Hi

  • 武 秋菊
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 13, 2001
      Hi everyone,
      I just joined this group, and then my computer broke down, so I haven't
      really gotten to know anyone. Sorry about that. Anyway, I got hooked on
      Conan when I went to Taiwan in 1999. Or 98? I'm not sure. Ever since then,
      I haven't seen anything new, because I live in America, unfortunately. The
      last episode I saw was the one after Ai came out. I really want to know
      what happens. Someone please tell me!
      I only have three questions right now,okay?
      1. I really want to know what happens in " Countdown to Heaven"? I've seen
      the "14th Target" and the one with the insane perfectly symetrical
      architect, but I really want to know what about this one okay? I want to
      know everything. Somebody please tell me?
      2. What is up with Ai? When did she reveal her real name? Did she ever
      tell Shinichi she loved him? When?
      I forgot my 3rd question, I 'll ask when I think of it later.
      Thanks everyone, I'm on vacation, so If you guys write me back, I won't
      know until later. My house is a mess, so I don't know when I'll be able to
      write back. Thanks again,bye.
      武秋菊
    • Veck Ale
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 14, 2001
        Hi everyone, well yesterday (friday) I sterted
        watching Conan (IN MY COUNTRY STARTED THAT DAY TO
        "RETRANSMITED") so I don't know very much about it,
        but a lot of peoplr told me that was grate, and I like
        very much detective stories, so I think I will like it
        very much.
        That is all
        Veck

        ¿Lo probaste?
        Correo gratis y para toda la vida en http://correo.yahoo.com.ar
      • jessica
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 14, 2001
          > From: ? ?? <butterfly4546@...>
          <snip>

          Welcome to the group. ;o

          > 1. I really want to know what happens in " Countdown to Heaven"? I've
          seen
          > the "14th Target" and the one with the insane perfectly symetrical
          > architect, but I really want to know what about this one okay? I want to
          > know everything. Somebody please tell me?

          This movie isn't coming out on video until September, so
          I can't say anything about it myself . . . However, there
          have been detailed messages about it posted to the list
          before, so I suggest you run a search in the list archives:

          spoilers for vols 18, 24, and the 4th movie

          > 2. What is up with Ai? When did she reveal her real name?

          I believe the first time her name makes an appearance is vol
          18 file 10, when she's remembering a conversation with her
          sister Akemi. It makes another appearance in vol 24, when
          Pisco is preparing to kill her. But oddly enough, I can't
          remember her ever actually telling anyone her real name,
          besides her codename Sherry. Can anyone fill in this blank
          in my memory, or is it really the case that none of the other
          characters know her name?

          > Did she ever tell Shinichi she loved him? When?

          No. ^^; They've never said that she's in love with him. There's
          a lot of sexual tension between them, but there's nothing
          concrete so far. I personally do think that her feelings for him
          are not as chilly as she'd like others to think, but there's been
          no talk of love.

          The closest thing we've come to it is in the 4th movie, where
          Ran loses her memories . . . While talking with Conan, Ai
          says, "I wish I could be rid of my memories! That my sister
          was killed, that I became part of the syndicate and created
          poisons . . . I wish I could forget everything, and become the
          mere elementary schooler Haibara Ai . . . And I would be with
          you always . . . always, like this . . ." Then she grins coolly
          and takes it all back, much to Conan's confusion. ^^;

          --jessica
          jiwbil at nethere dot com
          http://tbns.net/jubilee47
          ICQ# 94647725
        • Laura Hoak-Kagey
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 14, 2001
            Hello!

            > > 1. I really want to know what happens in "
            > Countdown to Heaven"? I've
            > seen
            > > the "14th Target" and the one with the insane
            > perfectly symetrical
            > > architect, but I really want to know what about
            > this one okay? I want to
            > > know everything. Somebody please tell me?

            Everything? Er, that would take a long time...but I
            can say that I don't think it was as good as the
            fourth one. (Yes, I ventured to the movie theater
            back in April, and was the only foreigner and girl
            around my age there. Oh well, who cares.) If I had a
            scanner, I'd scan in the pamphlet I bought at the
            movie theater...

