Re: [conan] Conan Ranking in Japan (Manga)

  • Kumatenshi
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
      > How is Inu Yasha placing? My current favorite manga.

      I'm curious of that too, another of my favorite manga...I think it should be
      in the top 10 (or at least I hope). Anyone has the full ranking?

      ~~~ * Kumatenshi * ~~~
      http://www.animesong.cjb.net
      My greatest happines is the happiness of the person I truly love.
      ~Tomoyo Daidouji (Clamp's Card Captor Sakura)
    • Kumatenshi
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
        From: "jessica" <jiwbil@...>
        > Again indeed. ^^ Every new volume of Conan consistently hits
        > the #1 spot, and stays on the chart for several weeks.

        I know, I know which is very interesting (I initially thought GTO or HxH
        will take over Conan as HxH is getting so interesting now but noway, Conan's
        still the strongest! Do you call it "Muteki" in Japanese??? Ha ha ha)

        > > There's a short clip talking about that if you're interested.
        > > URL* http://www.kozakai.com/jc/download.htm
        >
        > I guess the server is down today . . .

        Yeap, they said it was down yesterday but I think it should be working now.

        > > I'm very happy because both Conan and HnterxHunter (my other
        > > favorite series) have high ranking in sales in Japan ^v^
        >
        > And Hikaru no go 11 was #18. ^^ (Yey!)

        Really? Why only 18...but I think Hikaru no go is a bit boring in that
        tankoban (because Sai has been shoved aside by Hikaru...woo woo but I'm
        glad though that he's coming out again to combat Akira's father in Jump
        lately. Yo ho!)

        > In other news, Conan DVD production has started up again.
        > May 25th: Part 7-1 (161, 163, 164, 165)

        Question: Does Conan DVD have English subtitles? Or is it raw Japanese?

        > And soundtrack recording for movie 5 finished up in the first
        > half of March. There were about 20 voice actors used, and it
        > only took a day to record.

        Can't wait for Kuraki Mai's song ^^

      • pheebz_gu@detectiveconan.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
          how is it that you peoples know so much about manga's lala japanese
          ETC ETC--- In conan@y..., "Kumatenshi" <nhfm2@c...> wrote:

> [...]
        • jessica
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
            Here is the address of the full ranking (in English)
            < http://www.oricon.co.jp/ranking/e_comic.asp?category=6&subcategory=3&term=1 >

            And I'll c/p it here, too:

            2 GTO 19 - TORU FUJISAWA KODANSHA
            3 HUNTER HUNTER 11 - YOSHIHIRO TOGASHI SHUEISHA
            4 BAKI 7 - KEISUKE ITAGAKI AKITASHOTEN
            5 HAJIME NO IPPO 56 - JoJI MORIKAWA KODANSHA
            6 VAGABOND 9 - TAKEHIKO INOUE KODANSHA
            7 MONSTER 16 - NAOKI URASAWA SHOGAKUKAN
            8 INUYASHA 20 - RUMIKO TAKAHASHI SHOGAKUKAN
            9 JIKUU IHOUJIN - KYOKO ARINA TANEMURA SHUEISHA
            10 GET BACKERS 10 - YUUYA AOKI(ORIGINAL STORY BY)/RANDO AYAMINE(ANIMATOR) KODANSHA
            11 HEAVEN 2 - NORIKO SASAKI SHOGAKUKAN
            12 KAGUYAHIME 17 - REIKO SHIMIZU HAKUSENSHA
            13 NARUTO 6 - MASASHI KISHIMOTO SHUEISHA
            14 ARMS 16 - RYOUJI MINAGAWA SHOGAKUKAN
            15 TOBAKUHAKAIROKU KAIJI 2 - NOBUYUKI FUKUMOTO KODANSHA
            16 SORA WA AKAIKAWA NO HOTORI 23 - CHIE SHINOHARA SHOGAKUKAN
            17 OISHINBO 79 - AKIRA HANASAKI SHOGAKUKAN
            18 HIKARU NO GO 11 - YUMI HOTTA(ORIGINAL STORY BY)/KEN OBATA(ANIMATOR) SHUEISHA
            19 RAVE 9 - HIRO MASHIMA KODANSHA
            20 SAMURAI DEEPER KYO 9 - AKIMINE KAMIJOU KODANSHA

