DC in the US: Two News from the same source.

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 20, 2004
      (http://www.tanglewoodfilms.com/news.htm)

      <quote>
      December 4, 2003

      David Haynes joins the team at Funimation Studios as writer for the soon
      to come Case Closed animated series. Funimation Studios, best known for
      the Dragon Ball Z series, will release the first installment of Case
      Closed episodes in the summer 2004 as part of Cartoon Network's Adult
      Swim. Case Closed, known as Detective Conan in Japan follows the
      crime-solving adventures of a seventeen-year old teenager-sleuth trapped
      within the body of a ten year old boy.

      </quote>

      Hence:

      1. The name "Case closed" has been there longer than we thought. The
      owner of edogawaconan.com found that Funi registered the domain on 9
      August 2003.

      2. Funi found a movie person-- this David Haynes is a producer and
      writer of independent movie-- for writing the Conan script. It seemed
      that it is quite unusual...
    • Aichan
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 22, 2004
        Ehh... forgive my ignorance, but... why would they need to write
        scripts? Don't they only have to translate? Dunno, but I see many plot
        changes coming... U_U

        Aichan

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 22, 2004

          What is the newest conan manga now? doesn't matter in which country.

        • Erika Narimatsu
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 22, 2004
            There are 44 volumes in Japan, I believe. The latest one was released a
            few weeks ago.

            -Erika

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 24, 2004
                NOO!!!!!!! now in Malaysia already had number 44!!! haha
                we're kinda of fast don't we???
                Oh n I mean in malays version.
                chinese also 44 already if im not mistaken.
                But i wonder wat took Aoyama so long???
                Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 28, 2004
                      Aichan wrote:

                      >Ehh... forgive my ignorance, but... why would they need to write
                      >scripts? Don't they only have to translate? Dunno, but I see many plot
                      >changes coming... U_U
                      >
                      >Aichan

                      Since someone need to rewrite the translation to make the text more
                      readable, that's all.
                    • Elizabeth L. Knight
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 29, 2004
                        I'm from Seremban. Not sure if it's out here yet. Hope my brother is
                        smart enough to check it today when he goes for basketball. Well, in
                        the Yahoo! Only One Truth group has the Jap version of Vol 44. Pretty
                        cool! Just to give you people a tick. NO HARM! Kaito Kid is BACK! Bye!

                        --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, Cutie <cutegirl_westlife@y...> wrote:
                        > Me ??? I'm in Selangor. I just read it today(onli half the book).
                        Haha, but I'm kind of slow bcoz I know I will have to wait for a
                        looooooonnnnnnngggg time b4 the next vol is out. I'm still wondering
                        whether I should finish it or I should save it for other time.
                        Hmmmmmmmmmmmm (again) . Which state are you in, Roland???

                        > Roland Yeo <hkindaichi_rywc@y...> wrote:
                        > yes, vol 44 just out yesterday. which state u r in?
                        >
                        > Cutie <cutegirl_westlife@y...> wrote: NOO!!!!!!! now in Malaysia
                        already had number 44!!! haha
                        > we're kinda of fast don't we???
                        > Oh n I mean in malays version.
                        > chinese also 44 already if im not mistaken.
                        > But i wonder wat took Aoyama so long???
                        > Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
                        >

                        > Roland Yeo <hkindaichi_rywc@y...> wrote:
                        > it is vol 43 in malaysia now. it's had been month but still no new
                        one. i thought it just end like that. anybody know when it will end?

                        > Erika Narimatsu <sasami20@e...> wrote: There are 44 volumes in
                        Japan, I believe. The latest one was released a
                        > few weeks ago.
                        >
                        > -Erika
                        >
                        > On Feb 22, 2004, at 5:01 PM, Roland Yeo wrote:
                        >
                        > What is the newest conan manga now? doesn't matter in which country.

                        > Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends
                        today! Download Messenger Now

                        > Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail

                        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                        > Click Here

                        Service.