a decade of Conan

  • Erika Narimatsu
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2004
      Did you guys know that Conan was first serialized in the 1994 Shonen
      Sunday No. 5. It's been over 10 years since then. (How the US is lagged
      behind *cry*) That means that if Conan and the rest of the characters
      aged normally from when the series started, Shinichi, Ran, Sonoko,
      Heiji, and Kazuha would be 27 right now! (That's my age, woohoo).
      Conan, Genta, Mitsuhiko, and Ayumi would be juniors in high school.

      The anime started airing in 1996 I believe, 2 years after the manga
      version was first published.

      And now 500 chapter of the manga is coming up! I wonder if the end is
      nearing? Very exciting, isn't it? ^_^

      I know I said I would do something about my Conan site, truth is, I'm
      lazy. And addicted to FFXI. And usually too tired from work to use any
      remaining brain cells left for translation. So I decided to mindlessly
      scan in Shonen Sunday (while playing FFXI, of course) and post them
      online. You guys are free to harass me to get me working on this.

      -Erika
    • Aichan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
        Ehhh... you asked for some harassment? You know Aichan is wiling to
        harass you anytime!! Hehe, please, scan, scan, scan.

        And... I know I always ask the same, but... server for #beika-cho? Every
        time I reformat my pc, I forget to save this info, and maybe you changed
        servers... -_-

        Aichan

        > I know I said I would do something about my Conan site, truth is, I'm
        > lazy. And addicted to FFXI. And usually too tired from work to use any
        > remaining brain cells left for translation. So I decided to mindlessly
        > scan in Shonen Sunday (while playing FFXI, of course) and post them
        > online. You guys are free to harass me to get me working on this.
        >
        > -Erika
      • Erika
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
          Nope, it should be the same server...

          excel.anime-chat.com
          #beika-cho
          port: 6667

          If anyone else wants to join this channel, please do. We discuss Conan
          stuff along with other stuff :) We talk about everything :) I'm online
          all the time, sometimes afk, sometimes asleep. Come join! :)

          I was thinking of starting my scanning tonight with this week's issue
          of Shonen Sunday. It'll be file 3 in the story, I'll work backwards :P
          Only cuz I'm lazy and I tossed the other files into my closet (even
          though it's only 4 feet away from my from me and my mac at home). All
          while farming for herb seeds in Tahrongi Canyon... ;)

          -Erika (who likes to check conan and ffxi stuff at work, kiddies, I
          set a bad example)