Is Haibara/Shiho in love with Shinichi/Conan?

  • freek_of_naturez2000
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 19, 2004
      I guess its a pretty big question (well..for me at least). I was re-
      reading vol 40 and 41 the other day and i think that Gosho Aoyama
      implies that Haibara has a crush on Shinichi/Conan. I dont know, but
      my opinion is ...she probably is because no one has cared that much
      about her since her sister died. As for Shinichi..well..we all know
      who he really loves dont we?

      Any other thoughts?
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 19, 2004
        I don't know if that was a crush, since Shiho-Ai has lived in the
        absence of love for years... I still son't know if he treated
        Shinichi-Conan as her crush or sibling?

        I doubt if Shinichi-Conan felt any of Ai's crush, let alone if he would
        accept it at all.

        --
        Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert Shinichian superiority.

      • gembel
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 19, 2004
          but there're several scene that showed, "what if there's something
          between them"...

          * the case of castle which has chess statue on their yard..
          (while conan & ai's faces soooo.... close face to face,.. and
          they're blushing when they realised that they facing to close)
          * the case of some football fans that's killed on the train.
          (mitsuko jealous [if i'm not mistaken])...

          --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, Samuel Curtis <conanchristie@e...>
          wrote:
          > I don't know if that was a crush, since Shiho-Ai has lived in the
          > absence of love for years... I still son't know if he treated
          > Shinichi-Conan as her crush or sibling?
          >
          > I doubt if Shinichi-Conan felt any of Ai's crush, let alone if he
          would
          > accept it at all.
          >
          > freek_of_naturez2000 wrote:
          >
          > >I guess its a pretty big question (well..for me at least). I was
          re-
          > >reading vol 40 and 41 the other day and i think that Gosho Aoyama
          > >implies that Haibara has a crush on Shinichi/Conan. I dont know,
          but
          > >my opinion is ...she probably is because no one has cared that
          much
          > >about her since her sister died. As for Shinichi..well..we all
          know
          > >who he really loves dont we?
          > >
          > >Any other thoughts?

        • freek_of_naturez2000
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 23, 2004
            no seriously, I think that if that either Conan or Shiho have not
            found the antidote or whatever, there still might be a good chance
            for the to hook up. After all, Shiho is the only one that
            understands how Shinichi feel AT THIS MOMENT.
            I mean, if Ran really understood Shinichi, then she should have
            known by now that Conan is Shinichi, right?
            The past few vol (39-43), there's quite a lot of clues that Shiho
            does like Shinichi, possibly not love...yet. But definitely she
            likes him more than a friend.

            --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, "gembel" <gembel@y...> wrote:
            > but there're several scene that showed, "what if there's something
            > between them"...
            >
            > * the case of castle which has chess statue on their yard..
            > (while conan & ai's faces soooo.... close face to face,.. and
            > they're blushing when they realised that they facing to close)
            > * the case of some football fans that's killed on the train.
            > (mitsuko jealous [if i'm not mistaken])...
            >

            > --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, Samuel Curtis <conanchristie@e...>
            > wrote:
            > > I don't know if that was a crush, since Shiho-Ai has lived in the
            > > absence of love for years... I still son't know if he treated
            > > Shinichi-Conan as her crush or sibling?
            > >
            > > I doubt if Shinichi-Conan felt any of Ai's crush, let alone if
            he
            > would
            > > accept it at all.
            > >
            > > freek_of_naturez2000 wrote:
            > >
            > > >I guess its a pretty big question (well..for me at least). I
            was
            > re-
            > > >reading vol 40 and 41 the other day and i think that Gosho
            Aoyama
            > > >implies that Haibara has a crush on Shinichi/Conan. I dont
            know,
            > but
            > > >my opinion is ...she probably is because no one has cared that
            > much
            > > >about her since her sister died. As for Shinichi..well..we all
            > know
            > > >who he really loves dont we?
            > > >
            > > >Any other thoughts?

          • Erika Narimatsu
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 23, 2004
              There were several moments when Ran suspected Conan was really Shinichi
              and she would express this to him indirectly which would cause Conan to
              do something to throw her off his track. I think Ran really wants to be
              there for him and support him during his crisis, but Conan simply won't
              let her because of his fear that the black organization would use her
              against him.

