Re: [conan] Viz' manga would use FUNi names?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2004
      PyroKid . wrote:

      >or are helpless under the influence of idiotic, retarded,
      >power-abusing people at Viz, they would have names that are Japanese.

      These names were not created by Viz. And it seemed there is a feud
      between Viz and TMS on names also-- there is some records saying TMS
      forced Funi the use these names.
    • Erika Narimatsu
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 27, 2004
        Where did you get this information? From a Japanese website? I'm
        curious why TMS would want to change the names? Wouldn't it be
        beneficial to keep the original names? So that way products won't be
        confused and such? Dunno...

        -Erika

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 27, 2004
          Erika Narimatsu wrote:

          >Where did you get this information? From a Japanese website? I'm
          >curious why TMS would want to change the names? Wouldn't it be
          >beneficial to keep the original names? So that way products won't be
          >confused and such? Dunno...
          >
          >-Erika

          I know the source isn't really reliable.
          It was in one thread in ToonZone. It said, some time ago, a FUNi staff
          phoned a local anime store to do some market search stuff. After that,
          the person in the store asked for the reason for the name (as in: not
          the title) change. The FUNi person said they were against it, but TMS
          insisted that *if the names were not changed, it can't sell in the US.*

          --
          Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert Shinichian superiority.