format, zipped into a zip
                file with 100 KB of size. interested?

                ______
                MeiJiN
              • Eon Strife
                Message 7 of 29 , Aug 27, 2001
                  404 error not found :(

                  --- Iman & Hibbah <iman_hibbah@...> wrote: >
                  I don't know about downloading, but here is a site
                  > where you can find all the novels and read them:
                  > www.citsoft.com/holmes3.com
                  > Hibbah

                  =====
                  o DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ o
                  .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: :
                  < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' :
                  `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/
                  o"There's only one truth" o
                • Iman & Hibbah
                  Message 8 of 29 , Aug 28, 2001
                    Sorry about that, I gave you the wrong address. Here is the real one:
                    Hope this one works!
                    Hibbah
                    I don't know about downloading, but here is a site
                    > where you can find all the novels and read them:
                    > www.citsoft.com/holmes3.com
                    > Hibbah

                    =====
                    o     DETECTIVE CONAN      ______  ___.~~.__ .--. __  o
                    .------------------------:___   \:___    __::__::  :
                    <  eon_strife@...   ____:  :.---'  :  .----'  :
                    `-----------------------/______//______/  /_______/
                    o"There's only one truth"                             o

                  • cherryfarm123@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 29 , Aug 28, 2001
                      Hi,

                      i don't think you can... but try a few sites like
                      http://www.mysterynet.com/
                      they might have some more information...

                      Good luck finding one =) (i think it would be easier to buy a book..
                      i mean there are only 56 short stories and 4 long ones... sometimes
                      you can get a book with all the novels in it)

                      Cheers
                      Cherry

                      --- In conan@y..., Eon Strife <eon_strife@y...> wrote:
                      > But, does anyone know where can I download Sherlock
                      > Holmes novels ?
                      > thanks.
                    • Hendra
                      Message 10 of 29 , Aug 29, 2001
                        unfortunately, in Indonesia, the published book are just "The memoar of
                        Sherlock Holmes", "the adventure of Sherlock Holmes"
                        and 2 other books that I forgot the name.
                        even the first book (a study in scarlet) hasn't been translated yet.

                        ______
                        Hendra

                        <cherryfarm123@...> wrote:
                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > i don't think you can... but try a few sites like
                        > http://www.mysterynet.com/
                        > they might have some more information...
                        >

                        > Good luck finding one =) (i think it would be easier to buy a book..
                        > i mean there are only 56 short stories and 4 long ones... sometimes
                        > you can get a book with all the novels in it)
                        >
                        > Cheers
                        > Cherry
                      • Eon Strife
                        Message 11 of 29 , Aug 29, 2001
                          Yeah, please send me :) Thank you very much :)

                          > I have the "a study in scarlet" in microsoft word
                          > format, zipped into a zip
                          > file with 100 KB of size. interested?
                          >
                          > ______
                          > MeiJiN

                          =====
                          o DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ o
                          .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: :
                          < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' :
                          `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/
                          o"There's only one truth" o
                        • Eon Strife
                          Message 12 of 29 , Aug 29, 2001
                            Yeay ! thank you very much ! I will read it after I
                            adapt to university :)

                            --- Iman & Hibbah <iman_hibbah@...> wrote: >
                            Sorry about that, I gave you the wrong address. Here
                            > is the real one:
                            > www.citsoft.com/holmes3.html
                            > Hope this one works!
                            > Hibbah

                            =====
                            o DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ o
                            .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: :
                            < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' :
                            `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/
                            o"There's only one truth" o
                          • Eon Strife
                            Message 13 of 29 , Aug 29, 2001
                              I never see those book in bookstore (especially in
                              Gramedia). Can you tell me what is the publisher of
                              the book, how does the book look like, etc. ?

                              OT:While I typing this mail, I hear the music from a
                              film in Taiwanese Channel(which my mother curently
                              watching now), the music is from Jade Cocoon : The
                              Story of Tamamayu. Another 'can music'...

                              --- Hendra <meijin@...> wrote: >
                              unfortunately, in Indonesia, the published book are
                              > just "The memoar of
                              > Sherlock Holmes", "the adventure of Sherlock Holmes"
                              > and 2 other books that I forgot the name.
                              > even the first book (a study in scarlet) hasn't been
                              > translated yet.
                              >
                              > ______
                              > Hendra

                              =====
                              o DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ o
                              .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: :
                              < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' :
                              `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/
                              o"There's only one truth" o
                            • Eon Strife
                              Message 14 of 29 , Aug 29, 2001
                                Thanks for the site. But, is the site which Iman &
                                Hibbah gave me unfiltered ?