            > From: "Kumatenshi" <nhfm2@...>
            > > From: "jessica" <jiwbil@...>
            <snip>
            > I know, I know which is very interesting (I initially thought GTO or HxH
            > will take over Conan as HxH is getting so interesting now but noway, Conan's
            > still the strongest! Do you call it "Muteki" in Japanese??? Ha ha ha)

            Yep, Conan is invincible. XD I hope it stays that way . . . as long as
            it ends when it should end. (Please no Dragonball-like longevity. >_<)

            > > > There's a short clip talking about that if you're interested.
            > > > URL* http://www.kozakai.com/jc/download.htm
            > >
            > > I guess the server is down today . . .
            >
            > Yeap, they said it was down yesterday but I think it should be working now.

            Ahh, good, good. I'm downloading it now. ^^

            > > And Hikaru no go 11 was #18. ^^ (Yey!)
            >
            > Really? Why only 18...but I think Hikaru no go is a bit boring in that
            > tankoban (because Sai has been shoved aside by Hikaru...woo woo but I'm
            > glad though that he's coming out again to combat Akira's father in Jump
            > lately. Yo ho!)

            Aww, really? Sai is my favorite character. I want more of him, not
            less. ;p~~ Well, I was just glad it made it into the top 20.

            > > In other news, Conan DVD production has started up again.
            > > May 25th: Part 7-1 (161, 163, 164, 165)
            > >
            > Question: Does Conan DVD have English subtitles? Or is it raw Japanese?

            Raw Japanese. I'm not sure if it has Japanese subs, though it'd
            be nice if it did . . . It'd be nice if it had English subs, too, but I doubt
            that's going to happen. Doing any subs for a DVD is a very
            time-consuming process.

            > > And soundtrack recording for movie 5 finished up in the first
            > > half of March. There were about 20 voice actors used, and it
            > > only took a day to record.
            > >
            > Can't wait for Kuraki Mai's song ^^

            Fufu . . . speaking of new songs, I'm curious about the new OP
            as well . . . (hiphop in Conan? oookay . . .)

            --jessica
            jiwbil at nethere dot com
            http://tbns.net/jubilee47
            ICQ# 94647725
          • Mafioso Misterioso
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
              > I'm very happy because both Conan and HnterxHunter (my other
              favorite series) have high ranking in sales in Japan ^v^

              Oh that is sooo cool!! ^__^ Well, I guess the sales ranks are
              fluctuated by the release of the particular manga title. For example,
              if Aoyama improved the storyline and they release Conan more often,
              I'm pretty sure there'll be more people buying it... well, of course
              we have to think about its negative effect on the long-term run.

              Doing those sorts of Accounting and Economics thingy are hard. I just
              finished my Accounting SAC 10 minutes ago, though ^__^

              Marsha
            • Mafioso Misterioso
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
                > Fufu . . . speaking of new songs, I'm curious about the new OP
                > as well . . . (hiphop in Conan? oookay . . .)

                Aaah, I want to have a street latin, or even samba Conan o__O wonders
                how Conan is supposed to swing Ran around >__^

                Marsha
                (creativity runs wild...)
              • jessica
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4, 2001
                  > From: "Mafioso Misterioso" <bbeq@...>
                  > > Fufu . . . speaking of new songs, I'm curious about the new OP
                  > > as well . . . (hiphop in Conan? oookay . . .)
                  >
                  > Aaah, I want to have a street latin, or even samba Conan o__O wonders
                  > how Conan is supposed to swing Ran around >__^

                  Ooh, that would be so cute! ^^ Ran would have to lead, in this case. ^^;;
                  Conan dancing . . . some non-parapara dancing would be nice . . .
                  Seeing Conan doing a dance like parapara was a bit of a stretch of
                  the imagination. ^^;;;

                  I'd really like to see an enka (Japanese traditional-styled pop) or
                  mawlum (Lao folk music) OP/ED, just because those are my favorite
                  kinds of music . . . ::hears groans from people who hate those
                  musics:: . . . I don't think either really fits the show, but I don't think
                  hiphop fits the show, either. ^_^;;; At least enka has dignity, and the
                  lyrics of some songs I've heard would fit the feelings of certain
                  characters . . .

                  > Marsha
                  > (creativity runs wild...)

                  Creativity is good. (Too bad I don't have much. . . >:p~)

                  --jessica
                  jiwbil at nethere dot com
                  http://tbns.net/jubilee47
                  ICQ# 94647725