Re: [conan] Hi, I'm new here

  • Jessica R.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4 6:18 AM
      Welcome to the list! :)

      It's good to have a list member who actually lives in
      Japan. ^^; And I have a question . . . have you been
      able to see that special OAV of Conan, Kid, and Yaiba
      given out by Shougakukan recently (limited pressing)?
      I've been able to find very little info about it . . .
      Practically all the comments I've seen on fan sites were
      limited to, "It was nice." :p

      > I still haven't
      > picked up the Conan manga, mainly because I really enjoy watching the anime
      > series and I'm afraid I'll spoil it for myself if I read ahead of where the
      > tv series is.

      As long as you don't go beyond vol. 26, you shouldn't
      have anything to spoil for yourself. (All but 3 chapters
      of vol. 27 have been animated [the game center murder
      case]). Another problem would be the cost of buying
      all 30 volumes . . . ^^;;;

      > Other than the first couple of seasons, the only song
      > that really seems to be missing is the Two Mix theme,
      > but I've got single so I'm happy anyway.

      Oh, you have the single to "Truth"? I have another
      question . . . is the b-side meant for Conan, too? The
      lyrics sound like it could be a image song, but I haven't
      heard it yet . . .

      (Yey, another Ayatsuri Sakon fan! ^^)

      --jessica
      jiwbil at nethere dot com
      http://tbns.net/jubilee47
      ICQ# 94647725
    • Shinichi Holmes
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4 6:45 AM
        Wow! You mean you just migrated there! My are you lucky! That
        means that you are gonna get the latest Detective Conan mangas and VCDs
        before any other parts of the world do......
        Sob* wish I was living there too! Anyway, a very warm welcome
        to the list!~

        Shinichi Holmes (its gonna be a loooooong school term) ')
        ICQ No:84619870
      • jcaliff@ev1.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4 8:29 PM
          --- In conan@egroups.com, Kumatenshi <nhfm2@c...> wrote:
          > Welcome Jennifer!

          >Wow, you're really lucky, to be so close to the motherland of
          >Conan. I wonder where I can buy dolls of Conan if I'm not in
          >Japan. I'd really like to get a doll of Hattori (my favorite with
          >his cap on) and then a doll of Kaitou Kid! (That'd be so very cool
          >^v^).

          I actually haven't seen anything like that, but it would be cute! I
          only saw two different UFO catcher toys - one is Conan in his usual
          blue suit/red bowtie (the one I got) and the other is in school
          clothes with a little backpack.

          >I've seen your collection of Conan's anime cels, they're nice. You
          >like Tagaki & Sato a lot? I like them too and it seems the series
          >also begin to include them more often now. So far, however, my
          >favorite story of the two is the one about the criminal setting fire
          >(in vol. 27 of the manga) and I think it was also aired in Japan on
          >the TV already. Takagi was so cool in the episode. I'm glad I got
          >the opening of that episode.

          Those episodes were awsome!! The episodes that focus on the police
          officers are actually my favorites. Even a few weeks ago they showed
          one - I forget the actual title, something about Megure's secret (it
          was a story where kogaru were getting attacked).

          >If you have any information on Conan in Japan, especially about the
          >fifth movie, please keep us all posted!

          I will be at the theater the week it opens in Kochi. ^_^

          >By the way, I see you like the Legend of the Galatic Heroes. That
          >was one of my favorite series as well in the past but I was not a
          >crazy fan.

          You mean like me? ^_-

          >My friend actually read the 20 volumes of the novel, watch every
          >single ep of the series and talks about it sometimes even till
          >today. It is a pretty good but also very sad series.

          I've got the novels, but I can't read them - still much too difficult
          for me. I need pictures and furigana. But they have pretty pictures
          in the front covers.

          >Anyway, a big warm welcome to the list and I hope you will enjoy it!

          Thanks! I hope so too!

          Jennifer

          jcaliff@...
        • jcaliff@ev1.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4 8:42 PM
            --- In conan@egroups.com, "Jessica R." <jiwbil@n...> wrote:
            > Welcome to the list! :)
            >
            > It's good to have a list member who actually lives in
            > Japan. ^^; And I have a question . . . have you been
            > able to see that special OAV of Conan, Kid, and Yaiba
            > given out by Shougakukan recently (limited pressing)?

