Conan Special Edition (in Indonesia)

  • NextGen
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2001
      * Lurk mode : off*

      "Are they that bad? How are the plots/characterizations;
      do they hold any merit at all? "
      Actually, not that bad. Except for the fact that conan's cases in this book
      are much less complicated, even my brother can figure out the tricks ^_^
      And also the drawing is a bit off the mark compare to Aoyama sensei's .

      As for the plots/characterizations, I say they're pretty shallow, there's
      absolutely no major plot at all, so it's like Kindaichi, Conan just solve
      one case after another without no major plot in it. I personally prefer
      reading Krista's fan fic to this one (still waiting.......^_^) In fact, as I
      recall Conan has very little interaction with each other, not with Ran nor
      Ai, esp Ai, she hasn't even been introduce yet ^_^ (No Ai whatsoever in this
      manga). So if you're looking for a little romance in the special edition,
      you can kiss it goodbye, you ain't gonna find it anywhere.

      Why I say it's not bad... well for an Indonesian who has to wait every 3
      months or so to get a hold of new conan book while biting my finger nail in
      jealousy of those who've already watched the movies, read the 30-something
      manga,.. having some new Conan book (any new conan book )to read in the
      midst of all that, is DEFINITELY not bad ^__^

      Deniel

      *Lurk mode : on*
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2001
        --- In conan@y..., "NextGen" <deniel@u...> wrote:

        > "Are they that bad? How are the plots/characterizations;
        > do they hold any merit at all? "
        > Actually, not that bad. Except for the fact that conan's cases in
        > this book are much less complicated, even my brother can figure out
        > the tricks ^_^
        > And also the drawing is a bit off the mark compare to Aoyama
        > sensei's .

        Everybody should have known that.It's still better with Yamagishi
        Yiichi, but later you would see College undergradurates entering to
        the scene...
        It should be known that these mangas publishes on Shogakukan's Grade
        School Students' magazines.

        Samuel Curtis in School's MMLC