              Shiho is more like the type to be a loner, but this could be because of
              the way she grew up and not necessarily her true personality. Her
              sister was murdered and she was forced to work for the black
              organization. Shiho knew that there her chance that she would die
              instead of turning in a small kid was higher, but she was willing to
              take that chance to get away. She does seem to have some sort of
              ulterior motive, but what, I don't know. If she is in love with Conan,
              she would have serious competition with Ran. The episode where Shinichi
              returned to his original form thanks to Haibara's new drug, the effect
              didn't last. She even knew exactly when Shinichi reverts to Conan.
              Normally you don't know how long a drug stays in the body, and
              obviously the drug that reversed Shinichi's age is still affecting him.
              That makes me wonder if she knew something... is she using Shinichi as
              a guinea pig? Or as a pawn expecting the black organization to hear
              about Shinichi's return? Or even to test Shinichi's love for Ran? (The
              last one I highly doubt) If she did love Conan, I'm not sure she would
              give such an experimental drug on him like that...

              Anyways, gotta go...

              -Erika

            • edogawa conan
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 23, 2004

                i do think that haibara is in love with shinichi but shinichi have no idea bout it, he is quiet slow about that.... ai always show her jealousy towards ran, maybe she thinks ran is her enemy. ai is mysterious and unpredictable, i have no idea what is in her mind although i've reread all conan's book many times.

              • Ding Dong
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 23, 2004
                  You know like how they always say, if you love someone
                  then you will hope for that someone to be happy. I
                  guess Shiho realises that she probably cannot ever
                  have Shinichi because he's only in love with Ran. So
                  she made a temporary antidote for Shinichi, you know,
                  to give him a chance with Ran.
                  See? If Ran really was in love with Shinichi or vice
                  versa, then they would want to face this problem
                  together. Still..it makes you wonder,even if Conan
                  does something to "throw Ran off the track", and if
                  Ran knows Shinichi really well then why does she not
                  confront Conan about it? The only time I saw Ran
                  confront Conan about him being Shinichi was in Vol.7
                  (if I am not mistaken)

                  ---------------------------------

                  wrote:

                  > no seriously, I think that if that either Conan or
                  Shiho have not
                  > found the antidote or whatever, there still might be
                  a good chance
                  > for the to hook up. After all, Shiho is the only one
                  that
                  > understands how Shinichi feel AT THIS MOMENT.
                  > I mean, if Ran really understood Shinichi, then she
                  should have
                  > known by now that Conan is Shinichi, right?
                  > The past few vol (39-43), there's quite a lot of
                  clues that Shiho
                  > does like Shinichi, possibly not love...yet. But
                  definitely she
                  > likes him more than a friend.
                  >

                  > --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, "gembel" <gembel@y...>
                  wrote:
                  >> but there're several scene that showed, "what if
                  there's something
                  >> between them"...
                  >>
                  >> * the case of castle which has chess statue on
                  their yard..
                  >> (while conan & ai's faces soooo.... close face
                  to face,.. and
                  >> they're blushing when they realised that they
                  facing to close)
                  >> * the case of some football fans that's killed on
                  the train.
                  >> (mitsuko jealous [if i'm not mistaken])...
                  >>

                  >> --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, Samuel Curtis
                  <conanchristie@e...>
                  >> wrote:
                  >>> I don't know if that was a crush, since Shiho-Ai
                  has lived in the
                  >>> absence of love for years... I still son't know if
                  he treated
                  >>> Shinichi-Conan as her crush or sibling?
                  >>>
                  >>> I doubt if Shinichi-Conan felt any of Ai's crush,
                  let alone if
                  > he
                  >> would
                  >>> accept it at all.

                  > was
                  >> re-
                  > Aoyama
                  Shinichi/Conan. I dont
                  > know,
                  >> but
                  >> much
                  Shinichi..well..we all
                  >> know

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                  Terms of Service.

                  http://au.movies.yahoo.com
                • Erika Narimatsu
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 24, 2004
                    Or Ran might be playing along with Conan because that's what he thinks
                    is the best for her. It's obvious that Conan wants to protect Ran, but
                    whether or not she agrees is a different question.

