[conan] Fw: [xinxinmanga] Fw: Fwd

  • Anton Hariadi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 1998
      I know it looks long, but please read it.....
      A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming
      home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his
      parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming
      home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like
      to bring home with me." "Sure," they replied,"we'd love to
      meet him."=20
      "There's something you should know the son continued,
      he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on
      a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere
      else to go, and I want him to come live with us."
      "I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find
      somewhere to live." "No, Mom and Dad, I want him to
      live with us." "Son," said the father, "you don't know
      what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap
      would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives
      to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with
      our lives. I think you should just come home and forget
      about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."
      At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents
      heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however,
      they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their
      son had died after falling from a building, they were told.
      The police believed it was suicide. The grief-stricken
      parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city
      morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized
      him, but to their horror they also discovered something
      they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.
      The parents in this story are like many of us.
      We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to
      have around, but we don't like people who
      inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather
      stay away from people who aren't as healthy,
      beautiful, or smart as we are.
      Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way.
      Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that
      welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed
      up we are.
      Tonight, before you tuck yourself in for the night, say a
      little prayer that God will give you the strength you need
      to accept people as they are, and to help us all be more
      understanding of those who are different from us!!!
      There's a miracle called Friendship That dwells in the heart
      You don't know how it happens Or when it gets started
      But you know the special lift It always brings
      And you realize that Friendship Is God's most
      precious gift! Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed.
      They make you smile and encourage you to succeed
      They lend an ear, they share a word of praise,
      and they always want to open their hearts to us.
      Show your friends how much you care....
      Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND.
      If it comes back to you, then you'll know you
      have a friend for life.
      I don't want you to think of this as a chain
      letter but just think about the story as a reminder
      of how lucky you really are.
      "life is life and everyone goes on and we will all
      live our lives withhappy."