FUNimation

  • vegasmazza3
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
      They released the 1st movie on Oct 3rd... they should probably go a bit
      faster huh?
    • Morgan Majoros
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2006
        a-greed! i cant wait till they release the others in the future.

        vegasmazza3 <VegasMazza3@...> wrote:
        They released the 1st movie on Oct 3rd... they should probably go a bit
        faster huh?

      • Erika Narimatsu

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 27, 2006
            Erika Narimatsu wrote:
            > I saw the 1st movie at Best Buy yesterday and immediately bought it!
            > ^^; I watched it (more like listened to it) while I was working. The
            > original Japanese first and then the English dub second. Some
            > inconsistencies in the translation, but oh well.
            >
            > I wish I had my original translations for the first movie. It would be
            > nice to compare their translation with my translations. If anyone has
            > a copy of my translations (as Sasami) from like 7 years ago, let me
            > know, lol. I'd like to have a copy of it again!
            >
            > -Erika
            Watching Movie 1 again in 2006 would make me wonder: if the newer fans
            watched this, would they be surprised by the lack of terrorism
            preparedness in the movie. Beika Tower is a landmark, and after 3 bomb
            explosions in the same day, using the standards, Ran's movie night
            would have been called off already since the multiplex would be closed
            already.

            The Kurogawa story in the opening shown some ingenious editing on FUNi's
            part.

            --
            Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. "shinri ha itsumo hitotsu!"

            "Veritas and Sapienta"--"Truth and Wisdom"