Conan figures!

  • W.M. Chichiri
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 21, 2005
      This just in, the following is the Press Release
      Southern Island distributes on their mailing list,
      announcing Case Closed figures (as well as figures
      from some of FUNimation's other properties) are
      forthcoming! Here's the press release:

      "Navarre's FUNimation Entertainment Awards Case Closed
      Master Toy License to Southern Island
      Action Figure licenses for Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits
      Basket and Blue Gender also awarded
      MINNEAPOLIS, (JUNE 21, 2005) -- Navarre Corporation
      (Nasdaq: NAVR), a leading publisher and distributor of
      a broad range of home entertainment and multimedia
      software products, today announced that its
      wholly-owned subsidiary FUNimation® Entertainment has
      awarded the Master Toy License for Case Closed™, the
      popular anime series known as Detective Conan in
      Japan, to Southern Island LLC. Southern Island was
      also awarded action figure licenses for FUNimation's
      Fullmetal Alchemist™, Fruits Basket® and Blue Gender®
      properties.

      "Southern Island is a premier manufacturer of action
      figures for burgeoning markets such as anime, comics
      and video games and we are very pleased to partner
      with them," said Gen Fukunaga, president and CEO of
      FUNimation Entertainment. "They understand the
      charisma of dynamic anime brands like Case Closed,
      Fruits Basket and Blue Gender, and they recognize the
      strong cross over appeal that Fullmetal Alchemist
      brings to the mass market."

      Southern Island signed four-year licenses for Case
      Closed, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket and Blue
      Gender. The company will develop highly-articulated 6-
      to 8-inch action figures as well as a deluxe, 10- to
      12-inch action figure lines for all properties.
      Southern Island will also develop busts and statues
      for Fruits Basket and Blue Gender. The company expects
      to show product for 2006 as early as American
      International Fall Toy Show this October.

      About Southern Island
      Southern Island LLC is a premier manufacturer of
      action figures, statues and busts for the comic, anime
      and video game markets. Comprising of today's leading
      artists, sculptors and licensors, Southern Island LLC
      is committed to creating innovative and high-quality
      products, including such licenses as Judo Girl™,
      Legend of Isis™, Tenth Muse™, Victoria's Secret
      Service™ and Zoo™. For more information on Southern
      Island or their products, please visit
      [url]www.southernisland.com[/url].

      About FUNimation Entertainment
      FUNimation® Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary
      of Navarre Corporation (NASDAQ: NAVR), is a brand
      management company and one of the nation's leading
      independent home video entertainment companies. The
      company has a proven formula for launching and
      advancing brands, and manages a full spectrum of
      rights with its brands including broadcasting,
      licensing, production, internet, and home video sales
      and distribution. For images, or more information on
      FUNimation or any of its properties, contact Jeff
      Dronen at 817-788-0627, ext. 251 or
      [email]jeff.dronen@...[/email].

      About Navarre Corporation
      Navarre Corporation (Nasdaq: NAVR - News) is a
      publisher and distributor of a broad range of home
      entertainment and multimedia products, including PC
      software, CD audio, DVD and VHS video, video games and
      accessories. Since its founding in 1983, the company
      has established distribution relationships with
      customers across a wide spectrum of retail channels
      which includes mass merchants, discount, wholesale
      club, office and music superstores, military and
      e-tailers nationwide. The company currently provides
      its products to over 18,000 retail and distribution
      center locations throughout the United States and
      Canada. Navarre has recently expanded its business to
      include the licensing and publishing of home
      entertainment and multimedia content, primarily
      through the acquisitions of Encore Software, Inc., BCI
      Eclipse Company, LLC, FUNimation Productions, Ltd. and
      the FUNimation stores, Ltd. For more information,
      please visit the company's web site at
      http://www.navarre.com"

      ~Wandering Mage Chichiri

      Seika: http://www.seika.org/
      Ushicon: http://www.ushicon.com/
      Anime Garage Sale: http://www.seika.org/anime/sale/

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • KID
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 21, 2005
        I nominate Kaito for their first son ^^

