[conan] Re: It might be as bad as it haven't been on...

  • killer
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 3, 1999
      I don't know how to spam. Please teach me how.
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 4, 1999
        Speaking on Pokemon, TVB did have a good time for it -- 17:00-17:30,
        Mon-Fri, in summer holidays! Maybe the folks there thought it have more
        ad potential...

        "Marsha D. Siagian" wrote:

        > Last question: Should I try to spam TVB for this reason?

        Yes! Spam them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        This seems to be an annoyance for Conanians, but TV stations always do this
        kind of tricks, and kick all the anime out. For instance, Pokemon is moved
        out from Saturday 6 pm to Monday 5 am. Then NGEvangelion and Gun Smith Cats
        are all over...

        I'd spam everyone who dare hold Conan on, either the publishers or
        directors...

        > [Click Here!]
        > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/conan

        Glory be to all Conanians!
      • Marsha D. Siagian
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 5, 1999

          >I don't know how to spam. Please teach me how.

          Just attach a 2-MB file, save the draft and send it to them 10 times. I
          recommend you to use complete walkthrough of FFVII or FFVIII, they're quite
          a lot ^__^
          Copy the text on the same file for several times, so the file would blow up
          rapidly.

          However, never spam this mailing list or to the member(s) personally or I'll
          nuke you!!!

          Marsha
          (am I that naughty/cruel?)

        • Sasami
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 5, 1999
            I think spamming a company might be a bad thing. If you guys want the TV
            company to start airing Conan regularly you should write in letter to the
            TV company, to the company that does the translating, and to any parent
            company, stock holders, etc about why you want to see Conan regularly. Tell
            them how you enjoy the program. Spamming a company with a 2MB file of
            FFVIII walkthrough would make you look like an idiot and they won't take
            you seriously. Never take an angry tone in the letter and always say thank
            you at the end. Trust me, I've written to companies and they do read them.
            Don't just e-mail them, use a computer and type it out in business format
            and print it, sign it and mail it. And don't use the same letter over and
            over. Change some of it around then print, sign, and mail. When you mail
            it, they have a hard copy of your feelings, and they'll know you took the
            time to sign it and stamp it and everything. Use nice paper, too. Okay? So
            don't spam!
          • Fardileon Nicoln
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 5, 1999
              I can't say what you had said in a better manner...
              WELL DONE. I can't agree with you more than this.

              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 5, 1999
                I myself hates spamming too -- the question itself only expresses anger. I'm trying to be a 'kosher' person.

                Sasami wrote:

                > I think spamming a company might be a bad thing. If you guys want the TV
                > company to start airing Conan regularly you should write in letter to the
                > TV company, to the company that does the translating, and to any parent
                > company, stock holders, etc about why you want to see Conan regularly. Tell
                > them how you enjoy the program. Spamming a company with a 2MB file of
                > FFVIII walkthrough would make you look like an idiot and they won't take
                > you seriously. Never take an angry tone in the letter and always say thank
                > you at the end. Trust me, I've written to companies and they do read them.
                > Don't just e-mail them, use a computer and type it out in business format
                > and print it, sign it and mail it. And don't use the same letter over and
                > over. Change some of it around then print, sign, and mail. When you mail
                > it, they have a hard copy of your feelings, and they'll know you took the
                > time to sign it and stamp it and everything. Use nice paper, too. Okay? So
                > don't spam!

                > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/conan

                Glory be to all Conanians!
              • Cherie Ponsuwanna
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 6, 1999
                  > Speaking on Pokemon, TVB did have a good time for it
                  > -- 17:00-17:30,
                  > Mon-Fri, in summer holidays! Maybe the folks there
                  > thought it have more
                  > ad potential...
                  They just thought about money and money.

                  > > Last question: Should I try to spam TVB for
                  > this reason?
                  Although I want to end it up with peace, what they did
                  is too unreasonable. So...
                  > Yes! Spam them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Do it!

                  > This seems to be an annoyance for Conanians, but
                  > TV stations always do this
                  > kind of tricks, and kick all the anime out. For
                  > instance, Pokemon is moved
                  > out from Saturday 6 pm to Monday 5 am. Then
                  > NGEvangelion and Gun Smith Cats
                  > are all over...
                  I'm sorry with you all out there. My problem looks
                  much smaller than yours. Mine, they just cut op/end
                  theme, 3-minutes-long commercial break (avenrage time
                  for commercial break is 2 minutes for prime-time, yes
                  I've counted that.), and bad dubb.
                  Business world, money, money, money.

                  > I'd spam everyone who dare hold Conan on, either
                  > the publishers or
                  > directors...
                  Go ahead!

                  =====

                • Jono Leon
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 6, 1999
                    What's spam? and where do we save the FF7 stuff to?

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 6, 1999
                      Sorry about my language...

                      >> Speaking on Pokemon, TVB did have a good time for it
                      >> -- 17:00-17:30,
                      >> Mon-Fri, in summer holidays! Maybe the folks there
                      >> thought it have more
                      >> ad potential...
                      >They just thought about money and money.

                      Everyone thinks of money. Money makes the world go round. There's no
                      escaping it. (I hate Republicans...*grumble grumble*)

                      >> > Last question: Should I try to spam TVB for
                      >> this reason?
                      >Although I want to end it up with peace, what they did
                      >is too unreasonable. So...
                      >> Yes! Spam them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      >Do it!

