Some Opinions on the pre-Ai Relationships between Shiho and Others

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2003
      (As always, this is crossposted to [conan] and [only_one_turth] groups.)

      Been read the theories about Shiho, Gin and Shuichi on the web, most
      considering Shiho being the lover of either men above.

      However, I've doubts. How mature Shiho's mind is, the odds of her being
      in love with a man (persumed) more than 10 years older than her is
      questionable-- even twisted is her mind, but her instincts would not
      allow her to do, and given the personalities of Shuichi and Gin-- being
      kind of hard, cold person-- it's quite impossible for her to like
      either.

      What do I propose?

      Since Shuichi is still being mystical, and his being *against* the Org,
      he should have no relationships whatever with Shiho. Gin, however, being
      her supervisor, is very possibly fancied her (and the love rejected by
      Shiho of course). The picturing of a naked Shiho in Volume 24 suggested
      that they had sex; it must be against Shiho's will, if she's not raped
      by Gin. So that's why he knew kim down to the most intimate detail-- in
      some sense, he's Shiho's stalker...

      --
      Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian.
    • Cherie Ponsuwanna
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
        Since there's no such a strong evidence to support the idea yet, I don't think
        there'd be love relationship between Shiho and Gin. I remember you've brought
        up the topic about the naked Shiho's picture once. And I still confirm my point
        of view that it has nothing to do with the story plot.

        Most theories about love between Shiho and Gin come from the way Gin hunts down
        Shiho. As he never leave his hands from her, many are led to think that he's in
        love with her and can't resist a feeling of losing her. Anyway, I think he's
        just so responsible to his job. He was assigned to kill her and he may feel
        it's his responsibility to find her and give a final shot himself.

        My proposal for the type of relationship between Shiho and Gin is:

        They both work for the syndecate in the different field. Shiho is clearly the
        researcher. Gin is, of course, assassin. And with his position which seems to
        be pretty high, he may also have the power to give an order and carry out the
        direct order from those "big guys." Gin may be assigned to keep his eyes on
        Sherry and check the progress of her work, so that'd be how they've known each
        other. From Shiho's point of view, Gin has a power over her.

        About Shiho-Shuichi's relationship, take one scene from File.434, "Rotten
        Apple," (supposed to be published in vol. 42) a close look. Shuichi said at
        that time he wasn't ready to face Haibara yet. Here, although it seems there
        shouldn't be any relationship between Shiho an Shuichi, this scene has
        suggested that they both might know each other long before. However, this scene
        is not a strong, clear evidence for their relationship. It should not be taken
        seriously.

        All opinions are gladly welcome. ^_^

        Cherie

        http://shopping.yahoo.com