                                --- cherryfarm123@... wrote: > Hi,

                                > i don't think you can... but try a few sites like
                                > http://www.mysterynet.com/
                                > they might have some more information...
                                >

                                > Good luck finding one =) (i think it would be easier
                                > to buy a book..
                                > i mean there are only 56 short stories and 4 long
                                > ones... sometimes
                                > you can get a book with all the novels in it)
                                >
                                > Cheers
                                > Cherry
                                >
                                > --- In conan@y..., Eon Strife <eon_strife@y...>
                                > wrote:
                                > > But, does anyone know where can I download
                                > Sherlock
                                > > Holmes novels ?
                                > > thanks.

                                =====
                                o DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ o
                                .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: :
                                < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' :
                                `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/
                                o"There's only one truth" o
                              • Hendra
                                Message 15 of 29 , Aug 30, 2001
                                  Eon Strife <eon_strife@...> wrote:
                                  > I never see those book in bookstore (especially in
                                  > Gramedia). Can you tell me what is the publisher of
                                  > the book, how does the book look like, etc. ?

                                  The publisher is Elex Media Komputindo (or gramedia? I forgot).
                                  The book has the size of the uual novel. quite thick. The cover are all the
                                  same (only the book title that changes), the picture of sherlock homes
                                  smoking his.... his what? (a pipe with curved stem, what it's called?) with
                                  a picture of a horse-drawn buggy (dokar) under a big stone gate (I'm not
                                  quite sure about this) as a background.
                                  I don't have any of those novels, I just borrowed it from my friend.
                                  According to another friend of mine, there are 5 sherlock holmes novel that
                                  has been translated into Indonesian.

                                  ______
                                  Hendra
                                • Hendra
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Aug 30, 2001
                                    Eh, English version loh.
                                    Likely It's rewritten from http://www.citsoft.com/holmes3

                                    BTW, I just realized that I used the wrong account and the wrong signature.

                                    ______
                                    Hendra

                                    > Yeah, please send me :) Thank you very much :)
                                    >
                                    > > I have the "a study in scarlet" in microsoft word
                                    > > format, zipped into a zip
                                    > > file with 100 KB of size. interested?
                                    > >
                                    > > ______
                                    > > MeiJiN
                                  • Hendra
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Aug 30, 2001
                                      Oh, I'm teribly sorry for this message.
                                      I was intend to send it directly to Eon's email, but.... I forgot to change
                                      the recipient address....
                                      Sorry.

                                      ______
                                      Hendra

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Aug 30, 2001
                                        oh, it could be... coz this site is very famous for it's information
                                        and games.
                                        (i haven't really read every message before i sent you this)

                                        but enjoy this site... i think if you are more of an Agatha Christie
                                        fan (which I am), you will find even more info on the net~

                                        Cheers,
                                        Cherry

                                        --- In conan@y..., Eon Strife <eon_strife@y...> wrote:

                                        > Thanks for the site. But, is the site which Iman &
                                        > Hibbah gave me unfiltered ?
                                      • Eon Strife
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Aug 30, 2001
                                          Wow, also Elex. Thanks for the info. It seems that the
                                          cover looks like Agatha Christie's.

                                          --- Hendra <meijin@...> wrote: > Eon
                                          Strife <eon_strife@...> wrote:
                                          > > I never see those book in bookstore (especially in
                                          > > Gramedia). Can you tell me what is the publisher
                                          > of
                                          > > the book, how does the book look like, etc. ?
                                          >
                                          > The publisher is Elex Media Komputindo (or gramedia?
                                          > I forgot).
                                          > The book has the size of the uual novel. quite
                                          > thick. The cover are all the
                                          > same (only the book title that changes), the picture
                                          > of sherlock homes
                                          > smoking his.... his what? (a pipe with curved stem,
                                          > what it's called?) with
                                          > a picture of a horse-drawn buggy (dokar) under a big
                                          > stone gate (I'm not
                                          > quite sure about this) as a background.
                                          > I don't have any of those novels, I just borrowed it
                                          > from my friend.
                                          > According to another friend of mine, there are 5
                                          > sherlock holmes novel that
                                          > has been translated into Indonesian.
                                          >
                                          > ______
                                          > Hendra

                                          =====
                                          o DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ o
                                          .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: :
                                          < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' :
                                          `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/
                                          o"There's only one truth" o
                                        • Eon Strife
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Aug 30, 2001
                                            Wow, it has games info ? I will check it out.