                  • lily claudya
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 26, 2004
                      Claudya wrote this:
                      Shiho/Ai is a misterious girl. It's imposible to read her mind. Only gosho Aoyama knows her.(of course, he's the one who create her) Ran does love Shinichi very much. But do Shinichi loves her. Shinichi only said that he cares 4 her only. Did Shinichi said he loves Ran? Does anything said that he loves her??? So, I think reading Shinichi's mind is more difficult than Shiho's. And I think Shiho is best for Shinichi. And I got one thing to say. But only people who watch Cardcaptor Sakura could understand. In CCS Sakura and Syaoran is a couple. MAny people short cut it to S+S. And Shinichi+Shiho could be S+S2. ^-^

                    • Summer Breeze
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 26, 2004
                        You're right, Ai's mind is hard to read. But as for whether Shinichi loves
                        Ran, I would say the answer is yes. In the very first episode and first
                        volume of the manga, he imagines himself confessing to Ran. Also, if he
                        didn't love her, he would've never planned to propose to her in the
                        Desperate Revival Arc. ^_^

                        >From: lily claudya <claudya@...>
                        >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Is Haibara/Shiho in love with Shinichi/Conan?
                        >Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 05:58:39 -0800 (PST)
                        >
                        >Claudya wrote this:
                        >Shiho/Ai is a misterious girl. It's imposible to read her mind. Only gosho
                        >Aoyama knows her.(of course, he's the one who create her) Ran does love
                        >Shinichi very much. But do Shinichi loves her. Shinichi only said that he
                        >cares 4 her only. Did Shinichi said he loves Ran? Does anything said that
                        >he loves her??? So, I think reading Shinichi's mind is more difficult than
                        >Shiho's. And I think Shiho is best for Shinichi. And I got one thing to
                        >say. But only people who watch Cardcaptor Sakura could understand. In CCS
                        >Sakura and Syaoran is a couple. MAny people short cut it to S+S. And
                        >Shinichi+Shiho could be S+S2. ^-^
                        >

                        >--- Erika Narimatsu <sasami20@...> wrote:
                        ><< message5.txt >>

                        Download ringtones, logos and picture messages from MSN Malaysia
                        http://www.msn.com.my/mobile/ringtones/default.asp
                      • Ding Dong
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 26, 2004
                          That's one thing that I've been trying to figure out.
                          Was Shinichi actually going to PROPOSE to Ran? Is
                          there any hard, concrete evidence that he was going to
                          propose? No. Some people might argue that bringing Ran
                          to the place where his parents proposed is evidence.
                          Hey, who knows..maybe it's just for dinner! Or maybe
                          that Shinichi wants to ask Ran to go out with him.
                          After all, they never really were a couple. Or
                          Shinichi just wants to tell Ran the truth, or confess
                          his feelings. And the biggest evidence of all :WHERE
                          IS THE RING? There's no implications whatsoever on
                          Shinichi getting the ring, or having one.

                          --- Summer Breeze <summerbreeze2187@...>
                          wrote:
                          ---------------------------------
                          You're right, Ai's mind is hard to read. But as for
                          whether Shinichi loves
                          Ran, I would say the answer is yes. In the very first
                          episode and first
                          volume of the manga, he imagines himself confessing to
                          Ran. Also, if he
                          didn't love her, he would've never planned to propose
                          to her in the
                          Desperate Revival Arc. ^_^

                          >From: lily claudya <claudya@...>
                          >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: Re: [conan] Re: Is Haibara/Shiho in love
                          with Shinichi/Conan?
                          >Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 05:58:39 -0800 (PST)
                          >
                          >Claudya wrote this:
                          >Shiho/Ai is a misterious girl. It's imposible to read
                          her mind. Only gosho
                          >Aoyama knows her.(of course, he's the one who create
                          her) Ran does love
                          >Shinichi very much. But do Shinichi loves her.
                          Shinichi only said that he
                          >cares 4 her only. Did Shinichi said he loves Ran?
                          Does anything said that
                          >he loves her??? So, I think reading Shinichi's mind
                          is more difficult than
                          >Shiho's. And I think Shiho is best for Shinichi. And
                          I got one thing to
                          >say. But only people who watch Cardcaptor Sakura
                          could understand. In CCS
                          >Sakura and Syaoran is a couple. MAny people short cut
                          it to S+S. And
                          >Shinichi+Shiho could be S+S2. ^-^
                          >

                          >--- Erika Narimatsu <sasami20@...> wrote:
                          ><< message5.txt >>

                          Download ringtones, logos and picture messages from
                          MSN Malaysia
                          http://www.msn.com.my/mobile/ringtones/default.asp

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                          Terms of Service.