            Anyway, I can translate the story from the
            pamphlet...here we go...

            One day, Edogawa Conan, Hakase, Haibara Ai and the
            Shonen Tantei group went camping. At the campsite,
            while everyone was asleep, Genta went to the bathroom
            and found Ai talking to someone on a public phone.
            The next day, Ai acted as if nothing had happened,
            mentioning nothing about her phone call from the
            previous night. Things seemed a little funny...On the
            way home from camping, the group stopped at the newly
            finished Twin Towers Building(Off note, there is a
            real Twin Towers in Nagoya, though it looks a little
            different...), where, by chance, they ran into Mouri
            Kogoro, Ran and Suzuki Sonoko. The owner of the
            building was the President of the computer software
            company called TOKIWA who had also been a
            lowerclassman of Kogoro's in his University years,
            named Tokiwa Mio. Before the grand opening of the
            building the following week, she had invited Kogoro &
            Co in order to give them a special tour of the
            building. Conan & Co were also shown around the
            building by Mio's secretary, Sawaguchi Chinami. They
            were told that the Twin Towers was the highest
            standing building in Japan. Also, everyone was led to
            a showroom of new inventions for the future. Among
            them was a machine that would scan your face, and
            produce a picture of what you would like in 10 years.
            (It malfunctioned when it tried to make Ai and Conan's
            future self pictures...and they never show Ran's
            picture.)

            They continued to the top floor of the building, where
            the opening party was to be held the following week.
            There they met the Japanese painter, Kisaragi Housui,
            the building designer, Kazama Hidehiko, and a city
            government official, Ooki Iwamatsu. Ooki had become
            drunk in the afternoon, and still was. He told them
            that Kazama was the apprentice of Moritani Teiji (the
            first name...if the kanji reading is right...names are
            the hardest), the culprit of a building explosion case
            Conan had been involved in before. Kisaragi stood
            there with a solemn expression. Mio also had a cool
            expression, which seemed a little suspicious to
            everyone.

            An employee, who came up the elevator to do some
            preparations for the party, told them that he saw a
            356A Black Porsche parked in front of the building and
            Conan was shocked to here those words. A 356A Black
            Porsche. That was the same model as the one owned by
            the Black Syndicate (a good trans for Kuroshoshiki?)
            who had forced Conan to take the drug, expecting to
            kill him. Also, they were the same ones who had
            killed Ai's older sister, Miyano Akemi. It was Gin's
            car. What were they doing here?! Conan hurried to
            the elevator, but after he reached the first floor and
            went outside to the front of the building, the car had
            already begun to drive away. Why the hell had the
            Black Syndicate come to this building?, Conan
            wondered.

            And then the first murder happened. Ooki had been
            stabbed and killed by someone in a room in the B tower
            of the Twin Towers. Conan & Co found him in the room
            he was staying in, which was the room he had been
            given by Mio when Ooki had asked to stay in the hotel.
            They then called Megure-keibu (Chief Inspector)
            because they wanted to tell him everything that had
            happened. Clutched in the dead Ooki's hand were two
            pieces of a broken sake cup. Megure-keibu and the
            police's reasoning was that could it be a dying
            message, trying to indicate the murderer. The
            suspects were Tokiwa Mio, Hara, Kisaragi, Kazama and
            Sawaguchi. Among them, Hara the programmer was the
            only one who had an alibi. If the broken sake cup was
            really a dying message, then who was it trying to lead
            them to? Conan found something amiss in one of the
            murder scene pictures. At the same time, Conan also
            had his mind on the Black Syndicate and what had
            happened earlier. There was probably a connection
            between the murder and the BS...

