BN Preorder link for Conan English Manga Vol.1:

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2004
    • Brandy
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17, 2004
        Kick Ass!!! time to spread conan across america *evil
        grin*

        --- Samuel Curtis <conanchristie@...> wrote:

        http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=525WVJQRAI&sourceid=00345694719343152495&bfdate=03%2D13%2D2004+17%3A08%3A29&isbn=1591163277&itm=1

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Erika Narimatsu
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2004
          My only hope is that they don't screw anything up. I never really did
          like Viz's translations. Their translations of Ranma 1/2 stuff wasn't
          that great to me. I ended up preferring reading the Japanese version
          (cheaper, too). I wonder how they'll translate all the Japanese puns
          and clues based on the language/culture, and there are quite a few in
          the series, more so than any other.

          -Erika

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 18, 2004
            Erika Narimatsu wrote:

            >My only hope is that they don't screw anything up. I never really did
            >like Viz's translations. Their translations of Ranma 1/2 stuff wasn't
            >that great to me. I ended up preferring reading the Japanese version
            >(cheaper, too). I wonder how they'll translate all the Japanese puns
            >and clues based on the language/culture, and there are quite a few in
            >the series, more so than any other.
            >
            >-Erika

            I wonder, a manga as wordy as Conan needed 10 pages of translator's notes.