                          http://au.movies.yahoo.com
                        • cecil
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 27, 2004
                            well if you read vol... umm which was it 36 or 37
                            about the crazy bomber.. which involved miwa (old
                            memory of her past love which got killed in a same
                            bomb incident) and takagi officer.
                            i think it showed us clearly enough how strong
                            shinichi felt about ran..
                            well it was quite obvious time to time that how
                            shinichi or conan really cares for ran..
                            honestly, im not that fond of ran, so i m so envy to
                            see how shinichi actually cares about and loves ran..

                            ---------------------------------
> [...]

                            >>> * the case of some football fans that's killed on
                            > the train.
                            >>> (mitsuko jealous [if i'm not mistaken])...
                            >>>

                            >>> --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, Samuel Curtis
                            > <conanchristie@e...>
                            > has lived in the
                            > he treated

                            > let alone if
                            >> he
                            >>> would

                            > at least). I
                            >> was
                            >>> re-
                            > that Gosho
                            >> Aoyama
                            > Shinichi/Conan. I dont
                            >> know,
                            >>> but
                            > has cared that
                            >>> much
                            > Shinichi..well..we all
                            >>> know

                            >> ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans

                            Yahoo!
                            > Terms of Service.
                            >

                            > Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo!
                            Movies.
                            > http://au.movies.yahoo.com

                            > ---------------------~-->
                            > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP,
                            Epson, Canon or Lexmark

                            http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                          • penpenshinigami@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 27, 2004
                              but at the same time, shinichi did promise to protect/b there for haibara no matter what happens.... is like askin' shinichi which one he will save if both haibara and ran are drowning in the ocean....

                              ---------------------------------
> [...]

                              >he treated

                              >let alone if
                              >>he
                              >>>would

                              >at least). I
                              >>was
                              >>>re-
                              >that Gosho
                              >>Aoyama
                              >Shinichi/Conan. I dont
                              >>know,
                              >>>but
                              >has cared that
                              >>>much
                              >Shinichi..well..we all
                              >>>know

                              >>ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans
                              >>http://www.conanmania.com
                              >>

                              >>Yahoo! Groups Links
                              >>

                              >ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans
                              >http://www.conanmania.com
                              >

                              >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor  ADVERTISEMENT

                              >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                              Yahoo!
                              >Terms of Service.
                              >

                              >Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo!
                              Movies.
                              >http://au.movies.yahoo.com

                              >---------------------~-->
                              >Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP,
                              Epson, Canon or Lexmark
                              >Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or
                              more to the US &
                              >Canada.
                              >http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511

                              http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/cGIolB/TM

                              http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

                              Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &Canada.
                              Click Here!

                              Click Here!

                                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • ran mouri
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 27, 2004
                                hellow
                                can anybody send me some pictures for haibara , conan , shainichi and ran
                                ..... please

                              • ran mouri
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 27, 2004
> [...]

                                  > > >http://www.conanmania.com
                                  > > >

                                  > > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                                  > > Yahoo!
                                  > > >Terms of Service.
                                  > > >

                                  > > >Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo!
                                  > > Movies.
                                  > > >http://au.movies.yahoo.com
                                  > > >

                                  > > >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                  > > >---------------------~-->
                                  > > >Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP,
                                  > > Epson, Canon or Lexmark
                                  > > >Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or
                                  > > more to the US &
                                  > > >Canada.
                                  > > >http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                                  > > >
                                  > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/cGIolB/TM

                                  > > ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans
                                  > > http://www.conanmania.com

                                  > > Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.
                                  > > http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                                  > >

                                  > > ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans

                                • melissa sahril
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 27, 2004
                                    i still think shinichi/conan will always love ran
                                    well how do we know
                                    only gosho aoyama knows
                                    but for me really i wanted shinichi and ran forever
                                    i'll send you the picture straight to your e mail ok

