Comments on Case Closed Please?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2004
      For those lucky enough to watch the first ep of CC, please post your
      opinions here. Please.

      --
      Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert Shinichian superiority.

    • Jennifer Califf
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 2004
        Well, I didn't hate it. The name changes don't bother me, and most
        of the voices were okay. I got a real kick out of the English
        translated versions of the original theme songs. But why did they
        have to give Agasa a German accent? Just because he's a
        scientist/inventor? Urgh. And I didn't like all the 'cop' lingo
        that "Maguire" (Megure) was using. He sounded like a bad gangster
        film. I just know that some kids watching are going to come back and
        complain that they edited out the blood in the severed head scene,
        when the truth is that it looked the same in the Japanese version. I
        honestly don't know how well Conan is going to be received by the
        Adult Swim watching fans. It just doesn't seem like the type of thing
        that fans of Cowboy Bebop and FLCL are going to embrace. I'm also
        worried that Conan animation cel prices are going to skyrocket. I
        hope not, because I love collecting Conan cels.