        On 6/21/05, sosaa !!! <sosaa_22@...> wrote:

        > wooow gosho aoyama has gotten married!! and he didn't even invite me to the
        > wedding! hehe ..
        >
        > if they had a son they should call him conan <<<< they only got married and
        > i started to name their kids
        >
        > http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6760
        >

        > >From: wan hei <wanhei3003@...>
        > >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Gosho Aoyama marriage?
        > >Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:53:29 +0800 (CST)
        >

        > >hello,
        > >

        > >can you please tell me what you arre talking about
        > >

        > >Timmy
        > >
        > >wan hei <wanhei3003@...> wrote:
        > >hi,
        > >
        > >i know i'm new.My name is timmy
        > >i would like to know what are you talking about. :)
        > >
        > >Timmy
        > >

        > >Dagron aka Natalie <dagashi@...> wrote:
        > >

        > >Oops ^^; I was suprised when I found out too.
        > >
        > >From what I've read, although it can't be 100% certain, it seems like they
        > didn't have a ceremony really as such... Just a legal wedding sort of thing.
        > (Isn't that what Charles and Camilla had before or after going to church to
        > be blessed?)
        > >
        > >It does seem interesting though ^_^
        > >
        > > > Message: 7
        > > > Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:39:57 -0000
        > > > From: "Hikaru"
        > >
        > > > Subject: Re: Gosho Aoyama marriage?
        > > >
        > > > Hey hey,
        > > > they were married on May 5th -- Takayama's birthday ^^--
        > > >
        > > > Well, there is a photo that they took at the - i dunno what to call it-
        > > > where they sign the marriage papers..
        > > >
        > > > --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, Erika Narimatsu

        > http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6760

        > >ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans
        > >http://www.conanmania.com
        > >

        > >---------------------------------
        > >Meet your soulmate!
        > >Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather
        > >
        > >ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans
        > >http://www.conanmania.com

        > >---------------------------------
        > >Meet your soulmate!
        > > Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather

      • Erika Narimatsu
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 22, 2005
          Timmy (and any one else who's new to Yahoo Groups),

          You can look at the past messages that were sent to this mailing list on Yahoo Group's site.

          There are also polls, files you can look at, etc on the site. Just check it out, lots of stuff from the past. This is the oldest and largest English language Detective Conan group out there I believe. ^_^

          -Erika

          wan hei <wanhei3003@...> wrote:
          hi,

          i know i'm new.My name is timmy
          i would like to know what are you talking about.  :)

          Timmy

          Dagron aka Natalie <dagashi@...> wrote:

          Oops ^^; I was suprised when I found out too.

          From what I've read, although it can't be 100% certain, it seems like they didn't have a ceremony really as such... Just a legal wedding sort of thing. (Isn't that what Charles and Camilla had before or after going to church to be blessed?)

          It does seem interesting though ^_^

          > Message: 7
          > Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:39:57 -0000
          > From: "Hikaru"
          > Subject: Re: Gosho Aoyama marriage?
          >
          > Hey hey,
          > they were married on May 5th -- Takayama's birthday ^^--
          >
          > Well, there is a photo that they took at the - i dunno what to call it-
          > where they sign the marriage papers..
          >
          > --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, Erika Narimatsu
          > wrote:
          > > Yeah, I found out a while ago. They got married at the beginning of
          > > June apparently, but there aren't any official wedding photos of
          > > them. There are fan sites out there that say they found the wedding
          > > photos, but they're really just promo photos for the series. I'm
          > > curious what kind of wedding they had. Was it Japanese style or
          > > Western style? I hope Japanese, because those are really beautiful.
          > >
          > > -Erika
          > >

          > > On Jun 19, 2005, at 10:26 PM, W.M. Chichiri wrote:
          > >

          > > > It's been all over, on several other Conan
          > > > communities, and even the forums over at FUNimation.
          > > > But I guess no one else had mentioned it over here
          > > > yet.

          Meet your soulmate!
          Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather

          Meet your soulmate!
          Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather

          Yahoo! Groups Links