            Meanwhile, Ayumi, Mitsuhiko and Genta were planning to
            investigate the case on their own, but Conan noticed
            them. Finally, it was decided that all of the Shonen
            Tantei who would investigate the suspects. First,
            they visited the city government official's, Ooki's,
            workplace. Then, Kazama told them that he had never
            had any trouble with Ooki before. But when Conan & Co
            asked if Kazama knew any other people that Ooki may
            have had trouble with, Kazama showed a little bit of
            denial in his face (to his previous statement). As
            for Kisaragi, when they tried to ask him questions, he
            yelled at them. Without being able to ask him
            anything, he sent them off, each with a souvenir--a
            portrait of themselves, drawn by Kisaragi.

            In the middle of that night, Hakase awoke to find Ai
            making a secret phone call. There shouldn't be anyone
            for her to make a call to, he thought. Who in the
            world was she calling? He doubted Ai would turn back
            over to the Black Syndicate's side. Ai's suspicous
            actions continued. The day Conan & Co (not including
            Ai) planned to visit Hara, Ai appeared at the place
            they had all planned to meet before they went to visit
            him together. She said that she had an interest in
            the computer software Hara had made that everyone was
            waiting to come out, but in her true form, Ai had been
            the Black Syndicate's scientist. So of course she was
            already pretty well acquainted with computers.
            (Meaning she could have done the program herself.)
            Was there another reason Ai wanted to go to Hara's
            house?

            **Okay, this is not all of it, only about 2/3's, but I
            don't feel like doing the rest right now. :) I'll do
            it later...

            As for translation notes, there are two ways of
            translating. One is direct translation, and the other
            is translating so the same meaning is conveyed. I
            always do the second because usually if I did direct
            translation, it would sound funny. And any mistakes I
            made, sorry. :)

            Okay, hope this helps for now. I'll finish the rest
            later. Ja ne!
            ~Laura~

            =====
            On the Other Side...The World of Inuyasha
            http://animeforever.com/inuyasha
            What? You didn't know there was an IY anime? :) I would be the biggest fan. :D

            http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          • Shinichi Holmes
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 14, 2001
              Welcome! Sorry, but there ain't time for a welcome party... Hope you
              don't mind... [darts round the corner and dugs a hole to dive in]

              Shinichi Holmes ")
              ICQ NO: 84619870
            • 武 秋菊
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 16, 2001
                Thanks, jessica. I read um.. whatever its named. I read a fanfic about
                them and i thought something might have happened that i didn't know about.
                Can you tell me about "Countdown to Heaven" when it comes out,please? If
                anyone e-mails me with anything else about Ai's real name that you haven't
                told me, I'll tell you okay? Thanks

                武秋菊
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 25, 2001
                  possible spoilers for vol 28

                  --- In conan@y..., "ªZ ¬îµâ" <butterfly4546@h...> wrote:
                  > If anyone e-mails me with anything else about Ai's
                  > real name that you haven't told me, I'll tell you okay?

                  Thanks. ^^ I just remembered something else
                  now . . . Conan does know Ai's name by vol 28,
                  because he encounters it in (IIRC) a shrine
                  guestbook and is taken aback (much like the
                  reader is). However, I still can't remember
                  when she actually told him. ^^;; Maybe it
                  happened off camera and the reader is to
                  assume that it did take place.

                  --jessica. All I can think of is, "Kenshin . . .
                  Himura Kenshin. That is my name now." Ooh,
                  flashback to my former days of RuroKen otaku-dom... ^^;;
                • kid1413 conan
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 25, 2001
                    this is only my comment.
                    well this mailing service but there are 1 weaknees 1
                    day so many post see until i headach. acatlly this is
                    just like a forum(but by email) so why not go to a
                    detective conan forum and chat, it is better than here
                    right. i have just open a forum the address is
                    http://conanvskindaichi.community.everyone.net
                    from webmaster of conan VS kindaichi
                    http://www.geocities.com/conanvskid1413
                  • Marites Ragpala
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 28, 2001
                      Hi,

                      I am a new member of the group. may I ask where I can find pics (movie) of detective conan?

                      Yors truly,
                      Li Shiren

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 29, 2001
                        hi! My name is Li Shiren. I came from the Philippines too. I do read fanfics.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 22, 2001
                          Hi, Addea . . I'm new too . .