            I haven't even seen it anywhere except Yahoo! Japan auctions. I'll
            have to look around.

            > I've been able to find very little info about it . . .
            > Practically all the comments I've seen on fan sites were
            > limited to, "It was nice." :p
            >
            > > I still haven't
            > > picked up the Conan manga, mainly because I really enjoy watching
            the anime
            > > series and I'm afraid I'll spoil it for myself if I read ahead of
            where the
            > > tv series is.
            >
            > As long as you don't go beyond vol. 26, you shouldn't
            > have anything to spoil for yourself. (All but 3 chapters
            > of vol. 27 have been animated [the game center murder
            > case]). Another problem would be the cost of buying
            > all 30 volumes . . . ^^;;;

            Okay! I know what you mean about the cost - thank god for used book
            stores (Book-Off is my second home in Japan). Oh, and I got the
            cutest seal book from a bookstore in Tokyo (haven't seen it around
            here though). It's a Conan Marugoto Seal Book, with 25 pages of
            manga art stickers - some are for calendars, but others are just
            cute! And they aren't all of Conan and Ran - there is even a page
            with Satoh, Takagi, Megure, and Agasa stickers.

            > > Other than the first couple of seasons, the only song
            > > that really seems to be missing is the Two Mix theme,
            > > but I've got single so I'm happy anyway.
            >
            > Oh, you have the single to "Truth"? I have another
            > question . . . is the b-side meant for Conan, too? The
            > lyrics sound like it could be a image song, but I haven't
            > heard it yet . . .

            My guess would be yes. The song, "Key of Love" subtitle is "A
            Detective in Love" It's much slower - a ballad. I have another
            question about the single. There are at least three different
            package designs (one with Conan, one with Shinichi, and one with
            Ran). I only bought the one with Conan. Is there any difference
            between the three other than the packaging? And of course, there's a
            Quicktime file on the CD with an advertisement for Two Mix "FULL CG"
            video for TRUTH.

            > (Yey, another Ayatsuri Sakon fan! ^^)

            It's so cute. ^^ Shame it's only 4 volumes.

            Jennifer

            jcaliff@...
          • jcaliff@ev1.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4 8:46 PM
              --- In conan@egroups.com, "Shinichi Holmes" <holmes86@p...> wrote:
              > Wow! You mean you just migrated there! My are you
              lucky! That
              > means that you are gonna get the latest Detective Conan mangas and
              VCDs
              > before any other parts of the world do......

              Maybe not VCDs. They don't seem common in Japan - just tapes, LDs
              and DVDs. BTW, the newest episodes are now coming out on DVD - I've
              seen a couple of volumes at the store. I don't have my LD player
              here in Japan, but I did buy a PS2 specifically for playing Japanese
              DVDs. ^_^ So far I've only bought Hunter x Hunter DVDs, but as soon
              as some of my favorite episodes come out on the DVD I'll be buying
              them.

              Thanks for the warm welcome!!

              Jennifer

              jcaliff@...
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4 9:27 PM
                --- In conan@egroups.com, jcaliff@e... wrote:
                > > Oh, you have the single to "Truth"? I have another
                > > question . . . is the b-side meant for Conan, too? The
                > > lyrics sound like it could be a image song, but I haven't
                > > heard it yet . . .
                > >

                > My guess would be yes. The song, "Key of Love" subtitle is "A
                > Detective in Love" It's much slower - a ballad. I have another
                > question about the single. There are at least three different
                > package designs (one with Conan, one with Shinichi, and one with
                > Ran). I only bought the one with Conan. Is there any difference
                > between the three other than the packaging? And of course, there's
                > Quicktime file on the CD with an advertisement for Two Mix "FULL
                CG"
                > video for TRUTH.

                The three kinds of designs for the Single contained the same disc.
                But it should be noted that at the back, it would be Conan, Minami,
                and Shiina (Not other Conan characters you guessed) drawn by Aoyama.
                In the front the background are water, forest and desert.

                > Jennifer
                >
                > jcaliff@e...

                Samuel Curtis, waiting for the English oral exam...