Re: ENGLISH MANGAS !?

  • aChar!
    Message 1 of 8 , May 11, 2000
      OK, I understand what your feeling is, but...
      the problem is that there are NO English-translated Conan around!
      They
      might have well provide the anime and stuff, but anyway... learning
      Japanese or another European language might worth a lot. Some edition
      of languages around:
      1. Japanese (of course, otherwise we won't talk about Conan here)
      2. Chinese
      3. French
      4. Italian
      5. Spanish (?? I heard someone's talking about this...)
      6. Indonesian
      7. Thai/Siam
      I can't recall what else they put on... probably German??
      By the way, it's not useless to learn another language just to read
      Conan... I'm really sure one day you will get the chance to use it
      optimally to communicate with others.

      Marsha

      > please I'd like to know where can I buy ENGLISH translated mangas
      for
      > conan casefiles in the internet ?? I've seen FRENCH mangas for
      CONAN
      > but not english so far , unfortunately , I don't know either
      japanese
      > or french !! and so I need enligh mangas to read !!
    • jasmine ojeda
      Message 2 of 8 , May 12, 2000
        Hello,

        Like Sasami says, there are no English mangas with Conan right now,
        however, (I haven't done this, but I think it would work), you could buy the
        French manga, and when you get it, go to a translator on-line (like Alta
        Vista translator or Voila) and all you have to do is type in the text,
        translate on-line and there you have the english version!

        Jazz O

        >From: rafiq_qutub@...
        >To: conan@egroups.com
        >Subject: [conan] ENGLISH MANGAS !?
        >Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 10:47:40 -0000
        >
        >Dear all ,
        >please I'd like to know where can I buy ENGLISH translated mangas for
        >conan casefiles in the internet ?? I've seen FRENCH mangas for CONAN
        >but not english so far , unfortunately , I don't know either japanese
        >or french !! and so I need enligh mangas to read !!
        >
        >Rafiq Qutub
        >
        >rafiq_qutub@...

      • xoxoxo abcdef
        Message 3 of 8 , May 14, 2000
          I actually looking for the ENGLISh too here in australia, I've read the
          Indonesian version till the 21st series, I'm really look forward for the
          next one.

          >From: rafiq_qutub@...
          >To: conan@egroups.com
          >Subject: [conan] ENGLISH MANGAS !?
          >Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 10:47:40 -0000
          >
          >Dear all ,
          >please I'd like to know where can I buy ENGLISH translated mangas for
          >conan casefiles in the internet ?? I've seen FRENCH mangas for CONAN
          >but not english so far , unfortunately , I don't know either japanese
          >or french !! and so I need enligh mangas to read !!
          >
          >Rafiq Qutub
          >
          >rafiq_qutub@...

        • Jessica.
          Message 4 of 8 , May 15, 2000
            > From: aChar! <bbeq@...>
            >
            > OK, I understand what your feeling is, but...
            > the problem is that there are NO English-translated Conan around!
            > They might have well provide the anime and stuff, but anyway... learning
            > Japanese or another European language might worth a lot. Some edition
            > of languages around:
            > 1. Japanese (of course, otherwise we won't talk about Conan here)
            > 2. Chinese
            > 3. French
            > 4. Italian
            > 5. Spanish (?? I heard someone's talking about this...)

            Yes, it's been published up to volume 13 by Planeta de Agostini.
            AFAIK, that's all they're going to translate . . . ;_;

            > 6. Indonesian
            > 7. Thai/Siam
            > I can't recall what else they put on... probably German??

            Not that I've heard of . . . There is probably a Korean version,
            though. Does anyone know if there has been any manga published
            in Khmer or Vietnamese besides Chibi Maruko-chan? Or if there's
            any manga published in Tagalog?

            > By the way, it's not useless to learn another language just to read
            > Conan... I'm really sure one day you will get the chance to use it
            > optimally to communicate with others.

            Absolutely. Knowing another language is a good skill that also helps
            one find a better job.

            -Jessica
          • k a y
            Message 5 of 8 , May 29, 2000
              yah exactly there is no such thing as english mangas but wut;s the point any way when you can get to read conan in ur language like indonesian, thai, japanese, korean, french, chinese...huh? well any way I have come across a website that translate conan into english but it;s the only first volume so...

              On Sun, 14 May 2000 15:41:58 xoxoxo abcdef wrote:
              >I actually looking for the ENGLISh too here in australia, I've read the
              >Indonesian version till the 21st series, I'm really look forward for the
              >next one.
              >

              >>From: rafiq_qutub@...
              >>To: conan@egroups.com
              >>Subject: [conan] ENGLISH MANGAS !?
              >>Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 10:47:40 -0000
              >>
              >>Dear all ,
              >>please I'd like to know where can I buy ENGLISH translated mangas for
              >>conan casefiles in the internet ?? I've seen FRENCH mangas for CONAN
              >>but not english so far , unfortunately , I don't know either japanese
              >>or french !! and so I need enligh mangas to read !!
              >>
              >>Rafiq Qutub
              >>
              >>rafiq_qutub@...

              >Porsche Boxter. You and a friend. Nine dream days from
              >Napa Valley to Beverly Hills. Provided by CarsDirect.com.
              >Click to enter.
              >http://click.egroups.com/1/3993/5/_/_/_/958282920/
              >
              >Get paid when surfing ($$$/hour)?
              >It's EASY and REAL. Register and earn cash every day :
              >
              >https://secure.clickdough.com/servlets/cr/CRSignup.po?referral_id=mogs

              chickclick.com
              http://www.chickclick.com
              girl sites that don't fake it.