Re: [conan] A Little OT:Kudos?

  • Samuel Curtis-MMC
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3 8:10 AM
      Erika Narimatsu wrote:

      > Anyways. Shinichi means"new" and "one". One is in the number, not as a person.
      >
      > -Erika

      Or you might forgot that the "ichi" would also denote that he is the first son.
      Hence, I once wondered if Heiji had a older brother. (OK... Kogoro should he the
      fifth son of his father's...)

      > > Hey, just curious, but does Ayoma san have the intention of portraying
      > >the Kudos as glorious people?

      I've been attacked of using signature files having some of these meanings got
      accused of using "inapporiate wordings"! (See my message, "Chauvinism? Naivety?")

      --
      Samuel Curtis, Shinichian

    • Conan Detective
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4 3:43 AM
        --- Samuel Curtis-MMC <conanchristie@...> wrote:

        > Erika Narimatsu wrote:
        >
        > > Anyways. Shinichi means"new" and "one". One is in
        > the number, not as a person.
        > >
        > > -Erika
        >
        > Or you might forgot that the "ichi" would also
        > denote that he is the first son.
        > Hence, I once wondered if Heiji had a older brother.
        > (OK... Kogoro should he the
        > fifth son of his father's...)
        >
        > > > Hey, just curious, but does Ayoma san have
        > the intention of portraying
        > > >the Kudos as glorious people?

        I read from a book about the [Detective Conan no
        research], something like that, and it have been said
        that the surname Kudo is from another character from
        another the manga, I do not know how to say the title
        of the manga, but the first two kanji is tantei and
        then another two kanji behind.

        > I've been attacked of using signature files having
        > some of these meanings got
        > accused of using "inapporiate wordings"! (See my
        > message, "Chauvinism? Naivety?")
        >
        > --
        > Samuel Curtis, Shinichian
        >

        > Caritas Optimus Veritas
        > Love Ideal Truth

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://mail.yahoo.com.sg/
      • Mafioso Misterioso
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4 11:25 PM
          > Or you might forgot that the "ichi" would also denote that he is
          the first son.
          > Hence, I once wondered if Heiji had a older brother. (OK... Kogoro
          should he the
          > fifth son of his father's...)

          That means Kogorou's acting like a ratty little kid.
          *imitating his voice childishly* "MOMMY!! They gowt my police
          unifowm..."
          (Wasn't he a policeman? He was, right?)

          > > > Hey, just curious, but does Ayoma san have the intention
          of portraying
          > > >the Kudos as glorious people?

          Guess so... look at their life history: famous writer, ex star,
          famous young lad. I doubt he knows the meaning though [no defaming
          intended], since I heard once his English is not good...

          > I've been attacked of using signature files having some of these
          meanings got
          > accused of using "inapporiate wordings"! (See my
          message, "Chauvinism? Naivety?")

          Again? Why?

          Marsha