                      Did you guys not hear me? Spamming them WILL NOT help you at all! They're
                      going to cancel Conan in your area altogether! They're the ones with the
                      power to decide, not you. The only thing the viewers have is their power to
                      express their opinion. If the executives think that they won't make money
                      off of Conan because they don't get a letter that expresses your desire to
                      see that anime, then of course they're not going to give a rat's ass about
                      it! Spamming is only irrational emotion! If you really care about Detective
                      Conan, write to the TV station and tell them how you think Conan is quality
                      programming! Don't write about how they're stupid for doing what they're
                      doing. They're not going to like that at all. Write about how great the
                      program is, and how you think it's wonderful that that TV station picked it
                      up. Lie through your teeth if you have to, just make it sound genuinely
                      sencere, OKAY?!?!?!?!?

                      SO DON'T SPAM!!!!!

                      >> This seems to be an annoyance for Conanians, but
                      >> TV stations always do this
                      >> kind of tricks, and kick all the anime out. For
                      >> instance, Pokemon is moved
                      >> out from Saturday 6 pm to Monday 5 am. Then
                      >> NGEvangelion and Gun Smith Cats
                      >> are all over...
                      >I'm sorry with you all out there. My problem looks
                      >much smaller than yours. Mine, they just cut op/end
                      >theme, 3-minutes-long commercial break (avenrage time
                      >for commercial break is 2 minutes for prime-time, yes
                      >I've counted that.), and bad dubb.
                      >Business world, money, money, money.

                      Commercials is how they make money off of you. The more commercial they can
                      pack in, the more money they can make, the more incentive for them to keep
                      the program. Commercials suck, but bear with it! (Damn those Republican TV
                      execs! I want a VCR that doesn't record the commericals! They're illegal in
                      the US! The only place to get it is in Japan, or where ever else it's
                      legal, GRRR!!)

                      >> I'd spam everyone who dare hold Conan on, either
                      >> the publishers or
                      >> directors...
                      >Go ahead!

                      DON'T SPAM!

                      -Sasami
                    • Andrea Kastner
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 6, 1999
                        > the program. Commercials suck, but bear with it!
                        > (Damn those Republican TV
                        > execs! I want a VCR that doesn't record the
                        > commericals! They're illegal in
                        > the US! The only place to get it is in Japan, or
                        > where ever else it's
                        > legal, GRRR!!)

                        Sasami, so, you're from the US?
                        And you hate Republicans?
                        WELCOME!!! We all love you! I don't even live in the
                        USA but I hate american republicans! (let's just say
                        we had some bad experiences with some american
                        exchange students).
                        Anyways, we should be talking about Conan, so I'll
                        stop before this becomes too political!
                        ~^_^~

                        By the way, does it really exist, a VCR that doesn't
                        record commercials? And why is it illegal?

                        Too many questions...... ^_^

                        =====

                      • Sasami
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 6, 1999
                          >Sasami, so, you're from the US?
                          >And you hate Republicans?

                          Yes, I'm from the US, and I hate Republicans. I'm a Democrat.

                          >WELCOME!!! We all love you! I don't even live in the
                          >USA but I hate american republicans! (let's just say
                          >we had some bad experiences with some american
                          >exchange students).
                          >Anyways, we should be talking about Conan, so I'll
                          >stop before this becomes too political!
                          >~^_^~

                          Yes, let's stop, I could go on forever.

                          >By the way, does it really exist, a VCR that doesn't
                          >record commercials? And why is it illegal?

                          They exist in Japan, for sure. I really want one, but the companies who
                          advertise through TV commercials don't want them in the US. Since they have
                          money and power, they managed to keep them out of the US, sux, huh? The
                          VCRs can tell when a commercial comes on and automatically pauses or
                          something, I'm not really sure how it works though.

                          -Sasami
                        • Leona Chan
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 8, 1999
                            hi I am from Hong Kong ,nice to meet you ,I think Tvb
                            sucks,I don't know why they have cut the conan series
                            ,but anyways ,I think they are just sucks!
                            -alex

                            =====

                          • Marsha D. Siagian
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 8, 1999

                              >hi I am from Hong Kong ,nice to meet you ,I think Tvb
                              >sucks,I don't know why they have cut the conan series
                              >,but anyways ,I think they are just sucks!
                              >-alex

                              Hi, nice to meet you!
                              Some people are... well, those kinda materialistic. Basically, we can just
                              wait until they change their minds...

                              (Anyway, are you new? Recently I start forgetting everything... ~__~)

                            • Leona Chan
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 9, 1999
                                hello, I am not new ,I have read your people's mail
                                for a long time ,but I am just don't seems to reply
                                your mail.

                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 10, 1999
                                  Hooray! TVB would play Baron Night next Sunday -- according to TVB's official scehdule the time would 12:25-1:50 midnight -- what else except Baron Night, which have the length of 3 episodes? (Hope they don't change the schedule again...)

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 10, 1999
                                    Hi, Leona!
                                    Well, nice to meet you too! ^_^
                                    Welcome!
                                    By the way, how long have you been here? (just out of
                                    curiosity...)

                                    =====

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 11, 1999
                                      hmm....about three months!!About!!!