[conan] Re: Help

  • Honggo Wijaya
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 9, 2000
      i suggest that you tried it several times before you
      judging. check it first, maybe the line is very busy
      at that time or maybe there is something wrong or
      there is an error. check it first..

      --- Kid Kay <sherlockc@...> wrote:
      > �can anyone tell me why I can't get any messages
      > from this ml since
      > 3/2? and how's for the next?
      >
      > �kay

      > eLerts!
      > It�s easy. It�s fun. Best of all, it�s free.

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=conan&m=1

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Kid Kay
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 10, 2000
        »thanks. finally i get the mails again. i've unsubsribed before i subscribed
        this ml again. i'm back again.
        »Kid Kay

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 3, 2001
          Hi all,

          I have a question.  Could anyone explain to me what is meant by release date for CDs in Japan? The reason I ask this is because I was browsing through Napster and I discovered that people already have got Start in My Life and the full version of it! When I first found the TV version, I thought it wasn't strange because people could have recorded from the TV but when I found the full version, I'm really surprised.    Start in my life, as Erika has mentioned before is the new ending of Conan by Kuraki Mai and the advertisements says its supposed to be out by the 7th of February? How come so many people have got it already! I'm just curious..

          Oh I have another question, can anyone kindly tell me the last name of Shiho ( I don't know the romanization) and also the name of her sister.  Since I have a really terrible memory, I would like to ask how much has been revealed about Shiho's past? I think basically, we know that Shiho has a sister...her parents are affiliated with the Dark Organization and were supposed to produce the medicine but it was finally Shiho who managed to advance to its present stage.  Any other information that's been mentioned? I can't remember >_< because I don't have my manga with me.

          Thanks very very much

          ~~~ * Kumatenshi * ~~~
          http://www.animedreamworld.com
          My greatest happines is the happiness of the person I truly love.
          ~Tomoyo Daidouji (Clamp's Card Captor Sakura)

        • Cherie Ponsuwanna
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 3, 2001
            > Oh I have another question, can anyone kindly tell
            > me the last name of Shiho ( I don't know the
            > romanization) and also the name of her sister.
            Her last name is Miyano. And her sister's name is
            Akemi.

            > Since I have a really terrible memory, I would like
            > to ask how much has been revealed about Shiho's
            > past? I think basically, we know that Shiho has a
            > sister...her parents are affiliated with the Dark
            > Organization and were supposed to produce the
            > medicine but it was finally Shiho who managed to
            > advance to its present stage. Any other information
            > that's been mentioned? I can't remember >_< because
            > I don't have my manga with me.
            Not much. As far as I know, Shiho was sent to America
            when she was very young. It means she and Akemi had
            been seperated and never met each other until Shiho
            came back to work for the org. Nevertheless, looks
            like Akemi loves her sister very much that she could
            die for her.

            Remember Pisco? He told her in vol 24 that he'd been
            friend of her parents. He knew Shiho well since he
            saw her in her young life, and that's how he
            recognized Ai.

            Also, in vol 24, when Dr. Agasa asked Ai what she
            would do next. She said she should run away from Beika
            so that Conan wouldn't be dragged into her own problem
            anymore. Then Conan said to himself, "Then there's
            nothing to worried." I'm interested in his words.
            Maybe at the very first time, Conan still didn't
            believe everything Ai told him. He might think she's
            spy or something from the org. But after she's almost
            killed, he changed his mind.
            For Ai, I imagine her being in a deep sorrow. She had
            no way to go, no place to hide, and no one to trust.
            Even Conan, he didn't believe her too. She must feel
            very lonely. But after some "story arc," Conan seemed
            to understand her, and Ai may feel relax enough to
            open her mind.

            Sorry if it's too long and not too your point. ^ ^;

            Cherie

            a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          • jessica
            Message 5 of 15 , May 13, 2001
              > Kumatenshi wrote:
              > Could anyone explain to me what is meant by release date for CDs in
              > Japan? The reason I ask this is because I was browsing through
              > Napster and I discovered that people already have got Start in My Life
              > and the full version of it! <snip> Start in my life, as Erika has
              > mentioned before is the new ending of Conan by Kuraki Mai and the
              > advertisements says its supposed to be out by the 7th of February?

              My guess is either those people got an early overseas release, or the
              record stores just released it early. I know in the case of bookstores
              and video stores, they often receive the items a couple weeks before
              the official release date, but aren't allowed to put them on the shelves
              until that date arrives. Some go ahead and release them early, anyway.
              It doesn't help their relationship with the distributor, though . . .

              > I would like to ask how much has been revealed about Shiho's past?
              > I think basically, we know that Shiho has a sister...her parents are
              > affiliated with the Dark Organization and were supposed to produce
              > the medicine but it was finally Shiho who managed to advance to its
              > present stage.

              Also, her parents died in an accident soon after she was born,
              so she wouldn't remember them. But Akemi might. It isn't
              mentioned at all of what kind of people their parents were,
              besides being chemists.

              > From: "Cherie Ponsuwanna" <ppcherie@...>
              > Not much. As far as I know, Shiho was sent to America
              > when she was very young. It means she and Akemi had
              > been seperated and never met each other until Shiho
              > came back to work for the org. Nevertheless, looks
              > like Akemi loves her sister very much that she could
              > die for her.

              Shiho knew that the reason Akemi stayed in the organization
              was so she could try to get Shiho out of it. We aren't told
              what kind of things Akemi had to do besides steal, but I'm
              sure they all weighed heavily on her heart . . . After all, Shiho
              said that her hands had become stained with the deeds of the
              organization. Perhaps Akemi had lost hope for regaining a
              normal, guilt-free life, and thought that the young Shiho still
              had a chance to get out before she too lost her innocence
              with the syndicate. But she probably wasn't aware of how
              deep Shiho had gotten, even deeper than she herself had.
              And who knows what kind of childhood and adolescence
              Shiho had at the hands of the syndicate, unlike Akemi, who
              had a chance to live a semblance of a normal life in Japan.

              > Remember Pisco? He told her in vol 24 that he'd been
              > friend of her parents. He knew Shiho well since he saw
              > her in her young life, and that's how he recognized Ai.

              He had also heard a lot about her parents' drug projects
              from them, so he might've had a clue about the possible
              effects of APTX 4869 . . .

              Other than that, there hasn't been anything more revealed about
              Shiho's past in recent books; nothing that I can remember.
              But there have been a few interesting developments involving
              the MIB, and I'll write my thoughts concerning those in
              another post . . .

              Someone should write a webpage or essay for tracking all the
              activities and foreshadowing and weird stuff the syndicate has
              done so far. It's almost getting as confusing as the conspiracy
              stuff in the X-Files. ^^;;; Well, maybe not that bad.

              --jessica, who has 215 back messages from conan list in her
              inbox, and would like to reply to . . . most of them . . . o_o;
              jiwbil at nethere dot com
              http://tbns.net/jubilee47
              ICQ# 94647725