                          > I am from Malaysia too.Can i know more about u?
                          > --- Princess Terra Addea <PrincessAddea@...>
                          > wrote:
                          > > Konnichiwa...
                          > > Hello there! I'm Addea, a newbie ^^ Hope to get more
                          > > DC news here. I'm a Malaysian and a big fan of
                          > > Shinichi-Ran and Heiji-Kazuha.
                          > >
                          > > That's all. Douzo yoroshiku onegai shimasu..
                          > > ++ Addea ++
                          > > http://angelic.ipfox.com

                          > > "I will hold on the secret
                          > > But I don't know
                          > > What you will to do
                          > > For that I know you're always
                          > > Keeping your promises and secrets well..."
                          > http://personals.yahoo.com

                        • Princess Terra Addea
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 22, 2001
                            >Hi,Addea,
                            >
                            >>I am from Malaysia too.Can i know more about u?

                            Yep! Go here: http://angelic.ipfox.com

                            Make sure you use Internet Explorer^^

                            ++ Addea ++
                          • Dorabelle Anne Tolentino
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 28, 2001
                              hi! My name is Anne. I may not be a new member but I certainly want to know if you want to read fanfics. I'm from Philippines. Kamusta kayong lahat!!!!!!

                            • marife de guzman
                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 28, 2001
                                hello to you anne id love to!
                                im also from tha philippines too!
                                enjoy your stay in here!
                                marife to!

                                http://personals.yahoo.com
                              • Ice M Garcia
                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 1, 2001
                                  Hi there! Any Shinichi pics???
                                  conan@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                  __________________________________
                                  www.edsamail.com
                                • Bei-Bei Du
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 22, 2001
                                    Hi all,

                                    I'm in the unfortunate position of not being able to speak Japanese.
                                    Therefore watch Conan episodes over episode 105. (The pottery one) I've
                                    attempted learning Japanese by watching Conan in Japanese but so far I
                                    haven't had any luck. I can only speak Chinese and English so I'm stuck.
                                    I've learnt the Japanese character names though so I know a tiny bit but I
                                    REALLY REALLY REALLY want to watch more episodes, because I've watched
                                    episode 12-something in Japanese that features Ai Haibara for the first time
                                    and I think she is brilliant. I want to see more of her!

                                    Beibei
                                  • Shinichi Holmes
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Nov 23, 2001
                                      Hi Bei Bei! Well, I'm also unable to read Japanese or understand much of
                                      it... I've tried to master it by my own by its really too profound... But
                                      luckily, I always have some help from people in the group! I'm also only
                                      able to understand Chinese and English, so I guess we're kinda in the same
                                      boat. ^^ll Anyway, welcome!

                                      Shinichi Holmes ")
                                      ICQ NO: 84619870
                                    • detective conan
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Nov 23, 2001
                                        --- Bei-Bei Du <beibeidu@...> wrote:
                                        > Hi all,
                                        >
                                        > I'm in the unfortunate position of not being able to
                                        > speak Japanese.
                                        > Therefore watch Conan episodes over episode 105.
                                        > (The pottery one) I've
                                        > attempted learning Japanese by watching Conan in
                                        > Japanese but so far I
                                        > haven't had any luck. I can only speak Chinese and
                                        > English so I'm stuck.
                                        > I've learnt the Japanese character names though so I
                                        > know a tiny bit but I
                                        > REALLY REALLY REALLY want to watch more episodes,
                                        > because I've watched
                                        > episode 12-something in Japanese that features Ai
                                        > Haibara for the first time
                                        > and I think she is brilliant. I want to see more of
                                        > her!
                                        >
                                        > Beibei

                                        hehe.. yea.. i no exactly how ya feel... im in a jap.
                                        class in school right now.. but i don't think it
                                        helped at all... and from some where i heard that they
                                        aren't gonna get the next conan set out in hk until
                                        x-mas... but i could be wrong since i don't live there
                                        anymore... ^^

                                        shinigami *~*

                                        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1