destiny

  • Hendra
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
      I've just got this song from my friend. It takes sometimes to enjoy this
      song. First time I listen to the song, I thought it was a strange song.
      By the way, is the singer Matsuhashi Miki or Matsubashi Miki?

      Oh yeah, if anybody would like to download it, go to Silver Wind's Ginga,
      MP3 Section at http://suiko.net/lain/mp3

      ______
      Hendra
    • jessica
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
        > From: "Hendra" <meijin@...>
        > I've just got this song from my friend. It takes sometimes to enjoy
        > this song. First time I listen to the song, I thought it was a strange
        > song.

        When I first saw the video clip, I really liked it. But now having
        heard the full version . . . ^^;;; I'm reminded of why I don't like
        J-pop. I had a hard time listening to this version because of the
        off-key singing at points. The arrangement could've been less
        generic, too. It at least has a catchy melody, and the lyrics aren't
        too bad, either. But I think I prefer the OP animation to the song. ^^;

        > By the way, is the singer Matsuhashi Miki or Matsubashi Miki?

        From the cover of the single,
        < http://home.kimo.com.tw/chiconan/destiny/destiny2b.jpg >,
        it's MATSUHASHI Miki. (I thought it was Matsubashi at first
        because that's the more common way to pronounce it, but
        that's what you get with no furigana. ^^;;;;)

        --jessica. Now I have to go purify myself by listening to
        Nagayama Youko and Fuji Ayako's latest singles. ^_~
        jiwbil at nethere dot com
        http://tbns.net/jubilee47
        ICQ# 94647725
      • Hendra
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
          jessica <jiwbil@...> wrote:
          > When I first saw the video clip, I really liked it. But now having
          > heard the full version . . . ^^;;; I'm reminded of why I don't like
          > J-pop. I had a hard time listening to this version because of the
          > off-key singing at points. The arrangement could've been less
          > generic, too. It at least has a catchy melody, and the lyrics aren't
          > too bad, either. But I think I prefer the OP animation to the song. ^^;

          so, the anime version is better, eh? I think I'm gonna download it.
          By the way, have you romanized the lyric?

          ______
          Hendra
        • jessica
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
            > From: "Hendra" <meijin@...>
            > so, the anime version is better, eh? I think I'm gonna download it.

            I think the singing is better on the TV size OP, and
            the animation is also one of my favorites of the OPs. ^^

            > By the way, have you romanized the lyric?

            Yep, it's at my website . . .
            < http://www.tbns.net/jubilee47/conan-songs.html >

            --jessica. Dunno if the lyricist's name is right, but oh well. :p
            jiwbil at nethere dot com
            http://tbns.net/jubilee47
            ICQ# 94647725
          • Hendra
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2001
              hm. I've read the romanized lyrics. So, she oftenly says two letters at the
              same time (hm.. for you japanese, one sillable is one letter right?).
              I think Garnet Crow is better when doing this. *pointing at natsu no
              maboroshi*

              ______
              Hendra
            • jessica
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2001
                > From: "Hendra" <meijin@...>
                > hm. I've read the romanized lyrics. So, she oftenly says two letters
                > at the same time (hm.. for you japanese, one sillable is one letter
                right?).

                In the syllabaries hiragana and katakana (called "kana"),
                yes, one syllable/mora = one letter.

                I'm not quite sure if I know what you mean, but do you
                mean like when she tries to cram in more than one
                syllable (mora) on the same beat, or swallow a syllable?
                (Like with "ima utsutte iru", "shinjiteru itami hikikae ni", etc)
                That wasn't as evident on the TV version, and hearing it
                clearly on the full version kind of bugged me, especially
                when it was on an English word. ^^; I agree that Garnet
                Crow is better at that, and also better at singing overall . . .
                What bugged me the most about Destiny is the fact that
                the singer's voice was off key or toneless in several places. -_-;
                She needs to go back for some singing lessons before
                recording more . . . Then again, this kind of singing is
                common in J-pop. ::sigh::

                In case you were reading my romanization, I redid that
                one and uploaded it to my site today. ^^; I romanized it
                from the lyrics sheet before I heard the full version, and
                a couple modifications had to be made . . .

                --jessica.
                jiwbil at nethere dot com
                http://tbns.net/jubilee47
                ICQ# 94647725