Detective Conan is Case Closed; Jimmy Kudo joins the rank of Bobby Jackson

  • John Ma
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2004
      Funi decided that, due to "legal considerations," Detective Conan would
      be renamed "Case Closed."...

      And character name changes:
      Shinichi Kudo: Jimmy Kudo;
      Ran Mouri: Rachel Moore;
      Kogoro Mouri: Richard Moore.

      Official website: http://www.caseclosed.com/
    • Erika Narimatsu
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2004
        Tell me I'm not the only one here cringing with unhappiness. Who on
        earth decided to change certain names and not the others. I would have
        hoped that since this was going to cable it wouldn't undergo name
        changes. Where is the logic of keeping the last name Kudou if you're
        going to change the first name Jimmy? At least Conan Edogawa was kept
        intact. The more I think about it, the more I wanna go bleh to it.

        -Erika

        On Feb 6, 2004, at 8:48 AM, John Ma wrote:

        > Funi decided that, due to "legal considerations," Detective Conan would
        > be renamed "Case Closed."...
        >
        > And character name changes:
        > Shinichi Kudo: Jimmy Kudo;
        > Ran Mouri: Rachel Moore;
        > Kogoro Mouri: Richard Moore.
        >
        > Official website: http://www.caseclosed.com/

      • J. Chou
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 8, 2004

          Yeah... 'Jim' doesn't really fit, either. It's an old name and since this takes place in Japan, no one would have English names. So what if the voice actors have problems with the original names? They're getting paid, aren't they?

          >From: Erika Narimatsu
          >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [conan] Detective Conan is Case Closed; Jimmy Kudo joins the rank of Bobby Jackson
          >Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:24:54 -0800
          >
          >Tell me I'm not the only one here cringing with unhappiness. Who on
          >earth decided to change certain names and not the others. I would
          >have hoped that since this was going to cable it wouldn't undergo
          >name changes. Where is the logic of keeping the last name Kudou if
          >you're going to change the first name Jimmy? At least Conan Edogawa
          >was kept intact. The more I think about it, the more I wanna go bleh
          >to it.
          >
          >-Erika
          >
          >On Feb 6, 2004, at 8:48 AM, John Ma wrote:
          >
          >>Funi decided that, due to "legal considerations," Detective Conan
          >>would
          >>be renamed "Case Closed."...
          >>
          >>And character name changes:
          >>Shinichi Kudo: Jimmy Kudo;
          >>Ran Mouri: Rachel Moore;
          >>Kogoro Mouri: Richard Moore.
          >>
          >>Official website: http://www.caseclosed.com/

          Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up Accelerator.
        • jessica_h_73
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 10, 2004
            What I'm most worried about is how the name changes are going to
            affect the show, like the 1st movie. I think they mentioned
            something about Shinichi being #1 cause of the "ichi" in his name.
            I wonder how they plan on dealing with those kinds of things @__@

            --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, John Ma <conanchristie@e...> wrote:
            > Funi decided that, due to "legal considerations," Detective Conan
            would
            > be renamed "Case Closed."...
            >
            > And character name changes:
            > Shinichi Kudo: Jimmy Kudo;
            > Ran Mouri: Rachel Moore;
            > Kogoro Mouri: Richard Moore.
            >
            > Official website: http://www.caseclosed.com/
          • Mindy Chen
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 11, 2004
              look on the bright side. At least we won't hear high, tinny, fake voices
              massacre the name pronounciation [i can just hear it with that twang
              already...'Shih-NEE-chee!' shudder]. If it ever gets bad, I can just close
              my eyes and pretend it's a different show completely.