RE: [conan] Viz' manga would use FUNi names?

  • Aichan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2004
      And, think of the hints the victim usually leaves regarding the
      murderer's name... I gotta watch how they manage that. Now, only need
      someone kind enough to send me an episode -hinthint- ^__^

      Aichan

      English
      > names (including last names, and it's not romanized Japanese...)
      Think

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 26, 2004
        PyroKid . wrote:

        >or are helpless under the influence of idiotic, retarded,
        >power-abusing people at Viz, they would have names that are Japanese.

        These names were not created by Viz. And it seemed there is a feud
        between Viz and TMS on names also-- there is some records saying TMS
        forced Funi the use these names.
      • Erika Narimatsu
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 27, 2004
          Where did you get this information? From a Japanese website? I'm
          curious why TMS would want to change the names? Wouldn't it be
          beneficial to keep the original names? So that way products won't be
          confused and such? Dunno...

          -Erika

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 27, 2004
            Erika Narimatsu wrote:

            >Where did you get this information? From a Japanese website? I'm
            >curious why TMS would want to change the names? Wouldn't it be
            >beneficial to keep the original names? So that way products won't be
            >confused and such? Dunno...
            >
            >-Erika

            I know the source isn't really reliable.
            It was in one thread in ToonZone. It said, some time ago, a FUNi staff
            phoned a local anime store to do some market search stuff. After that,
            the person in the store asked for the reason for the name (as in: not
            the title) change. The FUNi person said they were against it, but TMS
            insisted that *if the names were not changed, it can't sell in the US.*

            --
            Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert Shinichian superiority.