Re: [conan] ENGLISH MANGAS !?

  • rafiq_qutub@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 10, 2000
      Oh ....
      I am really sad to read this !!

      Rafiq

      --- In conan@egroups.com, Sasami <sasami20@e...> wrote:
      > There aren't any English version right now. Maybe in the future,
      there will
      > be, but not now ;_;
      >
      > -Sasami
      >

      > >Dear all ,
      > >please I'd like to know where can I buy ENGLISH translated mangas
      for
      > >conan casefiles in the internet ?? I've seen FRENCH mangas for
      CONAN
      > >but not english so far , unfortunately , I don't know either
      japanese
      > >or french !! and so I need enligh mangas to read !!
      > >
      > >Rafiq Qutub
      > >
      > >rafiq_qutub@h...
    • aChar!
      Message 2 of 8 , May 11, 2000
        OK, I understand what your feeling is, but...
        the problem is that there are NO English-translated Conan around!
        They
        might have well provide the anime and stuff, but anyway... learning
        Japanese or another European language might worth a lot. Some edition
        of languages around:
        1. Japanese (of course, otherwise we won't talk about Conan here)
        2. Chinese
        3. French
        4. Italian
        5. Spanish (?? I heard someone's talking about this...)
        6. Indonesian
        7. Thai/Siam
        I can't recall what else they put on... probably German??
        By the way, it's not useless to learn another language just to read
        Conan... I'm really sure one day you will get the chance to use it
        optimally to communicate with others.

        Marsha

        > please I'd like to know where can I buy ENGLISH translated mangas
        for
        > conan casefiles in the internet ?? I've seen FRENCH mangas for
        CONAN
        > but not english so far , unfortunately , I don't know either
        japanese
        > or french !! and so I need enligh mangas to read !!
      • jasmine ojeda
        Message 3 of 8 , May 12, 2000
          Hello,

          Like Sasami says, there are no English mangas with Conan right now,
          however, (I haven't done this, but I think it would work), you could buy the
          French manga, and when you get it, go to a translator on-line (like Alta
          Vista translator or Voila) and all you have to do is type in the text,
          translate on-line and there you have the english version!

          Jazz O

          >From: rafiq_qutub@...
          >To: conan@egroups.com
          >Subject: [conan] ENGLISH MANGAS !?
          >Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 10:47:40 -0000
          >
          >Dear all ,
          >please I'd like to know where can I buy ENGLISH translated mangas for
          >conan casefiles in the internet ?? I've seen FRENCH mangas for CONAN
          >but not english so far , unfortunately , I don't know either japanese
          >or french !! and so I need enligh mangas to read !!
          >
          >Rafiq Qutub
          >
          >rafiq_qutub@...

        • xoxoxo abcdef
          Message 4 of 8 , May 14, 2000
            I actually looking for the ENGLISh too here in australia, I've read the
            Indonesian version till the 21st series, I'm really look forward for the
            next one.

            >From: rafiq_qutub@...
            >To: conan@egroups.com
            >Subject: [conan] ENGLISH MANGAS !?
            >Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 10:47:40 -0000
            >
            >Dear all ,
            >please I'd like to know where can I buy ENGLISH translated mangas for
            >conan casefiles in the internet ?? I've seen FRENCH mangas for CONAN
            >but not english so far , unfortunately , I don't know either japanese
            >or french !! and so I need enligh mangas to read !!
            >
            >Rafiq Qutub
            >
            >rafiq_qutub@...

          • Jessica.
            Message 5 of 8 , May 15, 2000
              > From: aChar! <bbeq@...>
              >
              > OK, I understand what your feeling is, but...
              > the problem is that there are NO English-translated Conan around!
              > They might have well provide the anime and stuff, but anyway... learning
              > Japanese or another European language might worth a lot. Some edition
              > of languages around:
              > 1. Japanese (of course, otherwise we won't talk about Conan here)
              > 2. Chinese
              > 3. French
              > 4. Italian
              > 5. Spanish (?? I heard someone's talking about this...)

              Yes, it's been published up to volume 13 by Planeta de Agostini.
              AFAIK, that's all they're going to translate . . . ;_;

              > 6. Indonesian
              > 7. Thai/Siam
              > I can't recall what else they put on... probably German??

              Not that I've heard of . . . There is probably a Korean version,
              though. Does anyone know if there has been any manga published
              in Khmer or Vietnamese besides Chibi Maruko-chan? Or if there's
              any manga published in Tagalog?

              > By the way, it's not useless to learn another language just to read
              > Conan... I'm really sure one day you will get the chance to use it
              > optimally to communicate with others.

              Absolutely. Knowing another language is a good skill that also helps
              one find a better job.

              -Jessica
            • k a y
              Message 6 of 8 , May 29, 2000
                yah exactly there is no such thing as english mangas but wut;s the point any way when you can get to read conan in ur language like indonesian, thai, japanese, korean, french, chinese...huh? well any way I have come across a website that translate conan into english but it;s the only first volume so...

                On Sun, 14 May 2000 15:41:58 xoxoxo abcdef wrote:
                >I actually looking for the ENGLISh too here in australia, I've read the
                >Indonesian version till the 21st series, I'm really look forward for the
                >next one.
                >

                >>From: rafiq_qutub@...
                >>To: conan@egroups.com
                >>Subject: [conan] ENGLISH MANGAS !?
                >>Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 10:47:40 -0000
                >>
                >>Dear all ,
                >>please I'd like to know where can I buy ENGLISH translated mangas for
                >>conan casefiles in the internet ?? I've seen FRENCH mangas for CONAN
                >>but not english so far , unfortunately , I don't know either japanese
                >>or french !! and so I need enligh mangas to read !!
                >>
                >>Rafiq Qutub
                >>
                >>rafiq_qutub@...

                >Porsche Boxter. You and a friend. Nine dream days from
                >Napa Valley to Beverly Hills. Provided by CarsDirect.com.
                >Click to enter.
                >http://click.egroups.com/1/3993/5/_/_/_/958282920/
                >
                >Get paid when surfing ($$$/hour)?
                >It's EASY and REAL. Register and earn cash every day :
                >
                >https://secure.clickdough.com/servlets/cr/CRSignup.po?referral_id=mogs

                chickclick.com
                http://www.chickclick.com
                girl sites that don't fake it.