                                            BTW, I'm more familiar with Agatha Christie,
                                            especially Hercule Poirot, 'cause I read them when I
                                            was small (When I was in elementary school) and watch
                                            some episodes in TV. But, I don't remember anything
                                            about Poirot now, 'cause I was too small to read that
                                            novel. The only I remember, he has an assistant (who
                                            is the 'first person' in novel), and Poirot always
                                            mention tiny gray brain cell :).

                                            See ya.
                                            --- cherryfarm123@... wrote: > oh, it could
                                            be... coz this site is very famous for
                                            > it's information
                                            > and games.
                                            > (i haven't really read every message before i sent
                                            > you this)
                                            >
                                            > but enjoy this site... i think if you are more of an
                                            > Agatha Christie
                                            > fan (which I am), you will find even more info on
                                            > the net~
                                            >
                                            > Cheers,
                                            > Cherry
                                            >
                                            > --- In conan@y..., Eon Strife <eon_strife@y...>
                                            > wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Thanks for the site. But, is the site which Iman &
                                            > > Hibbah gave me unfiltered ?

                                            =====
                                            o DETECTIVE CONAN ______ ___.~~.__ .--. __ o
                                            .------------------------:___ \:___ __::__:: :
                                            < eon_strife@... ____: :.---' : .----' :
                                            `-----------------------/______//______/ /_______/
                                            o"There's only one truth" o
                                          • aero saru
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Aug 30, 2001
                                              Wait.... according to my book, there has only been 4 sherlock holmes novels
                                              (56 cases) published. But these 4 novels are only the ones that sir arthur
                                              conan doyle himself has written, not those ones that other ppl write using
                                              his characters.

                                              >From: "Hendra" <meijin@...>
                                              >To: <conan@yahoogroups.com>
                                              >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Slightly [OT] - Holmes still alive
                                              >Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:00:24 +0700
                                              >
                                              >Eon Strife <eon_strife@...> wrote:
                                              > > I never see those book in bookstore (especially in
                                              > > Gramedia). Can you tell me what is the publisher of
                                              > > the book, how does the book look like, etc. ?
                                              >
                                              >The publisher is Elex Media Komputindo (or gramedia? I forgot).
                                              >The book has the size of the uual novel. quite thick. The cover are all the
                                              >same (only the book title that changes), the picture of sherlock homes
                                              >smoking his.... his what? (a pipe with curved stem, what it's called?) with
                                              >a picture of a horse-drawn buggy (dokar) under a big stone gate (I'm not
                                              >quite sure about this) as a background.
                                              >I don't have any of those novels, I just borrowed it from my friend.
                                              >According to another friend of mine, there are 5 sherlock holmes novel that
                                              >has been translated into Indonesian.
                                              >
                                              >______
                                              >Hendra

                                            • Hendra
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Aug 31, 2001
                                                aero saru <aero4142@...> wrote:
                                                > Wait.... according to my book, there has only been 4 sherlock holmes
                                                novels
                                                > (56 cases) published. But these 4 novels are only the ones that sir
                                                arthur
                                                > conan doyle himself has written, not those ones that other ppl write
                                                using
                                                > his characters.

                                                well..... advanture, return, memoar, case book (kumpulan kasus, sorry,
                                                can't translate this into english), what else?

                                                ______
                                                Hendra
                                              • Pyro _______
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Sep 1, 2001
                                                  The 4 novels are: A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of Four, The Hound of the
                                                  Baskervilles, the Valley of Fear. The short stories are separated into The
                                                  Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Return of
                                                  Sherlock Holmes, His Last Bow, and the Case Book of SHerlock Holmes. I've
                                                  heard that most of them are available for reading online at
                                                  "http://www.geocities.com/shcases221b/".

                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Sep 1, 2001
                                                    I don't think the last two collections of short stories were written by Sir
                                                    Arthur Conan Doyle, though.

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Sep 1, 2001
                                                      Yeah, aren't those the only 4 novels there are?