                                  • Elizabeth L. Knight
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 28, 2004
                                      I think that Shiho might have a liking for Conan because he is
                                      responsible and she knows that she can count on him. That happened
                                      ever since her sister died. Well, I don't agree that Conan-Shinichi
                                      will LOVE Shiho because he loves Ran. Watch the 4th movie please...
                                      Conan DID express his love for Ran, though she lost her memory. Come
                                      on, Conan jumped into the track just to pull Ran out before being hit
                                      (then squashed) by the train. Would Conan do the same to Shiho? He
                                      might think (for a second) twice. It's obvious that Shinichi (in Vol
                                      26) took Ran to the restaurant (and then the table) where his dad
                                      proposed his mom. Not to say Shinichi was going to propose, but it's
                                      more like an affectionate showing that Ran means a lot to him. Don't
                                      forget, not ALL guys are romantic, like Shinichi (and Heiji, if you
                                      like it).
                                      I agree that Conan should've told the truth to Ran because as a
                                      couple (or a lover), they should share each other's problems. But
                                      it's not that easy as Conan knows that Ran will be in very DEEP
                                      trouble if she knows about it. Besides, I wonder if Ran wants to use
                                      him as a punching-bag if she found out. ^_~ Ouch, that must have
                                      hurt! >.< Just kidding. And I think (and agree) that Shiho might be
                                      jealous of Ran (at some point). In one of the vol (where it involves
                                      the Fishemen-case, and where Shiho officially introduced herself to
                                      Ran), we read that Shiho was talking about a shark and a dolphin.
                                      Well, I concluded that Shiho meant that Ran is the dolphin (who is
                                      loved by all) while she herself is the shark (who is not liked by
                                      many). Go ahead and consider.
                                      And whoever wrote that Shiho should be with Conan ALL BECAUSE of
                                      CCS should be hanged! Ok, kidding. But please don't put it in that
                                      way just because Shoran and Sakura has the S+S. It makes no sense at
                                      all in any way. We can only conclude that Shiho has a crush on Conan
                                      (because he is the next person you can count on) and that Conan LOVES
                                      and CARES for Ran. Conan might not know that Shiho has feelings for
                                      him but I think that whenever he sensed it, Shiho just sort of brush
                                      her comments on him aside.
                                      All in all, I think that Shiho might just keep her feelings to
                                      herself and just watch from aside. Well, thanks to whoever that said
                                      that Shiho called her sister and said that she's going to the tower.
                                      Because all along I thought she was talking to the BO (since it's in
                                      Jap and my Chinese is not so fluent). Can anyone care to explain more
                                      about the 5th movie on the Shiho-phone thingy? Thanks! Ja ne...
                                      ~Elizabeth~
                                    • melissa sahril

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Mar 28, 2004
                                          Hm... let's see. Shiho was talking to her sister's answering machine,
                                          because she misses her so much. I'm not quite remember, but somehow, Gin and
                                          vodka had something to do with shiho's sister's house, so they went there
                                          and they hear shiho talking to the answering machine but suddenly conan cut
                                          off the phone and delete the recording.
                                          That is all I can recall. Must dig my CDs to watch it again.

                                          ______
                                          Hendra

                                          "Elizabeth L. Knight" <twenty2ndcentury@...> wrote:
                                          > Can anyone care to explain more
                                          > about the 5th movie on the Shiho-phone thingy? Thanks! Ja ne...
                                          > ~Elizabeth~
                                        • cecil
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Mar 28, 2004
                                            well he did say that he will protect ai.. its because
                                            that there is no one else there for ai except
                                            shinichi.. for being under the same condition and at
                                            this time there is no one whom ai could depend on..
                                            and of course, shinichi wont leave ai alone will he?
                                            noone in shinichis position would not say that he will
                                            protect ai no matter what wouldnt he?
                                            and as someone who is like a knight of justice or hero
                                            like shinichi wont do anything like running away and
                                            leaving ai behind right?
                                            same if something bad happened to ayumi cs.
                                            well if ai and ran were drowning in the ocean, he with
                                            his genius head will try to find a way to save both
                                            even that would cost his own life
                                            but in my personal opinion, he might as well go saving
                                            ran first.. hehe]