                                                      >From: "Hendra" <meijin@...>
                                                      >To: <conan@yahoogroups.com>
                                                      >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Slightly [OT] - Holmes still alive
                                                      >Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:43:31 +0700
                                                      >
                                                      >aero saru <aero4142@...> wrote:
                                                      > > Wait.... according to my book, there has only been 4 sherlock holmes
                                                      >novels
                                                      > > (56 cases) published. But these 4 novels are only the ones that sir
                                                      >arthur
                                                      > > conan doyle himself has written, not those ones that other ppl write
                                                      >using
                                                      > > his characters.
                                                      >
                                                      >well..... advanture, return, memoar, case book (kumpulan kasus, sorry,
                                                      >can't translate this into english), what else?
                                                      >
                                                      >______
                                                      >Hendra

                                                    • aero saru
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Sep 1, 2001
                                                        Ah, I think you're right. I'm not so sure, because I have this big book
                                                        called "The Complete Sherlock Holmes", and in the contents page, it's all
                                                        confusing and stuff.

                                                        >From: "Pyro _______" <PyroKid888@...>
                                                        >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
                                                        >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Slightly [OT] - Holmes still alive
                                                        >Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 15:25:53 -0400
                                                        >
                                                        >The 4 novels are: A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of Four, The Hound of the
                                                        >Baskervilles, the Valley of Fear. The short stories are separated into The
                                                        >Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Return of
                                                        >Sherlock Holmes, His Last Bow, and the Case Book of SHerlock Holmes. I've
                                                        >heard that most of them are available for reading online at
                                                        >"http://www.geocities.com/shcases221b/".
                                                        >

                                                        > >From: "Hendra" <meijin@...>
                                                        > >To: <conan@yahoogroups.com>
                                                        > >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Slightly [OT] - Holmes still alive
                                                        > >Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:43:31 +0700
                                                        > >
                                                        > >aero saru <aero4142@...> wrote:
                                                        > > > Wait.... according to my book, there has only been 4 sherlock holmes
                                                        > >novels
                                                        > > > (56 cases) published. But these 4 novels are only the ones that sir
                                                        > >arthur
                                                        > > > conan doyle himself has written, not those ones that other ppl write
                                                        > >using
                                                        > > > his characters.
                                                        > >
                                                        > >well..... advanture, return, memoar, case book (kumpulan kasus, sorry,
                                                        > >can't translate this into english), what else?
                                                        > >
                                                        > >______
                                                        > >Hendra

                                                      • aero saru
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Sep 1, 2001
                                                          I think they're all written by A.C.D., since the book I have ("The Complete
                                                          Sherlock Holmes") has all of them, and everything in it are supposedly all
                                                          by him.

                                                          >From: "Pyro _______" <PyroKid888@...>
                                                          >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
                                                          >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Slightly [OT] - Holmes still alive
                                                          >Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 15:40:48 -0400
                                                          >
                                                          >I don't think the last two collections of short stories were written by Sir
                                                          >Arthur Conan Doyle, though.
                                                          >

                                                          > >From: "Pyro _______" <PyroKid888@...>
                                                          > >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
                                                          > >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Slightly [OT] - Holmes still alive
                                                          > >Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 15:25:53 -0400
                                                          > >
                                                          > >The 4 novels are: A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of Four, The Hound of the
                                                          > >Baskervilles, the Valley of Fear. The short stories are separated into
                                                          >The
                                                          > >Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Return of
                                                          > >Sherlock Holmes, His Last Bow, and the Case Book of SHerlock Holmes. I've
                                                          > >heard that most of them are available for reading online at
                                                          > >"http://www.geocities.com/shcases221b/".
                                                          > >

                                                          > > >From: "Hendra" <meijin@...>
                                                          > > >To: <conan@yahoogroups.com>
                                                          > > >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Slightly [OT] - Holmes still alive
                                                          > > >Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:43:31 +0700

                                                          > > >novels
                                                          > > >arthur
                                                          > > >using
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > >well..... advanture, return, memoar, case book (kumpulan kasus, sorry,
                                                          > > >can't translate this into english), what else?
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > >______
                                                          > > >Hendra

                                                        • Hendra
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Sep 2, 2001
                                                            Pyro _______ <PyroKid888@...> wrote:
                                                            > The 4 novels are: A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of Four, The Hound of the
                                                            > Baskervilles, the Valley of Fear. The short stories are separated into
                                                            The
                                                            > Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Return of
                                                            > Sherlock Holmes, His Last Bow, and the Case Book of SHerlock Holmes. I've
                                                            > heard that most of them are available for reading online at
                                                            > "http://www.geocities.com/shcases221b/.

                                                            I see, thare's been a misunderstanding about my perception about the word
                                                            "novel". Baka elex, they called the-book-you-called-short-stories with
                                                            "Novel".

                                                            ______
                                                            Hendra
                                                          • cherryfarm123@yahoo.com